Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Audi A5 Car Insurance
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
Since its early days of production in 2007, the Audi A5 has been a go-to compact executive coupe. The German automobile manufacturer, Audi, takes a lot of pride in its A5 series of cars. The A5 falls under Audi’s B-platform series of vehicles, where the first generation of this model was a member of the B8 family, while the second generation is based on the B9 category. Coming back to its class section, the Audi A5 is comprised of a 2-door Coupe, 2-door cabriolet and a 5-door Sportback (liftback sedan) variants.
Audi A5 Features
There are 3 versions of the Audi A5 that can be seen in India. The first two versions are the Sportback 35 TDI and the Sportback 40 TDI, which come with a 1968 cc Diesel engine, automatic transmission and provide around 19.2 km/l of mileage. The final version is the Audi A5 S5, which is a petrol-based model, with a 2995 cc engine, and automatic transmission. As for its key features, the Audi A5 has got air conditioning, Power windows, ABS with EBD, ESP & EBA, Traction control, Heated Power Seats, Multifunction display, Driver and Passenger Airbags, Full auto climate control, Cruise control, touch-sensitive infotainment system, and a lot more advanced options.
Audi A5 Specifications
|Diesel / Petrol
|1968 cc / 2995 cc
|Maximum Power Output (bhp@rpm)
|Maximum Torque Output (nm@rpm)
|Front-Wheel Drive (FWD) / All-Wheel Drive (AWD)
|Fuel Tank Capacity
|Sedan / Sportback
|Available Ground Clearance
Audi A5 Car Insurance
Now that you know everything about the Audi A5, let us tell you a little bit about the motor insurance policy in India. The roads are not always safe and there are a lot of things that go into maintaining safety while driving. For this reason, car owners must have car insurance coverage. In this case, having an Audi A5 insurance will help you in times of unforeseen troubles caused in the future. Generally, people buy insurance when they purchase a car, so you can look for a new Audi A5 car insurance and buy it. And in case you already have Audi A5 insurance but it has expired, make sure that the Audi A5 car insurance renewal is made before your next trip.
Types of Audi A5 Car Insurance
So you want to purchase a new Audi A5 car insurance or even if your plans are for an Audi A5 car insurance renewal, you should know about the two types of insurance available to you.
- The first one is the third-party car insurance policy. It is commonly preferred because it is a cheaper option and it covers third-party liability damage coverage, which is mandatory by Indian law.
- The second type is the comprehensive car insurance policy and it covers a wide range of damage options. The Comprehensive insurance policy costs more but it covers a lot of options that are very important when owning an expensive car like the Audi A5. It includes the basic third-party legal liability coverage, and also covers the damages that occurred to the owner.
What is Covered Under the Audi A5 Insurance Policy?
A lot of important coverage is offered with the Audi A5 car insurance policy. It includes;
- Damage caused by other people like theft of the car or car parts, damage that occurred during a riot, in case of accidents, etc.
- Any damages caused to the car by natural disasters like floods, earthquakes, cyclones, etc.
- Legal third-party liability coverage
- Damages to the owner’s car
You will be getting extensive damage coverage with a lot more options with the comprehensive insurance policy. But if you only want the mandatory third-party liability coverage, you can get so with the third-party insurance policy. The comprehensive and third-party insurance policies have huge differences in cost, so compare and look for the ideal Audi A5 insurance price online or through an agent before finalizing.
What is not Covered Under Audi A5 Insurance Policy?
Certain events and incidents are not covered under the Audi A5 car insurance policy. Like the ones mentioned below;
- Any damage caused to the vehicle on purpose
- Driving while under the influence of illegal substance or alcohol
- Damages due to owner’s neglect
- Driving without proper paperwork
- General wear and tear due to extensive usage
- Damages caused to/with the vehicles while participating in unlawful acts
The scheme related what-ifs and what-nots are different for new Audi A5 insurance policies that you haven’t previously own.
How to Renew/Buy Your Audi A5 Car Insurance Policy?
In the current day and age, people prefer to buy Audi A5 car insurance online. While getting a new Audi A5 car insurance online or through an agent, serves the same purpose, the former is sure very convenient. You also get a lot more choices and the Audi A5 insurance price varies in case of any add-ons. So pre-consideration of the scheme related to Audi A5 car insurance cost, benefits, terms and conditions should be taken care of by buyers.
If you want to know how you can renew or purchase a new Audi A5 car insurance online, then here are the steps that you need to follow;
- Provide all the necessary personal details and car details that are required
- Mention any of the previous particulars of the last insurance policy
- Now choose the insurance type you want to be covered with
- Press on “get quotes” to get the Audi A5 insurance price
- Consider the Audi A5 car insurance cost that makes the most sense to your budget and pay the final premium to get it
After finishing that, the process of your Audi car insurance for A5 renewal will be done. The entire Audi A5 car insurance renewal process can be done via your phone so you don’t have to take out extra time out of your busy schedule.
Audi A5 Review
The Audi A5 looks intimidating and classy. It has a cockpit-style, with a sporty-looking cabin that makes driving feel more enjoyable. The mileage on the Audi A5 makes it a good daily driver too. The car is tame enough for Indian roads and has an aesthetic vibrance surrounding itself. So rev your engines, get an Audi A5 insurance and make the streets lively.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
Audi A5 Car Insurance FAQs
1. Can I change my Audi A5 insurance policy from comprehensive to third-party only?
Yes, you can always change the type of your Audi A5 insurance policy at the time of renewal.
2. What happens to my insurance if I sell my Audi A5?
When you sell your Audi A5, you can either choose to cancel your existing policy or transfer the same to the new buyer by an endorsement along with Form 29/30 and a NOC.
3. What are the documents needed to raise a claim for my Audi A5 car insurance policy?
The mandatory documents to file a cashless claim would include policy documents, the RC of the vehicle, driver’s licence and the police FIR copy. However, for a reimbursement claim, you also need to provide the original bills and receipts along with the surveyor’s approval of the claim amount and the policyholder’s bank account details for the NEFT transfer.
4. Is Audi A5 car insurance policy mandatory?
Yes, a valid third- party only policy for your Audi A5 is mandatory to ply your vehicle on the Indian roads. However, it is advised to opt for a comprehensive plan to cover the damages of your own vehicle as well.
5. Can i transfer the NCB of my old car to my new Audi A5 car insurance policy?
Yes, NCB is for the driver and not the vehicle. So, you can always transfer your No Claim Bonus to your new car by obtaining a No Claim Bonus certificate.
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers various ways to check comprehensive, third-party, or own-damage car...Read More
The comprehensive car insurance policy offers better risk coverage on the road than third-party car insurance....Read More
In a way, the most expensive cars are more than just cars; they are a statement of excellence in all aspects. ...Read More
One of the leading players in the Indian insurance marketplace, Bharti AXA has a lot to offer when it comes to...Read More
Shriram General Insurance, undoubtedly, offers best car insurance policies with attractive renewal features. B...Read More