Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
MG Hector Car Insurance
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
The production of the MG Hector first began in 2018 and since then, it has become a popular choice of car in India. The car is marketed by MG Motor India and is built in Halol, Gujrat. The MG Hector falls under the category of a ‘Compact Crossover SUV’ or “Mid-Size SUV’.
MG Hector Features
The car is offered in 11 variants in the Indian market. In the Petrol-based engine with manual transmission section, you will find the Hector Style MT, Hector Shine MT, Hector Hybrid Smart MT and the Hector Hybrid Sharp MT. While the options available in Petrol-based engines with automatic transmission are Hector Shine CVT, Hector Smart CVT and the Hector Sharp CVT. And finally, you will get the Hector Style Diesel MT, Hector Shine Diesel MT, Hector Smart Diesel MT and the Hector Sharp Diesel MT in the Diesel-based engines with manual transmission category. The MG Hector offers Ventilated Front-Seats, Wireless charging, a 10.4-inch infotainment system, an Infinity sound system, a sunroof, cruise control, auto climate control, and many others.
MG Hector Specifications
|ARAI Mileage||13.96 to 17.4 km/l|
|Fuel Type||Petrol / Diesel / Hybrid|
|Engine Displacement||1451cc / 1956cc|
|Maximum Power Output (bhp@rpm)||167.68bhp@3750rpm|
|Maximum Torque Output (nm@rpm)||350nm@1750-2500rpm|
|Transmission Type||Manual / Automatic (CVT) / Automatic (DCT)|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||60 Litres|
|Boot Space||587 Litres|
|Available Ground Clearance||192 mm|
|Wheel Base||2750 mm|
MG Hector Car Insurance
Now, buying an expensive car like this, you would really want to have coverage for any damages or losses that may cause in the future. This is why you should get the MG Hector insurance while purchasing the car. Without car insurance, you can’t drive your car on the road and it is a serious violation of traffic laws. In India, you are required to have your vehicle covered by a motor insurance policy of some sort that includes third-party legal liability coverage. If you are already an owner of an MG Hector and your coverage policy has expired, then we recommend you get your MG Hector car insurance renewal done as soon as possible. And if you are thinking about purchasing a new MG Hector car insurance, then let us tell you about a few important details that you should know. So, go through the page entirely to get a clear idea of things such as the overall MG Hector insurance price, included options and other details on the MG Hector insurance policy.
Types of MG Hector Car Insurance
In India, you can go with either one of these two types of coverage options while getting your old MG Hector car insurance renewal done or while purchasing a new MG Hector car insurance.
- The most commonly selected option is the Third-party only insurance cover. This one will cover any third-party legal liability that may have caused an accidental altercation.
- As for the other option, you have got the Comprehensive type insurance policy. This one offers a whole lot of coverage options, including damage and loss coverage for both the involved parties.
What is Covered Under MG Hector Car Insurance Policy?
Your new MG Hector car insurance policy will offer coverage for these types of damages;
- Any damages incurred due to arson, riots or similar kind of man-caused accidents
- In case of theft of the vehicle
- Liability coverage for the involved third-party
- Personal damage cover
- Repairs cost of the car caused by other accidents beyond your control
What is Not Covered Under MG Hector Car Insurance Policy?
Your new MG Hector car insurance policy will not provide coverage for damages that are;
- Caused while driving under the influence of alcohol or any other illegal substances
- Caused by user’s carelessness
- Caused due to prolonged usage
- Caused while participating in a crime
- Caused while driving without required paperwork such as a valid driving licence/policy papers
These are some examples of damages that your new MG Hector insurance will and will not cover for. We always recommend you to go through all the mentioned terms and conditions while signing up for the MG Hector insurance policy. Also, for any selected add-ons, it will raise your overall MG Hector car insurance cost.
How to Buy/Renew Your MG Hector Car Insurance Policy?
Purchasing a new MG Hector car insurance policy online is a more popular option now. Even though you can still buy your MG Hector car insurance online or get your MG Hector car insurance renewal through a local agent, doing so through the internet is just a more hassle-free option. Let us explain the process of getting MG Hector car insurance online in brief so that you can easily understand it.
A brief guide on getting a new MG Hector car insurance online;
- Provide the right details required
- If going for an MG Hector car insurance renewal, give the particulars of the last policy
- Choose the insurance type
- Proceed to get quotes on the MG Hector car insurance cost
- Go through all the details carefully and if satisfied with the MG Hector insurance price, finalize it
- Pay the annual premium required
And with this, you can get quotes on the MG Hector insurance price and buy the one you like. The process for getting a new MG Hector insurance policy is similar too.
MG Hector Review
MG Hector is a great choice for a car in India. For its price range, it offers top-end features and great specifications. Just be sure to get a good MG Hector insurance along with it and you will be covered in case of any accidental mishaps.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
MG Hector Car Insurance FAQs
1. Is service tax applicable for my MG Hector car insurance policy and how much is it?
Yes, service tax is indeed applicable to your MG Hector car insurance policy and it will cost as per the current rule of law states.
2. What is a certificate of insurance under the Motor Vehicles Act?
According to the Motor Vehicles Act, it is required for car owners to carry a separate certificate of insurance in the vehicle. This certificate is to be issued by the car insurer to the car owner.
3. Do I need to carry my MG Hector car insurance certificate?
Yes, you must carry the certificate of insurance, along with a photocopy of the registration certificate, PUC certificate and a driving licence of the driver while driving your car.
4. What happens if I lose the papers for my MG Hector car insurance policy?
You can apply for a new copy from the same office that had issued the original one. And a very nominal fee will be charged for the issue of the duplicate copy.
5. What will happen to my insurance policy if I sell my MG Hector car?
If you sell your car, then the existing car insurance policy can be transferred in the name of the buyer, bypassing an endorsement. You will need the following documents to pass this endorsement.
- Sale’s deed
- NOC of the seller
- Form 29/30
- No Claim Bonus recovery document
Or, you can just choose to cancel your existing policy, for which you will need the sale’s deed and the form 29/30 as supporting documents.
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers various ways to check comprehensive, third-party, or own-damage car...Read More
The comprehensive car insurance policy offers better risk coverage on the road than third-party car insurance....Read More
In a way, the most expensive cars are more than just cars; they are a statement of excellence in all aspects. ...Read More
One of the leading players in the Indian insurance marketplace, Bharti AXA has a lot to offer when it comes to...Read More
Shriram General Insurance, undoubtedly, offers best car insurance policies with attractive renewal features. B...Read More