Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Chevrolet Tavera Car Insurance
Enter 4-Wheeler number to get Quote
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
The Chevrolet Tavera was produced by the American automobile manufacturer General Motors, and it falls under the “Compact MPV” class of car and was once sold largely in the Indian market. However, it is no longer in production in India, but you can still buy a used one from the second-hand car market. It had two versions being sold in the Indian market. The first one was called the original Tavera and the second version was called Tavera neo. This MPV or the “Multi-Purpose Vehicle” gradually earned quite a lot of popularity among car lovers and thus it sold so many units in the region.
Chevrolet Tavera Features
The Chevrolet Tavera had nine variants to select from in India. The Tavera Base 10 Str BS IV, The Tavera Base 9 Str BS IV, the Tavera Max 10 Str BS IV, Tavera Max 9 Str BS IV, Tavera LS 9 Str BS IV, Tavera LS 7 Str BS IV, Tavera LS 7C Str BS-IV, Tavera LS 10 Str BS-IV and the Tavera LT 9 Str BS-IV. All of these models had quite similar specifications with a few differences, especially in engine displacement. As for its features, it has a heater, remote fuel lid opener, an accessory power outlet, glove compartment, adjustable headlights, tubeless/radial tyres, and a few other necessities.
Chevrolet Tavera Specifications
|ARAI Mileage||13.58 km/l|
|Engine Displacement||1994cc / 2499cc|
|Maximum Power Output (bhp@rpm)||58bhp@3800rpm|
|Maximum Torque Output (nm@rpm)||176Nm@1400-2600rpm|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||55 Litres|
|Boot Space||195 Lires|
|Available Ground Clearance||185 mm|
|Wheel Base||2685 mm|
Chevrolet Tavera Car Insurance
The Chevrolet Tavera was a popular choice for a multi-purpose car for a long time and it makes sense to invest in it even this year. However, buying a car at an optimal price is not only the single most important thing that you should be worrying about, the other is getting a Chevrolet Tavera insurance. As the Indian Motors Act states, in order to drive your vehicle on the street, it is compulsory to have motor insurance coverage for it. Even though the law states you need at least a third-party type of car insurance, you can always go with more. There are certain things you should look into while considering a new Chevrolet Tavera car insurance. And in case you already had one, which has now expired, make getting your Chevrolet Tavera car insurance renewal a priority. We will give you some of the important information that you should know while searching for Chevrolet Tavera insurance.
Types of Chevrolet Tavera Car Insurance
In the policy market, you will be greeted with two options whenever you go to buy a new Chevrolet Tavera car insurance or try getting your Chevrolet Tavera car insurance renewal done. The options available to you are;
- The basic third-party car insurance, which offers the basic damage and liability coverage of the third-party. It is a cheaper option and is opted for by the majority of vehicles owners in the country.
- The extensive option is called comprehensive car insurance, which not only covers damages and losses of the third- party but also covers the damages of the insured vehicles. It has a few more coverage options that are vital for a car owner.
What will be Covered Under Chevrolet Tavera Car Insurance Policy?
The Chevrolet Tavera car insurance policy will provide coverage for;
- In an act of car theft and fire
- Damages inflicted by another person or entity in an activity such as a riot, arson, etc.
- Earthquakes, storms, tsunamis, floods, or any other natural calamity caused damages
- Thrid-party liability covers
- The insured party’s damage coverage
The comprehensive type of coverage will be providing you with most of these, that is why it is recommended to go with this type with your Chevrolet Tavera insurance policy. You can also opt for the third-party only type of policy that keeps the Chevrolet Tavera insurance price significantly lower.
What will not be Covered Under Chevrolet Tavera Car Insurance Policy?
The Chevrolet Tavera car insurance policy will not provide any coverage for;
- Damages caused by the owner’s laxness
- Damages while driving the car while under the effect of alcohol
- Damages caused when partaking in a crime
- Damages caused when driving with no valid registration, DL and other paperwork
- Self-destruction of vehicle on purpose
- General use and tear of the vehicle
When getting a new Chevrolet Tavera insurance, be sure to check all of these terms with care.
How to Renew/Buy Your Chevrolet Tavera Car Insurance Policy?
You can consider getting your Chevrolet Tavera car insurance renewal or applying for a new Chevrolet Tavera car insurance online. It will only cost you a few clicks and you can do this from your home. Here’s what you need to do in order to get the new Chevrolet Tavera car insurance online;
Steps to get a Chevrolet Tavera car insurance online;
- Provide the details of your car and your personal information that are required for the policy
- Give any particular of you last insurance if available
- Select the type of coverage
- Get quotes on the differed Chevrolet Tavera insurance price points
- Verify the details and the Chevrolet Tavera car insurance cost
- Finalize the deal and pay the premium that is required
The advantage of doing this online is that you will be able to compare the Chevrolet Tavera car insurance cost at your own convenience.
Chevrolet Tavera Review
The Chevrolet Tavera is still a car that makes sense this year. It is a vehicle that you can use as your daily driver, as your family car, go on long trips, go grocery shopping, and much more. Just drive safely with care and attention and have a Chevrolet Tavera car insurance policy coverage for any inconvenience.
Chevrolet Tavera Car Insurance FAQs
1. Is the Chevrolet Tavera car insurance mandatory?
According to the Indian Motor Act, you must have at least a third-party insurance coverage for your vehicle.
2. Can I get add-ons to my comprehensive Chevrolet Tavera car insurance?
Yes, you can have additional coverage options with your comprehensive type policy which will increase the premium on your Chevrolet Tavera car insurance price. However, the option of add-ons is not available for third-party only coverage policy.
3. What is the IDV of my Chevrolet Tavera car insurance?
The Insured Declared Value or the IDV is your car’s total insured sum. It is fixed at the beginning of your policy for each renewal year. Proportionate to this IDV, all your claims will be processed.
4. How is the premium of my Chevrolet Tavera car insurance policy calculated?
Multiple factors come into action when calculating the premium of your Chevrolet Tavera car insurance. It includes factors like the different add-ons included, the current age of the car, type of the insurance, variant of the vehicle, geographical location,etc.
5. What is the total duration of my Chevrolet Tavera car insurance policy?
The Chevrolet Tavera car insurance policy has a duration of one year, starting from the time of initiation of the policy.
Recent ArticlesView All
Availing a car insurance without a driving license can be possible under certain circumstances. Know what are ...Read More
Are you looking for the difference between third-party and first-party insurance? Learn the difference on the ...Read More
Difference between comprehensive and third-party car insurance: Comprehensive policy covers both own damages a...Read More