If you ride a motorcycle, chances are you’ve thought about your two-wheeler insurance at least once in the past year. If it’s been longer than that, it’s time to do some research! Whether you want to do an online search, write down the number from your card or call your provider, there are plenty of ways to get up-to-date information about your coverage and make sure it will keep you protected on the road if needed.
Your bike insurance expiry date can be one of the most important dates in your year, so it’s important to ensure you’re on top of this! That said, there are plenty of ways you can remember to check your bike insurance expiry date and avoid any last-minute surprises at renewal time. This article will walk you through three of the easiest methods for checking the expiry date of your bike insurance and keeping yourself covered from theft, damage, and other issues that might arise when riding your bike in India.
1. Visit the Insurance Information Bureau to Check the Expiry Date
The easiest way to check the bike insurance expiry date is to visit the Insurance Information Bureau (IIB) website. Follow the below-given steps to check the expiry date of your bike insurance conveniently:
1. First, you must visit the Insurance Information Bureau (IIB) web portal.
2. Then, you will find several handy links on the website's home page. You need to find one that reads "V Seva" and click on it. After clicking on it, a form will appear.
3. As the form appears on the screen. Check out all the details asked and enter the information. Enter the captcha code at the end to complete this step.
4. Now, to submit the form, you need to click on the submit tab. After submitting it, you will be redirected to the website, where you will find all the information about the insurance coverage of your two-wheeler.
You can also fill out an online form to know the details of your bike insurance. You can expect to receive a call from an executive who will contact you on your registered mobile number. However, with this method, you can only get information about the policies you have purchased after 1st April 2020. Further, this method allows you to check your insurance updates up to three times.
2. Visit the VAHAN Website to Check Your Bike Insurance Expiry Date Online
In accordance with the Indian Motor Vehicles Act, every driver has a legal obligation to carry proof of liability insurance to operate a vehicle. It is possible to find the expiration date of your bike insurance policy on the VAHAN website, which is maintained by the Indian Ministry of Road and Transport.
Here are the steps to follow to check your bike insurance policy date online via VAHAN:
1. First, you need to visit the online website of the VAHAN e-service.
2. Then a tab will appear, where you will have to select "Know Your Details".
3. You will find a search bar after selecting that option, where you must type your bike number and the verification code.
4. Once you search, the results for your motorcycle insurance will appear on the website. This column lists the date until which your insurance will remain valid.
3. Check Your Bike Insurance Policy Information from Your Insurer
All of the details of your bike insurance policy can be accessed from one location by logging into the official website of your insurance company. Due to the different web addresses for each company, the process for reviewing these details will differ for each.
Many bike insurance companies require bike registration numbers and bike insurance policy numbers. There is also a way to ask questions on their website. In a short period of time, you will be able to access the information you need.
The Bottom Line
It’s important to keep your bike insurance up-to-date, and there are a few easy ways to do it. You can check your policy documents, contact your insurer directly, or log into your account on their website. By taking a few minutes to stay on top of your insurance, you can avoid any lapses in coverage and be prepared for anything that comes your way.