According to Motor Vehicles Act 1988, having a two-wheeler insurance policy is mandatory to drive your bike in India. But is buying two-wheeler insurance policy once enough? There is no lifetime two-wheeler insurance policy available. A two-wheeler insurance policy expires beyond its coverage period.
Suppose a motorist forgets to renew his insurance and gets into an accident. He will have to bear all the vehicle repair bills and medical bills on his own. No insurance company will entertain any settlement claims for a lapsed insurance policy. Hence, to abide by the law and have financial protection in case of an accident, it is advisable to renew your policy before it lapses.
Earlier, the two-wheeler insurance policy renewal process meant filling up multiple forms and dealing with loads of paperwork. This intimidating process led to lapsed insurance policies. However, ICICI Lombard values its customers and has designed a simplified online insurance renewal and claims process.
Two-wheeler Insurance Renewal Process at ICICI Lombard Insurance
Renewing a two-wheeler insurance policy through the website of ICICI Lombard is a breeze! You no longer have to visit insurance agents or the insurance company premises to renew your two-wheeler insurance policy. Most two-wheeler insurance policies are for a one-year to a three-year term, and you must renew the policy before it expires to enjoy intact coverage.
The steps to renew the ICICI Lombard two-wheeler insurance policy online are simple:
- Log in to the official website of ICICI Lombard.
- Click on 'Renewals' and further click on 'Bike Policy'.
- Provide the required details either your mobile number or policy number.
- Next step is to click on 'Proceed'.
- You can view your previous policy details from the tab. Based on your experience with two-wheeler insurance coverage, you can choose add-ons or remove features from your existing policy while renewing the motor insurance.
- Check if all the details are correct, and if there is any change, do not forget to update all the latest information. For instance, if your address has changed, be sure to update that piece of detail before you purchase your renewal.
- Choose your plan and pay the premium through net banking, debit or credit cards. Once your transaction is successful, you will instantly receive your policy documents through email. Download the policy details and carry a physical copy while riding your bike.
ICICI Lombard has upped the two-wheeler insurance renewal process by introducing its mobile application. The renewal process on your mobile is similar to the web routine, yet it is more convenient. On the app, you only need to add your bike insurance policy once by filling in the details, and it will store all the data. While renewing ICICI Lombard bike insurance, you will not have to fill in the details again and again.
Two-wheeler Insurance Claims Process at ICICI Lombard
Claiming a two-wheeler insurance policy settlement can be a long process, from contacting customer support, filling up multiple forms, and waiting for the inspection to getting the final settlement. ICICI Lombard puts its customers' priorities first and has streamlined the claims process to make it effortless and quick.
- The first step is to initiate the insurance claim. Considering the comfort of different users, ICICI Lombard supports six ways of initiating claims. You can lodge a claim on their website, write to them on their email ID or call a toll-free number. ICICI Lombard has its own mobile application IL Take Care, where you can initiate, manage and track your two-wheeler insurance policy claim.
- After initiating the claim, you would have to wait for a surveyor to conduct a physical inspection of the damage before taking your bike to the garage for repairs. But with the ICICI Lombard app, you can have an instant inspection with your surveyor via video call to eliminate any delay.
- The app is a comprehensive platform for insurance claims. You can also upload the relevant documents for your claim manager to verify and approve.
- Once the claim is approved, you can take your bike to a garage of your choice. You will have to pay the bills at the workshop and later get them reimbursed from ICICI Lombard. However, taking your bike to a partner garage will be hassle-free and cashless.
While taking the delivery of the bike, you will only pay for the charges not covered in your two-wheeler insurance policy. ICICI Lombard will directly settle the rest of the bills to the garage. Another perk of choosing a partner workshop is you get a 6-months guarantee on all repairs.
- You can also track your ICICI Lombard bike insurance claim status live on the app. Once your bike is repaired, you will receive a message on your registered number.
Read more -