Kotak General Insurance came to the fore of the Indian insurance marketplace in 2015. Still, within a short period, the company has gained substantial customer relationships and market share in the bike insurance segment. It is mainly due to the company's strong customer service credentials and the ease at which it settles the claim.
While India's insurance regulatory body prescribes standard terms and procedures, each service provider has terms and processes that buyers need to familiarise themselves with. Being a new-age tech-enabled operator, Kotak has instituted a seamless digital process, making claim settlements hassle-free for consumers, especially regarding bike insurance policies.
This article provides an overview of the company's two-wheeler insurance claim settlement process to give buyers a brief primer on what's involved and what they need to keep ready before moving forward. So, read on!
Kotak Bike Insurance Claim Types
The claim process largely depends on the type of claim you file. As an insurance policyholder, you can opt for one of the two claim options - cashless or reimbursement.
Cashless claims allow you to get your bike fixed without paying the charges. However, this is possible only if you get the repair done in a garage that is either empanelled or associated with your insurance provider. The insured will need to pay the compulsory and voluntary deductibles (if any) when claiming Kotak bike insurance.
You can opt for the reimbursement claim if you want to get your two-wheeler repaired at your usual workshop. In this case, the garage you have chosen would not be among the network garages of the insurer, and you will have to settle all payments yourself.
Afterward, you can submit the bills and all other relevant documents to your insurer, which will reimburse you or pay you back the repair cost minus the deductible.
Kotak Bike Insurance Claim Process
The process for claiming two-wheeler insurance at Kotak General Insurance is as follows:
- Inform Kotak General Insurance Company about your claim by submitting a claim notification, including the particulars of your policy.
- Attach all necessary documents, including your driver's licence and RC.
- An inspector will come and look at the two-wheeler within 24 hours.
- However, if your claim was filed on a Sunday or a holiday, the inspection will be performed on the next working day.
This process is the same for personal cars and other vehicles, and additionally, Kotak bike insurance allows you to register a claim online in just seven steps.
- Visit its website.
- Select 'claim process' on its home page.
- Scroll down and click on register now.
- Fill in the details mentioned, like vehicle number, policy number, etc.
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number to verify your details.
- Enter it and click on proceed.
List of Documents for Kotak Two-wheeler Insurance Claims
Apart from the duly signed claim form, a copy of your policy documents, registration certificate (RC) and driver's licence, you will need to submit a few other documents depending on the situation.
In Case of Third-party Claims
Copy of the FIR or the First Information Report lodged at the nearest police station.
In Case of a Vehicle Damage Claim
- Copy of FIR
- Original Bills of repair (for reimbursement claims)
- Estimate cost of repairs and invoice from the network garage (for cashless claims)
In Case of Theft
- Copy of FIR.
- 'No Trace Report' of the insured two-wheeler from the police.
- Duly filled and signed 26, 28, 29, 30 and 35 Forms.
- Theft declaration from the Regional Transport Office.
- All sets of keys/warranty card/service booklet.
Note - You will need to present the policy document in every type of claim mentioned above.
The Importance of Timely Two-wheeler Insurance Claim Intimation
Most insurance policyholders fail to recognize the role of time in their claim settlement.
Having insurance coverage is not a guarantee of getting your claim. If the accident happened in May and you submitted all the required documents in August, there's a slim chance they will process your request.
You must file your claim as soon as possible. Moreover, to get the benefit of cashless repair, you need to submit your claim before taking your bike to the garage. Without this, you might have to shell out on your own before getting it reimbursed at a later point.
Read more - Bike Insurance Claim without an RC or DL