SBI is India's largest financial and banking company. SBI General Insurance Company has emerged as a leading insurance company in India, thanks to its efficient and seamless claim settlement process. They have deployed several helpdesks to help their customers to solve their queries and claim requests.
SBI General Insurance can protect two-wheeler owners by removing their financial burden due to damages or vehicle loss. The company offers comprehensive bike insurance, third-party bike insurance, and own damage bike insurance policies.
SBI General has simplified the claim process for its customers, so they do not have to go through any hectic claim settlement process. SBI General Insurance Company aims to encourage insurance penetration in India by offering vehicle owners transparent and wholesome bike insurance policies.
What is Bike Insurance Claim?
When you have motor insurance, you can make a formal demand to your insurance provider. After raising the claim, your insurance company will pay for your bike's damages due to an accident on your behalf.
Two-wheeler insurance is not limited to any damages caused to the bike. Policyholders can also demand compensation for damages caused to property or personal injury caused to an individual other than the bike owner.
There are 2 bike insurance claim processes: Reimbursement claim and cashless claim.
- Cashless Claim: When a bike is damaged due to an accident, and the owner has to take it to the repair centre or an authorized garage associated with the insurance company, the policyholder is eligible for cashless settlement. In this process, SBI General Insurance Company pays for all the repair bills directly to the garage. In other words, motorcycle owners can take their bike home from the garage without paying a single penny.
- Reimbursement Claim: If your two-wheeler is at a garage that does not come under SBI General's network garages, you will have to pay the bills from your pocket. After the payment, you can ask your insurance company to reimburse your incurred costs.
How to File for A Cashless Claim at SBI?
The steps for raising a cashless claim are seamless. You can easily do it by visiting the official site of SBI General Insurance Company and inserting the needed information into the online form. Following are the steps you have to follow for a cashless claim settlement:
- Inform Your Insurance Company: To initiate the process, contact the insurance company and tell them about the issue, such as theft, losses, or incurred damages for which you are raining the claim.
- Register Claim: After contacting SBI General Insurance Company, one of their managers will contact you as soon as possible. During the registration, you will be asked to provide the following:
- Time and date of the accident
- Policyholder's contact details
- Driver's name
- Policy number
- Description of the incurred damages and loss the bike has sustained
The representative will provide the reference number, which can be used for reference or contact. The form can be collected/downloaded through the website or by visiting the nearest SBI Insurance Company office.
- Damage Surveys: The insurer will inspect the motor vehicle to survey the damages. Once the process is done, the policyholder can submit the claim form with the policy documents.
- Claim Settlement: After completing all the formalities, the insurance company will calculate the amount depending on the policy type. Once done, the claim will be settled, and the policyholder will get compensation to cover the expenses.
How to File for A Reimbursement Claim at SBI?
You can opt for a reimbursement claim if you take your bike to a non-network repair centre. To do this, follow the steps given below:
- Contact Your Insurer: You can connect with your insurance company by calling them at a toll-free number on 1800 102 1111. It is best to connect with SBI General Insurance Company right after an incident.
- Register the Claim: After contacting the company, the representative will contact you within 24 hours to ask about the accident's details. You will also get a claim reference number which you can use for future reference.
- Damage Survey: SBI General Insurance Company will send a surveyor to confirm the bike's damages. After the inspection, the surveyor will calculate the bike repair or parts replacement compensation. You can also choose to provide the needed documents.
- Reimbursement and Repair: You can take your bike to the repair centre of your choice after approval. You must submit the repair receipt with other essential documents to the insurance company. The insurance company will confirm and transfer the amount to the policyholder.
Documents Needed During Insurance Claim Settlement
Following are the documents to keep at hand:
- Driver's licence
- RC copy
- SBI bike insurance policy copy
- Claims form
- Original repair estimate, invoice, and payment receipt
- FIR( in case of third-party loss/theft)
Reasons for SBI General Insurance Claim Rejection
The insurance claim can get rejected because of the following reasons:
- Riding without a valid driver's licence, RC and insurance policy
- Absence of documents and details needed during the claim process
- Acts of negligence
- Fraud claim registration
- Contacting the insurance company after a while
SBI General Insurance Company offers a smooth and quick claim settlement process. Make sure to keep all the necessary documents at hand as you will have to submit them; otherwise, there are chances of claim settlement rejection.
In the cashless claim, you must give your bike to the network garage, and the insurance company will handle all the payments on your behalf. Check the lists of garages with the network to SBI General Insurance Company when buying two wheeler insurance policy.