Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Honda Accord Car Insurance
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
The Honda Accord was first introduced to the Indian car market back in 2001 and was later withdrawn in 2013. Then after three years, Honda India relaunched the Honda Accord in its Hybrid version. The car comes with a 4-door sedan body style and falls under the classification of a ‘Mid-Size Car’. The Honda Accord has become quite the choice of a mid-range sedan, thanks to its featured-packed build.
Honda Accord Features
After its 2016 relaunch in the Indian market, Honda India has offered the Accord in a new Hybrid variant. It is called Accord Hybrid and comes with a powerful 1993cc 2.0 Atkinson cycle engine, with an automatic E-CVT engine and DOHC Valve Configuration. As for the features with the Honda Accord, you will get MacPherson strut with coil spring front suspension, electric steering type, hydraulic assisted rack and pinion type steering gear, front ventilated disc and rear disc brakes, power windows, air conditioning, power boot, automatic climate control, air quality control, rear AC vents, cruise control, front and rear parking sensors, navigation system, engine start/stop button, gear shift indicator, and a few other cool stuff.
Also check - Honda Car Insurance
Honda Accord Specifications
|ARAI Mileage||23.1 km/l|
|Fuel Type||Hybrid (Electric + Petrol)|
|Engine Displacement||1993 cc|
|Maximum Power Output (bhp@rpm)||271.3bhp@6200rpm|
|Maximum Torque Output (Nm@rpm)||339Nm@5000rpm|
|Drive Type||Front-Wheel Drive (FWD)|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||60 Litres|
|Boot Space||420 Litres|
|Body Type||Hybrid Sedan|
|Available Ground Clearance||155 mm|
|Wheel Base||2776 mm|
Honda Accord Car Insurance
It is highly recommended that you should consider getting a good Honda Accord insurance at the time of its purchase. Car insurance will not only cover your damages or losses at the time of an accident, but it will also take care of the legal liability of the third party. As per the Indian Motor Vehicles Act, motor insurance has been made compulsory for all vehicles. So, hurry up and get your expired Honda Accord car insurance renewal done before it lapses. And if you don’t have one already, get a new Honda Accord car insurance policy right now.
Types of Honda Accord Car Insurance
At the time of getting your Honda Accord car insurance renewal or buying a brand new Honda Accord car insurance policy, you have to go with one out of these two coverage types;
- A third-party car insurance policy that only provides coverage in case of third-party legal liability. This is very basic and is a cheaper alternative.
- A comprehensive car type policy, which offers the required third-party legal liability coverage, alongside a lot of other personal damage coverage options for the insured.
What is Covered Under Honda Accord Car Insurance Policy?
These are a few examples of damages that will be covered under your new Honda Accord car insurance policy;
- Floods, earthquakes, cyclones, riots, strikes, or other types of natural/man-made calamities that inflicts damage to your car
- In case of any human-incurred damages during an act of riot, arson, etc.
- Car theft
- Damage and loss compensation of the affected third party
- Damage and loss compensation of the insured
What is not Covered Under Honda Accord Car Insurance Policy?
These are a few examples of damages that won’t be covered under your new Honda Accord car insurance policy;
- General usage inflicted wear and tear
- Damages that are caused on purpose
- Damages incurred during driving the car under the influence of illegal substances
- Damages caused while driving the car in the absence of required paperwork
- Damages caused due to the owner’s laxity
- Unusual usage of the car causing damages to it
The overall Honda Accord insurance price for the comprehensive type coverage will cost more, but it is definitely the best option for the users.
How to Buy/Renew Your Honda Accord Car Insurance Policy?
You can get your new Honda Accord car insurance online without wasting much of your time. The process is similar if you are looking to get your Honda Accord car insurance renewal done. Follow this simple step by step process to get your new Honda Accord car insurance online.
Guide to getting your new Honda Accord car insurance online:
- Search for the insurance
- Fill in the form with your car’s details
- Mention previous policy particulars if available
- Choose the coverage type
- Get quotes on the Honda Accord car insurance cost
- Carefully check the benefits, terms, and the final Honda Accord insurance price
- Pay the final premium and you will be done
That’s how easy it is to compare the Honda Accord car insurance cost, including benefits, and offered terms by sitting at the comfort of your house. Do take the necessary add-ons you think you will need in exchange for a higher Honda Accord insurance price point. The third-party only type will offer the bare minimum coverage and is not suitable for personal damage compensation during an accident. So, going with the comprehensive type Honda Accord car insurance policy is your best bet.
Honda Accord Review
The Honda Accord is a marvellous hybrid-type car currently available in India. It has all the premium features you would need, along with high specifications. So, makes sure to get your expensive car covered by having a Honda Accord car insurance policy.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
Honda Accord Car Insurance FAQs
1. What does the ‘Premium’ mean under the Honda Accord car insurance policy?
The term ‘premium’ under your Honda Accord car insurance policy means the annual fee that users are required to pay in order to get the insurance coverage active.
2. How is the premium of my Honda Accord car insurance policy calculated?
The premium of your Honda Accord car insurance policy is calculated by considering your car’s age, variant, geographical location, types of add-ons included, and a few other things.
3. Is car insurance required for a used Honda Accord car purchase?
As the Indian Motor Vehicles Act of 1988 states, car owners are required to have car insurance for all types of cars. This includes both the new cars and the second-hand purchases.
4. What is the maximum capacity on offered compensation from a third-party-only type of coverage?
The maximum limit set on offered compensation for property damages of the third party is INR 7.5 Lakhs. As for third-party’s bodily damages, the maximum threshold is absent and the total value payable will be decided by the court of law or by the MACT.
5. Is my Honda Accord car insurance premium based on EMIs?
Absolutely not. Your Honda Accord car insurance premium can not be paid in installments. It has to be paid in its entirety, at the time of the policy purchase. Without its whole payment, the insurer will not release the insurance policy papers to you.
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers various ways to check comprehensive, third-party, or own-damage car...Read More
The comprehensive car insurance policy offers better risk coverage on the road than third-party car insurance....Read More
In a way, the most expensive cars are more than just cars; they are a statement of excellence in all aspects. ...Read More
One of the leading players in the Indian insurance marketplace, Bharti AXA has a lot to offer when it comes to...Read More
Shriram General Insurance, undoubtedly, offers best car insurance policies with attractive renewal features. B...Read More