Acko bike insurance is a new-age insurance company that sells insurance online for two-wheelers. Acko bike insurance goes beyond providing two types of bike insurance policies. They have been a player in the insurance industry since 2016, and Acko has equipped people with their online insurance services.
Buying Acko bike insurance online will give users many benefits, including affordability, hassle-free transactions, and insurance based on individual decisions. You just have to navigate their page, choose your suitable bike insurance policy and buy online.
If you plan to buy bike insurance from the best bike insurance company and Acko is on your list, we have got you covered. Read on to learn the benefits, inclusions, exclusions, features, and more.
Acko Bike Insurance Policy Types
Acko insurance provides two bike insurance policies considering your requirements. They offer mainly third-party bike insurance and comprehensive bike insurance policies. The various types provided by Acko insurance include-
Acko Third-party Bike Insurance
The law mandates third-party insurance in India. If your bike does not have this specific insurance, you could face fines and jail time for any third-party harm. It offers monetary defence against any risks from other parties.
These plans also include coverage for any potential legal fees related to any damage/injury to the third-party person, property or vehicles.
Comprehensive Insurance Policy
Besides third-party damages, this two-wheeler insurance coverage shields the insured from their damages. Theft, damage from accidents, fire, and natural/man-made disasters are all covered in Acko's comprehensive insurance policy.
Such a plan also covers the cost of replacing or repairing various bike parts due to the aforementioned reasons. In India, comprehensive coverage is not mandatory. However, it is essential to protect policyholders from unanticipated costs.
Personal Accident Coverage
Acko also provides personal accident cover, which is also mandatory to buy along with your bike policy. While two-wheeler insurance policies cover the cost of the damages for the bike, the personal accident (PA) provides financial protection against accidents caused by riding bikes or scooters that result in death or disability.
There are some exemptions and deductions for both insurance plans–third party and comprehensive. Before choosing any insurance plan from Acko, you should know them. You should plan by considering the claim settlement ratio before choosing one.
Features of Acko Bike Insurance
Primary features of Acko bike insurance include:
- The insurance premium plan starts at INR 555.
- Comprehensive bike policy includes own damage cover.
- Offers a 50% discount for no claims bonus (NCB) for up to five years without filing a claim.
- Third-party liability coverage.
- Insurance covers up to INR 15 lakhs accidental cover policy for permanently disabled or dead parties.
- Cashless repair services are accessible at network garages.
- With a smartphone app or website, you may instantly purchase or renew two-wheeler insurance coverage without paperwork.
Other Features of Acko Bike Insurance Policies
- Paperless Issuance
You can buy a paperless insurance policy from the comfort of your place. You do not have to submit any documents online or fill out pages of forms, just send in the required bike details to process your insurance policy.
- Low-cost Plans
Every digital process for buying Acko insurance has eliminated all sorts of middlemen and non-transparent brokerage costs. Riders can directly pay the Acko insurance amount with no hidden cost.
- Instant Claim Settlement
Acko insurance guarantees you to settle the claim within 2 hours in case of minor damages. Acko can settle your claim instantly after answering questions and uploading pictures and a few documents of your bike damage.
- Single Platform
Get a free quote before buying an insurance policy. Buy or renew your policy, track your two-wheeler insurance policies, make payments, and everything on a single platform.
- Increase Savings
The low-cost facility, no hidden charges, and discounts on the insurance policy will maximize your savings. Besides, Acko’s multi-year insurance policy claims to help you save money in the long run.
Inclusions and Exclusions of Acko Bike Insurance
The list of inclusions under both third-party and comprehensive bike insurance:
- Bike accidents result in accidental harm.
- Cover costs for third-party losses or damages, such as accidents, injuries, fatalities and property damage.
- Accidental coverage to the insured bike.
- Damages are caused to your bike in the event of natural disasters, fire disasters, and man-made disasters such as riots and protests, etc.
- Provides financial protection against loss because of vehicle theft/ total loss.
The list of exclusions under both third-party and comprehensive bike insurance:
- Damages caused to your two-wheeler due to electrical or mechanical defects.
- Driving while intoxicated by alcohol or other substances resulted in two-wheeler damage.
- Damages caused outside the boundary of a geographical country.
- Damages occurred to your bike while riding it without a valid driving license.
- Damages or losses your bike suffered when your policy was not active.
- Regular wear and tear resulted in repairs or replacement of your bike.
Benefits of Buying Acko Bike Insurance Policy
- The Acko bike insurance policy's online mode helps you get more by paying less.
- You do not have to gather all your documents out of a shell that you touched in ages to buy the policy. All you have to do is enter your bike details and answer their questions online, and it barely takes minutes to finish the process.
- You do not have to wait until Acko's business hours to claim your settlement.
- You can raise a claim, track your claim, and renew your policy 24/7.
- Buying Acko bike insurance online will cut costs and save you time.
- Offers online help if you find yourself stuck while buying or renewing the policy.
You can decide whether to choose an Acko 2-wheeler insurance coverage by considering the characteristics listed above. You can contrast your options with other insurance aggregators to make a more informed choice.