Owning a two-wheeler can be one of the most exciting times in your life, but it’s also one of the most confusing. Two-wheelers are pricier to maintain than cars, and they’re more complicated to repair when they break down.
The cost of owning a two-wheeler can quickly become overwhelming if you don’t choose the right insurance policy and take steps to ensure your safety on the road. However, there are ways to get the best coverage without spending more than you have to.
If you’re unsure what you need or have any questions, here are some answers to the most common questions regarding this long-term two-wheeler insurance policy. You can buy this type of policy from top insurers like ICICI Lombard and Bharti AXA, or even your local insurance agent if you prefer that interaction.
What Does a Two Wheeler Insurance Policy Refer to?
A long-term two-wheeler insurance policy is an insurance policy that covers your two-wheeler for more than 1 year. This type of policy is ideal if you use your two-wheeler regularly and want the peace of mind of knowing you're covered in case of an accident.
Plus, a long-term two wheeler insurance policy can often save you money compared to buying a series of short-term policies. Keep in mind, though, that it will also cost more upfront than short-term policies.
The length of the long term two wheeler insurance policy will depend on how much coverage you need and what kind of vehicle you drive. For example, some may offer only liability coverage, while others offer both liability and collision coverage.
Why Go for a Long Term Two Wheeler Insurance Policy Online?
There are many reasons to opt for a long-term two-wheeler insurance policy online. For starters, it’s much more convenient than renewing your policy yearly. Plus, you’ll save money in the long run since most insurers offer discounts for longer-term policies. A full-coverage or comprehensive two-wheeler insurance policy will typically cost less if taken out over five years rather than one year.
Benefits of Long Term Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
- Lower Insurance Premium: The insurance companies offer lower rates for long-term policies. The rates of these policies are much cheaper because they know that the chances of you getting into an accident are comparatively less than if you were on a short-term policy. A long-term policy offers stability and assurance that one will not have to worry about renewing their policy yearly.
- Avail No Claim Bonus: The NCB is the discount an insurance provider gives a policyholder who has shown evidence of adopting safe driving practices. You can get up to 20% of your premium if you keep this status. Not only is it applicable for the current year in case you are purchasing a multi-year insurance policy, but also for all subsequent years.
- No Need For Yearly Policy Renewal: One doesn't need to do yearly renewals with a long-term two-wheeler insurance policy. One can buy the policy once, keep it active for three years or five years, depending on which option suits them best and enjoy peace of mind.
- Reduced Risk of Policy Lapse: There is a lesser chance of policy lapse when one opts for a long-term two-wheeler insurance policy. When people opt for long-term policies, they will stay with the same company for some time.
The company knows its customers' reliability and is more likely to give them discounts. They also tend to make riders easy to understand and purchase so that people don't miss out on any other benefits while purchasing just the basic plan.
- Trouble-Free Policy Cancellation: Cancelling the policy is trouble-free as well. It only takes a phone call to the customer care department to cancel the two-wheeler insurance policy.
Policies come with cancellation clauses that mention all the conditions under which one can cancel the policy. Therefore, if the consumer wants to terminate his contract early, he must check the cancellation clause before making a decision.
- Avoid Penalties and Fines: As mentioned earlier, opting for a long-term two-wheeler insurance policy reduces the risk of penalties and fines. However, to ensure no penalties or fines are incurred, it is essential to read the terms and conditions beforehand.
- Drawbacks of a Multi-Year Insurance Policy: To balance the advantages of a multi-year two-wheeler insurance policy, here are some disadvantages. The higher premiums usually offset the cost advantage of reduced premiums. Since we've touched upon higher premiums, let's discuss renewal fees.
They usually increase annually even though one may be willing to pay the same amount annually, but since the total sum goes up each year, there is still an increased burden on our pocket. Apart from increasing costs and renewal fees, what other problems does a multi-year two-wheeler insurance policy pose?
Read more - How to Buy Two Wheeler Insurance Online?
A long-term two-wheeler insurance policy is an excellent way to protect your investment and ensure that you are covered in an accident. However, it is essential to understand the terms and conditions of your policy before you purchase it. Be sure to read the fine print and ask questions if you are unsure about anything. You can find the perfect policy for your needs with some research.