Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Driving Licence in Jabalpur
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
Proceed without car number
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
The city of Jabalpur in Madhya Pradesh is quite famous for its marble rocks and scenic beauty. It also serves as a launch pad for the famous tiger parks at Kanha, Pench and Bandhavgarh. If you wish to drive around the city of Jabalpur, it is mandatory to always have a valid driving licence on you. Without a valid licence, it is illegal to drive on the roads of this city. Here is everything that you need to know about a driving licence Jabalpur.
Different Types of Driving Licence in Jabalpur
The following are the different types of driving licence Jabalpur has on offer. Based on your vehicle, you can opt for any of the following.
- Motorcycle without Gear: This licence is for mopeds and scooters.
- Motorcycle with Gear: This licence is for motorcycles with gears.
- Road Roller: This licence is for road rollers and construction vehicles.
- Light Motor Vehicle: This licence is for taxis, cars, and motorcycles.
- Heavy Goods Vehicle: This licence is for trailers and trucks.
- Medium Goods: This licence is for tempos and delivery trucks.
What is the Eligibility Criteria to Avail Driving Licence in Jabalpur?
The following is the eligibility criteria for getting your learning licence Jabalpur.
- Age Limit:
- The age of the applicant should be 18 years or more.
- The age of the applicant should be 20 years or more for a commercial driving licence.
- You must be aware of the traffic rules and regulations.
- You will receive the learner’s driving licence first.
- After receiving the learner’s driving, you can apply for a permanent driving licence.
- The window for applying for a permanent driving licence is between 30 days and 180 days after receiving a learner’s driving licence.
What are the Documents Required to Apply for Driving Licence in Jabalpur?
To apply for your learning licence Jabalpur, you would need the following documents.
- Driving licence application form or Form No. 2
- Medical certificate or Form No. 1
- PAN card
- Aadhar card
- Address proof
- Passport size photographs
- Birth certificate
How to Apply for a Driving Licence in Jabalpur?
In the city of Jabalpur, there are two different ways of applying for a driving licence. The first option is to apply for an online driving licence Jabalpur. The second option is to visit an RTO and apply for the licence offline. Here are the details for both methods.
Online Driving Licence Jabalpur
For your driving licence application online Jabalpur, here are all the steps that you need to follow.
- Visit the Sarathi website at https://sarathi.parivahan.gov.in/.
- Select your state as Madhya Pradesh.
- Click on either Apply for Learner Licence for a learning licence or on Apply for Driving Licence for a permanent driving licence.
- Select Continue on the next page.
- Fill out the online application form on the website.
- Upload documents relevant to the application form.
- Select a slot for the driving test.
- Pay the necessary fees for the application.
The process remains the same as far as two wheeler licence online apply Jabalpur has to offer is concerned.
Offline Driving Licence Jabalpur
Applying from the Sarathi website isn’t the only way of getting a driving licence. You can opt for the offline mode as well. Here is how you can do that.
- Visit the RTO nearest to your location and get an application form.
- Fill out the application form.
- Gather all the supporting documents needed for the application.
- Submit the application form along with the documents gathered above at the RTO.
- Choose a convenient slot for your driving test.
- Pay the necessary fees.
The RTO will deliver your driving licence to your registered address provided you pass the driving test.
How to Get a Duplicate Driver’s Licence in Jabalpur?
Many consumers misplace or destroy their driver's licence. You need not worry too much if you fall into this category because you can obtain a duplicate driving licence. The following documents are required in order to submit your duplicate driving licence application online in Jabalpur.
- LLD application form
- Address proof of the applicant
- Age proof of the applicant
- FIR copy, in case of loss of licence
- Original driving licence copy
It is not mandatory to apply for a duplicate driving licence from the Sarathi website, as you can do it offline as well. However, the process remains quite like the one on the Sarathi website. You must visit the RTO, submit the above documents, and pay the required fees.
How to Get a Driving Licence Renewed in Jabalpur?
The Jabalpur driving licence renewal process is easier than you can imagine. You can renew the licence on the completion of 20 years or when you are 50. Driving licence renewal Jabalpur is possible 30 days before the document expires.
The actions you must take to renew your driving licence online in Jabalpur are listed below.
- Navigate to the Sarathi website and choose Madhya Pradesh as your home state.
- On the following screen, select the Apply for DL Renewal option.
- The application form must be completed.
- On the following page, upload each of the necessary papers.
- Select a slot for a driving test and complete its payment.
Thus, driving licence renewal online Jabalpur is easy and a hassle-free process.
How to Apply for an International Driving Licence in Jabalpur?
When you are travelling abroad, you would want to take a bike for a spin or a car for a drive. Having an international driving licence is important in such situations. The process to apply for an international driving licence from Jabalpur is quite simple.
- You must go to the Sarathi website.
- Choose Madhya Pradesh as your native state.
- Select Obtain (IDP) International Driving Permit.
- For your driving licence application, fill out the form and attach additional relevant supporting documentation.
How to Get a Commercial Driving Licence in Jabalpur?
Applicants may submit an offline or online application for a commercial driving licence in Jabalpur. The following documents must be submitted by the applicant.
- You have to acquire the application form.
- Collect the Form no. 2.
- Form 5 certification of instruction from a government driving school.
- Candidates can submit an application for a commercial driving licence after passing the driving test.
Driving Licence Test Procedure in Jabalpur
To receive a driving licence, you must finish the driving licence test. Traditionally, an inspector from the RTO oversees the test's execution. The inspector essentially examines the applicant's fundamental driving skills. And both offline and online modes of operation are covered by this.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
Driving Licence in Jabalpur FAQs
1. Can the driving licence be dispatched to the address of the applicant?
This depends solely on the state’s policies.
2. Should I bring my own vehicle for the driving test in Jabalpur?
Though you need to undergo a Motor Driving test on a vehicle, a vehicle may not be required.
3. What kind of tests take place in Jabalpur RTO?
You must undergo the Motor Driving Test to obtain a driving licence.
4. Can a foreigner apply for a driving licence on the basis of his/her country’s driving licence?
Yes, you can. Diplomats can directly apply for a driving licence while non-diplomats have to get a learner’s licence first.
5. Do I need a medical certificate to apply for a DL in Jabalpur?
Applicants above the age of 40 need to submit Form 1A, while others need to submit Form 1.
You May Also Like
Buy Insurance Plans
Recent ArticlesView All
How to Check SBI General Insurance Claim Status?
Have you recently claimed your SBI car insurance policy? If so, you may be wondering how to check the status o...Read More
A Guide to Checking HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Claim Status
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers various ways to check comprehensive, third-party, or own-damage car...Read More
Convert Your Third Party Car Insurance to Comprehensive Car ...
The comprehensive car insurance policy offers better risk coverage on the road than third-party car insurance....Read More
Permissible Car Insurance Claims in a Year
In India, having a valid car insurance coverage is obligatory by law. This implies that anybody who owns an au...Read More
Top 10 Small Cars in India – Price, Mileage, Specifications
Check out this list of the best ten smallest cars in India, ranked by features including price, gas economy, a...Read More
Top 10 Most Expensive Cars in India - Prices, Mileage, Specs...
In a way, the most expensive cars are more than just cars; they are a statement of excellence in all aspects. ...Read More
A Guide to Buy the Best CSD Car In 2022
If you have been planning to buy a CSD car in India, read on to know the prices of all the models in the categ...Read More
A Complete Guide to Different Bharti AXA Car Insurance Plans
One of the leading players in the Indian insurance marketplace, Bharti AXA has a lot to offer when it comes to...Read More
Mistakes to Avoid While Renewing Shriram Car Insurance Polic...
Shriram General Insurance, undoubtedly, offers best car insurance policies with attractive renewal features. B...Read More