Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Driving Licence in Ahmednagar
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
The city of Ahmednagar in Maharashtra is renowned for its agricultural business and watershed activities. The city is also home to the famous Shirdi Sai Baba temple along with a few other ancient temples and forts. The city is also known for being strict with its traffic rules and regulations. To drive a vehicle in Ahmednagar you need a driving licence. Here is everything that you need to know about a driving licence Ahmednagar.
Different Types of Driving Licence in Ahmednagar
The following are the various types of driving licence Ahmednagar has to offer. Based on the type of vehicle that you are planning to buy, here are the different licence types.
- Light Motor Vehicle: This licence is for cars, taxis, and motorcycles.
- Heavy Goods Vehicle: This licence is for trailers and trucks.
- Motorcycle with Gear: This licence is for motorcycles with gears.
- Motorcycle without Gear: This licence is for mopeds and scooters.
- Road Roller: This licence is for road rollers and construction vehicles.
- Medium Goods: This licence is for tempos and delivery trucks.
What is the Eligibility Criteria to Avail Driving Licence in Ahmednagar?
For the learning licence Ahmednagar has to offer, here are the eligibility criteria:
- Minimum Age:
- The applicant must be 18 years or older
- The applicant must be 20 years or older to apply for a commercial driving licence
- The applicant must be well versed with the traffic rules and regulations
- The applicant must first apply for a learner’s licence
- After receiving a learner’s driving licence, you can apply for a permanent driving licence
- You can do so anytime within 30 days and 180 days of receiving your learner’s driving licence.
What are the Documents Required to Apply for Driving Licence in Ahmednagar?
You must furnish the following documents to apply for your learning licence Ahmednagar.
- Medical certificate or Form No. 1
- Form No. 2 or driving licence application form
- PAN card
- Aadhar Card
- Address Proof
- Passport Size Photographs
- Birth certificate
How to Apply for a Driving Licence in Ahmednagar?
As an applicant, you have two different options that you can choose from when it comes to applying for a driving licence.
- You can either go for an online driving licence Ahmednagar has to offer
- The second option is to apply offline by visiting the RTO.
Though there isn’t a lot of difference in documents or processes, the online mode is a bit more convenient.
Online Driving Licence Ahmednagar
For your driving licence application online Ahmednagar, here is what you need to do.
- Visit https://sarathi.parivahan.gov.in/, the official Sarathi website.
- Select Maharashtra as your state of residence.
- Either click on apply for a learner licence for a learning licence or click on apply for driving licence for a permanent driving licence.
- On the next page, select continue.
- Enter all the information on the online application form.
- Upload related documents.
- Select a slot for your driving test.
- Make the payment for the application and wait for its confirmation.
The process remains the same as far as two wheeler licence online apply Ahmednagar has to offer is concerned.
Offline Driving Licence Ahmednagar
Individuals who do not wish to apply from the Sarathi website can use the offline mode to apply for their driving licence. Here are the steps.
- Visit the RTO that is nearest and get a driving licence application form.
- Fill out the form with all the relevant information.
- Get a copy of all the documents that you must submit along with the application form.
- Submit the application form and the related documents.
- Select a slot for your driving test.
- Pay the necessary fees.
On passing the driving test successfully, you will receive the driving licence at your registered mailing address.
How to Get a Duplicate Driver’s Licence in Ahmednagar?
If you happen to lose, damage, misplace or damage your driving licence, you need not stress over it. You can apply for a duplicate driving licence. To file your duplicate driving licence application online Ahmednagar, you would need the following documents.
- LLD application form
- Address proof
- Age proof
- FIR copy, in case of loss of licence
- Original driving licence’s copy
You can apply for a duplicate driving licence offline if you aren’t too comfortable using the Sarathi website. Visit your nearest RTO, submit the above set of documents, and pay the necessary fees. You will receive the driving licence once your documents have been verified.
How to Get a Driving Licence Renewed in Ahmednagar?
The Ahmednagar driving licence renewal process is easy to follow. You must renew your licence before its expiry, which is usually 20 years, or at the age of 50, whichever occurs first.
In Ahmednagar driving licence renewal can be started 30 days before the expiry of the licence. For your driving licence renewal online Ahmednagar, here are a few simple steps. Visit the Sarathi website, select Maharashtra, choose to apply for the DL renewal option, fill out the application form and upload the necessary documents. Select a slot for your driving test and pay the necessary fees. When you choose a driving licence renewal online Ahmednagar has to offer, the renewal process is much more convenient.
How to Apply for an International Driving Licence in Ahmednagar?
Driving abroad can be an exhilarating experience. However, you must have an international driving licence to experience the same. You can apply for an international driving licence on the Sarathi website. Select Maharashtra as your state and click on apply for International Driving Permit (IDP). Fill out the form and submit supporting documents for your driving licence application.
How to get a Commercial Driving Licence in Ahmednagar?
You can apply for a commercial driving licence in Ahmednagar either online or offline.
- You would need to submit an application form along with Form No. 2,
- This has to be accompanied by a training certificate from a government driving institute and a Form 5.
- After you successfully pass the test, you can proceed with applying for a commercial driving licence.
Driving Licence Test Procedure in Ahmednagar
When you apply for a driving licence, undergoing a driving test is a crucial step of the process. The process is usually supervised by an inspector from the RTO. The inspector would assess the applicant based on their knowledge of driving and also would check for the knowledge of rules and regulations of driving on Indian roads.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
Driving Licence in Ahmednagar FAQs
1. Do I need any special permission for getting a duplicate driving licence?
Yes, you will need a special permit if you fail to apply for a duplicate licence within 6 months of the loss of the original.
2. What is the validity of a commercial driving licence?
A commercial driving licence is valid for a duration of 3 years.
3. What is the fine for driving without a licence?
Every time a driver is caught without a driving licence, they will have to shell out INR 5,000.
4. Is it legal to drive without a driving licence?
No, it is illegal to drive without a valid driving licence.
5. Is there a grace period for renewing a licence?
Yes, there is a 30-day grace period to renew your driving licence.
Recent ArticlesView All
Have you ever wondered what other benefits you are missing out on from your car insurance? Here we discuss var...Read More
People are moving towards electric cars after the price hike of petrol and diesel in India. If you are one of ...Read More
Standalone own-damage car insurance can help you avoid big financial losses if you are involved in an accident...Read More
Looking for IFFCO-Tokio car insurance online? Check out the benefits of buying IFFCO-Tokio car insurance onlin...Read More
A Bajaj Allianz Insurance private car package policy offers numerous features that make it an excellent choice...Read More
How do you repair your car after an accident by paying only for deductibles instead of the entire repair cost?...Read More
Planning to buy TATA AIG car insurance? While it is simple and quick, here are a few things you should conside...Read More