Kotak General Insurance is a reputed Indian insurer. It offers bike insurance plans for two-wheeler owners with attractive features. You can purchase own damage, third-party or zero depreciation covers for bikes from Kotak.
Kotak’s tailored two-wheeler insurance plans offer comprehensive protection against monetary losses arising out of bike theft or accident, damage to third-party or property, bike damage due to rioting or vandalism and natural calamities like a fire, earthquake, etc. However, the extent of coverage will depend on the type of policy you purchase - comprehensive, standalone own damage or third-party policy
Kotak’s claim settlement ratio is appreciable, and customer support is good. You can also opt for multi-year insurance coverage at low premiums.
Key Advantages of Purchasing Bike Insurance from Kotak General Insurance
You will find below how Kotak General Insurance makes your ride on the road safer with its offerings. Enjoy absolute peace of mind as the customised plans with helpful add-ons guard against uncertainties.
Three Different Bike Insurance Options
Kotak offers three types of insurance plans for bike owners.
|Comprehensive Plan||Liability Only Plan||OD (Own Damage) Only Policy|
· Complete coverage for the biker.
· Reimburses workshop repair/ component replacement bills.
· Offers third-party claim coverage.
· Can be bundled up with add-ons.
· Pays for third-party property damage or death/injury of a person(s) hit by the insured bike.
|· Reimburses bills related to accidental damage, other losses, and theft of the bike.|
Easy Bike Insurance Application Process
Kotak has a simplified and time-efficient two-wheeler insurance purchase process.
- Visit the bike insurance page of Kotak General Insurance
- Click on the ‘get a quote’ button
- Provide bike details on the next page, i.e., make, model, registration number, etc.
- Provide your personal details to get the quote.
- Make the payment and download the policy copy.
Extensive Insurance Coverage for Bikes
Kotak’s bike insurance policies offer protection against an array of unforeseen loss or damage-causing stuff, as enlisted below.
- Explosion, fire outbreak, lightning, self-ignition.
- Accidents causing third-party disability, death or property damage.
- Flood, storm, typhoon, cyclone, water inundation, tempest, earthquake, frost, land or rock slide, hailstorm and other natural calamities.
- Theft, burglary, strike, rioting, terrorist attack, deliberate damage by miscreants with malicious intent.
- Damage during transit by any means.
Kotak also offers an accidental coverage benefit of INR 15 lakhs for bike riders for injuries sustained during mounting or alighting from the bike and while travelling.
Hassle-free Claim Registration and Settlement Process
The claim process at Kotak is completely digital. If your bike has met with an accident, you need to follow the process below:
- Call Kotak on 18002664545 anywhere between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.
- Share your claim type and policy details with the agent.
- The customer support executive provides the claim reference number after registering the claim.
- The executive will share the documents to be submitted, like driving license, FIR copy, etc.
- The damaged bike will be inspected within 24 hours (inspection within 48 hours for claims registered on a Sunday or a public holiday).
- If you had opted for a cashless facility, you could get the bike repaired at the network garage free of cost.
- Kotak’s surveyor will inform you about policy deductibles based on the bike’s depreciation.
- If not, reimbursement is done within seven days after checking the bills submitted by you, along with policy mandates.
Large Network of Cashless Garages
Kotak maintains a good network of service outlets to facilitate the ease of repairing damaged bikes in a cashless manner. You can avail of this service hassle-free to enjoy absolute peace of mind and monetary relief. Incidentally, Kotak has about 2315 garages spread across India.
Roadside Assistance Support
If you get stranded in an area where help is not readily available, you can always count on the stellar support of Kotak’s roadside assistance. Once you dial the toll-free number, the assistance team will help troubleshoot the problem over the phone or tow the bike to the nearest service centre free of cost 24X7.
Dedicated Support for Senior Citizens
If you are above 60, you can benefit from Kotak's dedicated support channel for addressing senior citizens' grievances and claims. You need to email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your claim will be settled on a priority basis.
Ease of Escalation of Issue
If you are not happy with the support provided by the customer care executive, cashless garage or other related facilities, you can escalate the issue with Kotak’s management by filling in the feedback form available on its site. Your problem will be resolved within 24 hours.
Kotak offers a large and exciting array of add-ons for bike insurance policy owners. These include:
- Zero depreciation cover
- Consumable cover
- 24X7 roadside assistance support
- Key loss cover
- Passenger/ co-rider cover
- Engine protection cover
- Personal belongings loss coverage
- Daily allowance cover
- Return to invoice cover
- No-claim bonus protection cover
Competitive Premium Rates
The premium rates offered by Kotak are competitive and among the best in the two-wheeler insurance market. Further, attractive loyalty discounts, as well as premium benefits for installing anti-theft devices, are provided.
Kotak General Insurance is a name to reckon with in the two-wheeler insurance market. You can rest assured that only the best-in-class bike insurance plan will come your way if you purchase insurance coverage from Kotak.
Read more - Beginners Guide to Buy Bike Insurance Online