A reliable insurance provider, Digit Insurance, offers two-wheeler insurance coverage that ensures your vehicle is protected against all potential threats while on the road. Additionally, you will be safeguarded from liability resulting from damage to other people's vehicles, property, or even them. Digit Insurance provides reasonably priced two-wheeler insurance with clear payouts, additional add-on coverage, and a nationwide network garage system.
Let's look at the other benefits of having Digit bike insurance.
What are the Benefits of Having Digit Bike Insurance?
When there are so many two-wheelers operating in cities, accidents are unavoidable. Perhaps this is the reason why third-party bike insurance is mandated by law. Digit offers three different forms of bike insurance: comprehensive bike insurance, third-party bike insurance, and standalone own damage bike insurance.
- There are more than 2900 two wheeler cashless network garages in India to select from.
- Through a self-inspection process supported by a smartphone, claims are processed quickly and without paper.
- For two-wheeler claims, the typical turnaround time is 11 days.
- 24/7 customer service, including on national holidays.
Digit Makes Insurance Claims Simple
People hate waiting; it is a proven fact. That's why, rather than make you wait aimlessly for surveyors to check for damage after an accident, Digit bike insurance lets you self-inspect the damage to your bike using its smartphone-enabled app.
The company prioritises your Digit bike insurance claims to save you from further stress. All you have to do is upload the necessary documents during the claims process, and you're done!
Long-term Bike Insurance Premiums
The cost of third-party premiums is increased annually by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India or IRDAI. Getting long-term coverage will lower your bike insurance price because you just have to pay one installment.
As a result, you won't have to pay the higher premium price, which remains the case with annual renewals. Additionally, Digit Insurance may be able to provide you with discounts on the cost of your solo or comprehensive bike insurance at the time of purchase, increasing your savings.
What does Digit Bike Insurance Cover?
- Accidental losses and damages that could result from collisions.
- Losses caused when your automobile stolen.
- Damaged caused by natural disasters like floods, cyclones, etc.
- Personal Injury: If an automobile accident occurs and the owner is tragically killed or rendered disabled.
- Defendant Losses: In situations where your vehicle results in losses and damages to a third party's vehicles or property.
What is not Included?
- Damage to one's vehicle is not covered by third-party insurance.
- Damage caused due to drunk driving or driving without an active license is not covered.
- Your claim won't be covered if you had a learner's permit and were operating a two-wheeler without another person with a valid driving license seated in the passenger seat.
- Any harm that wasn't caused by the accident directly (e.g. after an accident, if the bike's engine is damaged due to rash driving) will not be covered.
- Any contributory negligence (such as damage resulting from operating a vehicle in a flood, which is not advised according to the owner's manual) will not be covered.
Additional Covers Offered by Digit Bike Insurance
- Zero depreciation bike insurance cover, which is best for vehicles under five years old, enables you to negate the effect of depreciation assessed on your bike and its components and get the full value of repairs, charges, and replacements in the event of a claim.
- Return to invoice bike insurance add-on offers you the benefit of receiving the full invoice value of your automobile, including the price of registering a new vehicle and its road tax, in the event of theft or damages that cannot be repaired.
Engine and gear-box protection cover helps you with any damage resulting from an accident for the entire life of your automobile. It also covers damage caused due to undercarriage damage, water ingress, or lubricating oil leaks.
- With the breakdown assistance add-on, you can benefit from the convenience of getting assistance whenever you need it. Another benefit of this cover is that it isn't registered as a claim when availed.
- You can protect your bike with an additional layer with a consumable bike insurance cover. In the event of an accident, it will pay for all of your bike's smaller parts, including the grease, screws, nuts, bolts, and engine oils.
The Bottom Line
Under Digit Insurance plans, you can check every exclusion. The understandable fine print of the policy document sets out all the conditions and requirements. Digit Insurance also provides further savings and discounts if you are a member of any automobile association.
Long-term bike insurance is advised for new bikes that will be kept for more than three years. However, before buying a bike insurance coverage, make sure to assess your needs and ride carefully.