Having bike insurance is non-negotiable to drive your vehicle in India. However, buying insurance is not enough; it is imperative to renew it from time to time before the policy lapses. No insurance company will settle your claims if any damage occurs to your vehicle after the policy expires. Many motorists find it intimidating to go through a pile of paperwork every year to renew their insurance. This often leads to missed renewal deadlines and lapsed insurance.
Keeping this in mind, Reliance General Insurance has designed its website to allow buyers to renew their bike insurance policy online in a few minutes. You can renew your motor insurance by filling in some basic information on its website without any paperwork. It also offers a long-term policy, where you can get a three-year-long policy with a one-time payment.
Let us now look at the insurance renewal and the claim process at Reliance General Insurance in detail.
Insurance Renewal Process at Reliance General Insurance
Reliance General Insurance understands the worth of time and allows its users for Reliance bike insurance renewal online.
- Visit the website of Reliance General Insurance.
- You can now renew your bike insurance policy with the click of a button. Put in your registered mobile number or existing policy number and click on 'renew now'.
- Once the website processes the information, you will have to feed in a couple more details to get an instant quote for your insurance premium.
- Make the payment through your preferred payment mode, and you are done!
The following features make insurance renewal with Reliance bike insurance a cakewalk:
Login with a Breeze
Usually, you don't log into an insurance website that often. Hence, the chances of you forgetting your login credentials for the insurer's website, like user id and password, are high. Reliance General Insurance has resolved this difficulty by allowing its patrons to log in to the insurance policy via their social media credentials.
Reliance General Insurance offers an online and paperless renewal process. It saves you from the time-consuming procedure of collecting and filing hard copies of your documents.
Renewal on the Go
You can visit the official website of Reliance General Insurance, even on your mobile device, to renew the policy even when you don't have a desktop or a laptop.
It is not uncommon to forget the expiry date of your insurance, which can lead to a policy lapse. Reliance General Insurance now offers a three-year policy at one go. It aims to decrease the burden of remembering and renewing the policy every year.
No Inspection Necessary
What can be worse than forgetting to renew an insurance policy? You will have the hassle of renewing a lapsed insurance policy, including a fresh paperwork inspection. However, with Reliance General Insurance, you do not have to go through all that trouble. Put your bike registration number, and you will get an expired insurance quote for your two-wheeler.
Claims Procedure at Reliance General Insurance
Reliance General Insurance believes in a simple and fast claim settlement process. To further enhance the process and ensure faster settlements, it offers 24x7 assistance via telephone to customers, even on weekends and holidays. To have a smooth Reliance bike insurance claim, follow the subsequent steps:
- The first step is registering your bike insurance claim with the company within 24 hours of the accident. Call its toll-free number and mention your policy number or vehicle registration number to initiate the claims process.
- Take your vehicle to a company-authorized garage for any repair work post the inspection made by the surveyor.
- Submit all the required documents (driver's license, duly filled and signed claims form, FIR report, etc.) to the surveyor to get a successful and super-fast settlement.
- Reliance General Insurance will inspect all the paperwork and evidence submitted to verify your claim and confirm the liabilities.
- It provides both cashless and reimbursement options for the claim process. To avail of the cashless claim process, you must take your vehicle to Reliance General Insurance's authorized garages. The company will work with the garage and settle the bills (up to the amount payable per your policy terms). You will need to pay the compulsory deductible and voluntary deductible (if any) to the garage before taking away your two-wheeler from it.
- For the reimbursement claim process, you will need to pay the entire amount for the repair work at the garage. Then, you can submit all the receipts with other documents to the company to claim your settlement.
- The bike insurance company will reimburse the amount up to the covered limit. You will need to pay the deductible to the garage.
Note- You should know the terms and conditions of your policy before claiming any settlement from Reliance General Insurance. Do not drive the bike after the accident, as any additional damage arising from driving an already damaged vehicle will not be covered under the bike insurance policy. Also, do not attempt to repair the bike without an inspection by an authorized official from Reliance General Insurance.
Reliance General Insurance has considered the buyer's convenience and user experience when developing its enhanced website that caters to this modern-day clientele. It values the time and effort of its patrons. Hence, from logging in through social media credentials to a user-friendly interface, the website offers it all for a streamlined and efficient insurance renewal and claim process. Its e-commerce website is an AI-supported platform that suggests tips to buyers. It further simplifies an otherwise complicated process.
An NCB in bike insurance is a discount on insurance premiums you can avail of after not claiming any settlements in a year. It is an accumulative discount, starting from 20%, and it can go up to 50% if you do not claim for five consecutive policy years.
Read more -