Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Driving Licence in Dhule
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
Proceed without car number
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
Having a driving licence is the first and foremost thing you need to do if you want to drive a vehicle on Indian roads. It is illegal to drive a vehicle without a valid driving licence and the same can only be obtained after the age of 18. The Motor Vehicles Act of 1988 governs the licence rules and regulations in India and the Transport Department of Maharashtra and Dhule is no different. The following are the steps that any individual needs to follow to obtain a driving licence Dhule.
Different Types of Driving Licence in Dhule
The following are the various types of driving licence Dhule available in the state of Maharashtra:
- Bike without Gear: For two-wheelers that do not have gear like mopeds and scooters.
- LMV ( light motor vehicles): For two-wheelers with gear and light motor vehicles like a car.
- Transport and Commercial Vehicles: For vehicles driven commercially or for transport like trucks, buses, cabs, etc. These can be divided into further categories of medium goods vehicles and heavy passenger vehicles.
- Road Roller: For vehicles used for construction purposes.
What is the Eligibility Criteria to Avail of Driving Licence in Dhule?
Following is the eligibility criteria for a learning licence Dhule and a driving licence Dhule:
- To get a licence in Dhule, you must be 16 years of age or more to apply for a bike without gear and a minimum of 18 years of age for an LMV licence. To apply for a commercial and transport licence, you must be a minimum of 20 years old.
- An individual must have a learner’s licence before applying for a permanent driving licence.
- A permanent driving licence can only be applied for if there is a learner’s driving licence. Also one must remember that the permanent licence has to be applied after 30 days and within 180 days of the date of issuing the learner’s licence.
- It is mandatory to be aware of all traffic rules and regulations given by the government and the authorities.
What are the Documents Required to Apply For Driving Licence in Dhule?
When you apply for a driving licence Dhule, you will need to submit some documents along with the application form to get your licence. These documents are mandatory to submit for the processing of the application. Following is the list of documents that are needed:
- Application Form 4 for applying for an LMV or a bike without gear DL application
- Application Form 5 for a commercial licence
- Birth certificate or proof of age
- PAN card
- Aadhar card
- Proof of address of the applicant
- Valid learning licence Dhule
- Passport size photographs
- Form No. 2 was properly filled
- Medical certificate or Form No. 1
How to Apply for a Driving Licence in Dhule?
There are a couple of options when you need to apply for a driving licence in Dhule. You can either choose to apply for an online driving licence Dhule or visit the office of the nearest RTO to apply offline.
Online Driving Licence Dhule
Follow the following steps to apply for a driving licence application online Dhule.
- If you want to apply online for a driving licence in Dhule, you should visit https://sarathi.parivahan.gov.in/sarathiservice/stateSelection.do and click on the state from the drop-down as Maharashtra.
- You then have to select either of the two options to Apply for Driving Licence or Apply for Learner's Licence, depending on the requirement.
- Once on the next page, you have to click on Continue.
- Once the application form loads, fill it with all the correct information and upload all the required documents to apply for an online driving licence Dhule.
- Next, you will need to book a slot for the driving licence test.
- At the last step, you have to pay the fees and you must ensure you get a confirmation for payment as that is required.
The above process is the same for LMV and also for two wheeler licence online Dhule too.
Offline Driving Licence Dhule
For the offline application of the Sarathi driving licence for Dhule, the following is the procedure that has to be followed:
- You need to get an application for a driving licence from the nearest RTO office.
- All necessary and correct details should be filled in the form.
- Along with the application form, all required documents have to be attached.
- Submit the application form at the RTO office and opt for a slot for a driving test.
- Complete the payment of the fees.
Once you complete the test, the licence will be sent to your registered address.
How to Get a Duplicate Driver’s Licence in Dhule?
Vehicle owners usually face situations where their licence is misplaced, lost, damaged or destroyed. In such instances, you can apply for a duplicate licence. To apply for your duplicate driving licence application online Dhule, the following documents are needed.
- Fully filled LLD application form
- Age proof
- Address proof
- A copy of FIR, for lost licence
- Driving licence copy
You can take the above set of documents and visit the RTO to apply offline instead of doing it through the Sarathi website. You must fill out the application form and submit the above documents along with the fee for a duplicate driving licence. After verifying the documents, the officials will issue a duplicate driving licence to you.
How to get a Driving Licence Renewed in Dhule?
In Dhule driving licence renewal is a hassle-free process. You can apply for a driving licence renewal either at the end of 20 years or at 50 years old, whichever occurs first.
Make sure that the driving licence does not expire, else you will not have the legal clearance to drive. In Dhule driving licence renewal can be initiated 30 days before the expiry of the driving licence.
For your driving licence renewal online Dhule, follow these steps.
- Visit the Sarathi official website and select Maharashtra as the state.
- Click on Apply for DL Renewal option.
- And, then fill out the online application form.
After this, you would need to upload all the necessary documents, select a slot for a driving test and pay the necessary fees. By choosing
driving licence renewal online Dhule
has to offer, you can save a lot of time.
How to Apply for an International Driving Licence in Dhule?
There are quite a few drool-worthy stretches of roads across the world. If you wish to drive along those roads, you would need an international driving licence. The process of getting your international driving licence or permit from Dhule is not complicated at all.
- You must visit the Sarathi website and select Maharashtra as your state.
- Next, select Apply for International Driving Permit (IDP).
- Fill out an online application form and upload the supporting documents. You will receive the IDP at your registered address in a few days.
How to get a Commercial Driving Licence in Dhule?
Applicants who want to apply for a commercial licence in Dhule can either opt for the online or offline mode. You must submit an application form along with Form No. 2 with documents such as a training certificate from a government driving school, etc. Once you pass the test, you can apply for a commercial driving licence.
Driving Licence Test Procedure in Dhule
To obtain your driving licence, you must undergo a driving test. An inspector from the RTO would supervise the entire process. They would check for basic driving knowledge and driving skills. The process is applicable, irrespective of whether you apply online or offline.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
Driving Licence in Dhule FAQs
1. What is the LLD form?
It is a form for intimating the RTO about the loss or destruction of a driving licence and applying for a duplicate.
2. Can I drive if I have lost my driving licence?
No, you should refrain from driving if you have lost your driving licence.
3. Can I renew my driving licence after it expires?
If your licence has expired over two years, you might have to retake your driving test to get a new one.
4. Can I renew my driving licence online?
Yes, you can visit the Sarathi website and renew your driving licence online.
5. What is the grace period for driving licence renewal in Maharashtra?
There is a grace period of 30 days for renewing a driving licence.
You May Also Like
Buy Insurance Plans
Recent ArticlesView All
How to Check SBI General Insurance Claim Status?
Have you recently claimed your SBI car insurance policy? If so, you may be wondering how to check the status o...Read More
A Guide to Checking HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Claim Status
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers various ways to check comprehensive, third-party, or own-damage car...Read More
Convert Your Third Party Car Insurance to Comprehensive Car ...
The comprehensive car insurance policy offers better risk coverage on the road than third-party car insurance....Read More
Permissible Car Insurance Claims in a Year
In India, having a valid car insurance coverage is obligatory by law. This implies that anybody who owns an au...Read More
Top 10 Small Cars in India – Price, Mileage, Specifications
Check out this list of the best ten smallest cars in India, ranked by features including price, gas economy, a...Read More
Top 10 Most Expensive Cars in India - Prices, Mileage, Specs...
In a way, the most expensive cars are more than just cars; they are a statement of excellence in all aspects. ...Read More
A Guide to Buy the Best CSD Car In 2022
If you have been planning to buy a CSD car in India, read on to know the prices of all the models in the categ...Read More
A Complete Guide to Different Bharti AXA Car Insurance Plans
One of the leading players in the Indian insurance marketplace, Bharti AXA has a lot to offer when it comes to...Read More
Mistakes to Avoid While Renewing Shriram Car Insurance Polic...
Shriram General Insurance, undoubtedly, offers best car insurance policies with attractive renewal features. B...Read More