Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Driving Licence in Indore
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
The Motor Vehicles Act of 1988 makes it obligatory for a person to have a valid (Saarthi) Driving Licence in order to freely operate his car in India's public places. You must have a valid (Saarthi) Driving Licence in Indore if you want to drive a vehicle. The Government of Madhya Pradesh Transport is in charge of the Licencing Authority in Indore. In Indore Driving Licence application can be made online or offline and is very simple.
Different Types of Driving Licences in Indore
The Regional Transport Authority of Indore issues a (Saarthi) Driver's licence based on the type of vehicle being driven. Indore issues the following categories of Driving Licences:
- Motorcycle With Gear Licence: Issued for motorcycles without gears, including mopeds, scooters, and vehicles not exceeding the limit of 50CC.
- Motorcycle Without Gear Licence: Issued for motorcycles with gears.
- Light Motor Vehicle Licence: Issued for a light motor vehicle, such as a car or a bike.
- Medium Motor Vehicle Licence: Issued for medium/commercial vehicles such as tempos, delivery trucks, and minivans.
- Heavy Motor Vehicle Licence: Issued for heavy vehicles such as commercial trucks.
- Commercial Motor Vehicle Licence: Issued for box trucks, pickup trucks, taxis, trailers, etc.
What is the Eligibility Criteria to Avail Driving Licence in Indore?
The following are the requirements for receiving a (Saarthi) Driving Licence in Indore:
- For a driver's licence, you must be 18 years old
- For a transport vehicle, a person must be 21 years old
- A person who has achieved the age of 16 can ride a motorcycle with a capacity of less than 50CC
- A valid Learning Licence
What are the Documents Required to Avail of a Driving Licence in Indore?
You would have to submit the following documents:
- Form 4
- Three passport-sized photos
- Driver refresher training certificate
- Form 5
- INR 200 application fee
- Medical fitness certificate
- Age and address proof documents
How to Apply for Driving Licence in Indore?
The process for applying online or offline for both a Learning Licence and a Permanent Driving Licence in Indore is very similar.
- Online method: Visit the official website and click on the 'Driving licence related services' tab. Navigate and select 'New Driving Licence.' Fill out the form and upload all the required documents. Schedule a date for the driving test to get a DL after paying the online fee.
- Offline method: Visit the RTO Office and fill the form. After submitting it along with the documents, pay the fees. Now, book a slot for the test and qualify it to get a DL.
How to Get a Duplicate Driving Licence in Indore?
It's possible that your present Driver's Licence has been tampered with or misplaced. You need the following documents to apply for a duplicate one.
- Lost/stolen driver's licence police report
- Photocopy of original DL
- LLD form
- Age and address proof
- Form 1
- INR 200 application fees
You can file your duplicate Driving Licence application online or offline.
How to Get a Driving Licence Renewed in Indore?
Your (Saarthi) DL has an expiration date and must be renewed every 20 years or until the age of 50, whichever comes first. Following documents would be required:
- Original driver's licence copy
- Application form 9
- Form 1
- 3 passport-sized photos
- Proof documents' age and address
You can easily pursue Driving Licence renewal in Indore online or offline.
How to Apply for an International Driving Licence in Indore?
Before applying for an International Driving Licence in Indore, you must have held a Permanent (Saarthi) Driving Licence for at least three months.
- Passport-size photographs
- Doctor's certificate of physical fitness
- DL (permanent)
- Identification and proof of address
- Copy of passport and visa
- Form 4A
- A fee of INR 1000
You can get an international DL in Indore through an online or offline process.
How to Avail a Commercial Driving Licence in Indore?
You can get a commercial driving licence in Indore through the online or offline process mentioned above. For availing of a commercial driving licence (Saarthi) in Indore, you need the following documents:
- Address proof
- Identity proof
- Passport-sized photos
- Form 2
- Form 1A
- Form 5
How to Check Driving Licence in Indore?
Go to the Parivahan Sewa website to check the progress of your Driving Licence application online in Indore. The next steps are:
- Select Online Services from the drop-down menu
- Choose Driving Licence Related Services
- Choose Madhya Pradesh as your state, Indore, your city
- Select Apply Online
- From the drop-down menu, choose 'Application Status'
- Fill in the required fields
- Click on the Submit button.
Driving Licence Test Procedure in Indore
In Indore, the Driving Licence test is done in accordance with Rule 15 of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1985. The test is completed in the presence of a Motor Vehicles Inspector, who examines the applicant's driving abilities before issuing a driver's licence. The understanding of automobiles, as well as traffic norms and regulations, is also tested.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
FAQs on How to Get a Driving Licence in Indore
1. What is the address of the RTO office in Indore?
Indore RTO Office, Nayta Mundla, Indore, Madhya Pradesh – 452020
2. What is the official Parivahan Sewa website?
The website for Parivahan Sewa is https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/.
3. What is the validity of a commercial (Saarthi) Driving Licence in Indore?
Indore commercial driving licences are valid for three years.
4. What is the procedure for renewing my Driving Licence online in Indore?
For a period of 20 years, a Permanent Driving Licence (Saarthi) is valid.
4. What is the validity of an Indore-issued International Driving Licence (Saarthi)?
An international DL in Indore is valid for 1 year.
Recent ArticlesView All
Read this article to learn the most common reasons why car insurance claims are denied and the factors you sho...Read More
It's easy to get Future Generali Car Insurance, which may help you in case of an accident. Read this to know a...Read More
ICICI Lombard comprehensive car insurance policy is a feature-rich policy offering many benefits like 50% NCB,...Read More
This comparison article covers all the essential factors to consider when deciding to stay with or leave your...Read More
Confused about what to choose from the available car insurance options? Check this comprehensive guide to know...Read More
Many commit errors when filing a car insurance claim and receive painful claim application rejections. So, lea...Read More