Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Driving Licence in Jaipur
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
Proceed without car number
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
Jaipur is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the country and is known as the Pink City. The city is populated as it is the capital of the state of Rajasthan and is known to have more than 5 million vehicles on the road. As per the Motor Vehicles Act 1988, it is compulsory for every individual owning a vehicle to have a valid driving licence. Like in any other part of the country, In Jaipur also, it is illegal to drive a vehicle without a driving licence. Let us now discuss everything you need to know if you are looking to get a driving licence in Jaipur.
Different Types of Driving Licence in Jaipur
When you apply for a driving licence Jaipur, you will realise that there are different kinds of licences available. On the basis of the vehicle, you intend to purchase or drive, you will need to take the licence.
- DL for a motorcycle without gear is issued for vehicles like scooters and mopeds that are driven without a gear.
- The second category is when the DL is issued for two-wheelers with gear and cars. These are known as light motor vehicles or LMVs.
- The third category is for vehicles that are used in transport like buses, trucks, lorries etc. These vehicles are known as heavy motor vehicles or HMV.
- The fourth category is for vehicles which are used for commercial purposes. These can include tempos and cabs.
What is the Eligibility Criteria to Avail Driving Licence in Jaipur?
Before you get a driving licence in Jaipur, you must apply for a learning licence Jaipur. The eligibility criteria to get a permanent licence are as follows:
- The applicant must be 18 years of age to apply for an LMV and 20 years of age to apply for a DL for the commercial and transport category.
- Complete knowledge and information of all traffic rules and regulations is mandatory to apply for a driving licence.
- A valid learning license in Jaipur is needed to apply for a permanent driving licence in the city.
- It is only after 30 days of getting a learning licence Jaipur, can an individual apply for a permanent licence.
What are the Documents Required to Apply For Driving Licence in Jaipur?
To get a driving licence in Jaipur, the applicant must have and submit these documents to the authorities.
- Form No 2 of the driving licence application form
- Form No 1 or a medical certificate
- Form No 5 for applying for a commercial licence
- PAN card
- Aadhaar card
- A copy of any address proof like voters ID, ration card, passport
- Applicant’s passport size photographs
- Applicant’s birth certificate or age proof document like a school certificate, passport etc.
- PAN and aadhaar cards are also valid age-proof documents
How to Apply for a Driving Licence in Jaipur?
When you decide to own or drive a vehicle in Jaipur, the first thing you should do is to apply for a driving licence. As a person who does not have any prior knowledge, the main thing you need to know is that essentially there are two different options you can choose from. The first is to visit the Regional Transport Office or the RTO and apply for a driving licence. The second and easier and more convenient option is to visit the Sarathi website to apply for an online driving licence Jaipur. Let us discuss both options in detail:
Online Driving Licence Jaipur
The following steps must be followed to complete the driving licence application online Jaipur:
- Visit the official Sarathi website at https://sarathi.parivahan.gov.in/.
- Select Rajasthan as the state of residence.
- You will find two options i.e. Apply for Learner Licence and Apply for Driving Licence. Choose the licence type you wish to apply for.
- On the next page, click on Continue.
- Once the application form loads, fill out all the correct details.
- Upload all the documents that have to be attached to the application form.
- You will next need to book a date and time slot for the driving licence which is mandatory by law.
- At the next step, pay the total fees due and wait to get the confirmation as this is needed to be shown.
If you wish to opt for a two wheeler licence online apply Jaipur, the same procedure has to be followed.
Offline Driving Licence Jaipur
Though applying through the Sarathi website makes the application for a driving licence easier, not everyone is comfortable doing this. For the offline method to apply for a driving licence, the applicant has to visit the RTO office in Jaipur. The following steps need to be followed to submit the application:
- Fill the form with all complete and accurate details.
- Submit the completed application form with the appropriate documents.
- Choose a time for the driving test.
- Pay the fees.
Once you have successfully completed the driving test, the driving licence will be sent to your registered mailing address.
How to Get a Duplicate Driver’s Licence in Jaipur?
A duplicate driving licence can be applied for if the original gets lost, damaged or stolen. To apply for your duplicate driving licence application online Jaipur, the following documents are needed.
- The application form for LLD
- Address proof
- Proof of age
- FIR copy, if DL is lost or stolen
- A copy of the original driving licence
For a seamless process, go to the Sarathi website for the online application. After selecting the state, select Apply for Duplicate DL. The rest of the process remains the same. You can visit the RTO with the documents and form if you wish to apply offline.
How to Get a Driving Licence Renewed in Jaipur?
The Jaipur driving licence renewal process is simple. Usually, a driving licence is issued for 20 years and needs to be renewed after that unless you attain the age of 50. The renewal has to be done whichever happens first.
The Jaipur driving licence renewal process can be initiated 30 days prior to the expiry date.
For the driving licence renewal online Jaipur, some simple steps have to be followed.
- Visit the Sarathi website and choose Rajasthan as the state.
- Choose Apply for DL Renewal option on the next page.
- In the next step, the online application form has to be filled and the documents required for licence renewal have to be uploaded.
- The fees need to be paid.
When you choose driving licence renewal online Jaipur, it is a hassle-free exercise.
How to Apply for an International Driving Licence in Jaipur?
Taking a car on hire and driving through foreign countries is one of the best ways to explore a new country. To do so, an International Driving Licence is needed. If you are in Jaipur and want to do the process online then,
- Go to the Sarathi website.
- select Rajasthan as the state of residence.
- Choose Apply for International Driving Permit and then follow the process stated above for applying for a licence.
How to Get a Commercial Driving Licence In Jaipur?
If you wish to apply for a commercial driving licence in Jaipur, you can do it online and follow the following steps:
- Visit the Sarathi Website and Download form 4.
- Fill out the form and along with the required documents, upload the same.
- Upload passport-size photographs.
- Form 1A is the medical certificate.
- A driver refreshing training certificate is needed and for this Form 5 provided by the training centre will need to be uploaded.
- Once this is submitted, a day and time will be given for the driving test.
For applying offline, one has to visit the RTO along with the documents.
Driving Licence Test Procedure In Jaipur
The authorities have to be sure before issuing a licence to a driver. For this, they conduct a driving test in Jaipur where they test their driving skills. This is a part of the Motor Vehicles Act 1988 in section 15. The following procedure has to be followed for this:
- Book your slot at the time of application of a DL.
- Visit the RTO where a Motor Vehicles inspector will conduct a test.
- There are tracks marked in shapes of H and 8 and the driving skills are tested.
- Also, a test is taken to ensure all traffic rules and regulations are known to the applicant.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
Driving Licence in Jaipur FAQs
1. Is there a way to check the status of DL after application?
You can use the application number and check on www.sarathi.nic.in or visit the RTO.
2. After how long of getting a permanent DL, can I apply for an international driving licence?
There has to be a gap of 3 months after getting permanent DL and a driving test is needed.
3. Is there an extra fee for a smart card licence?
Yes, it is INR 200.
4. Is it tough to fill out the application form?
No, it is not as simple details like name, address, father’s name, and date of birth are needed.
5. Can I not get a DL if I fail the driving test?
You can still get a DL. After 7 days you can re-apply for the driving test.
You May Also Like
Buy Insurance Plans
Recent ArticlesView All
How to Check SBI General Insurance Claim Status?
Have you recently claimed your SBI car insurance policy? If so, you may be wondering how to check the status o...Read More
A Guide to Checking HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Claim Status
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers various ways to check comprehensive, third-party, or own-damage car...Read More
Convert Your Third Party Car Insurance to Comprehensive Car ...
The comprehensive car insurance policy offers better risk coverage on the road than third-party car insurance....Read More
Permissible Car Insurance Claims in a Year
In India, having a valid car insurance coverage is obligatory by law. This implies that anybody who owns an au...Read More
Top 10 Small Cars in India – Price, Mileage, Specifications
Check out this list of the best ten smallest cars in India, ranked by features including price, gas economy, a...Read More
Top 10 Most Expensive Cars in India - Prices, Mileage, Specs...
In a way, the most expensive cars are more than just cars; they are a statement of excellence in all aspects. ...Read More
A Guide to Buy the Best CSD Car In 2022
If you have been planning to buy a CSD car in India, read on to know the prices of all the models in the categ...Read More
A Complete Guide to Different Bharti AXA Car Insurance Plans
One of the leading players in the Indian insurance marketplace, Bharti AXA has a lot to offer when it comes to...Read More
Mistakes to Avoid While Renewing Shriram Car Insurance Polic...
Shriram General Insurance, undoubtedly, offers best car insurance policies with attractive renewal features. B...Read More