Starting at only ₹1.5 per Day*
TVS Wego Two Wheeler Insurance
Enter your details to buy Bike Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
The TVS Wego is a scooter that is manufactured and marketed for the Indian two-wheeler category by TVS Motor Company. It was first introduced back in 2010 and it falls within the very popular and reliable “scooty” series by TVS. The TVS Wego is considered to be a higher-end vehicle in the 110 cc scooter segment. It looks minimalistic in design and styling, with the key points to notice being its colour and body graphics. The design of the Wego has attracted both male and female riders, who prefer it for local and city commuting, thanks to its great specification, features and range. Let’s take a brief look at the TVS Wego down below.
TVS Wego Features
TVS offers the Wego in two main variants, namely the TVS Wego Drum BS6 and TVS Wego Disc. In terms of features, the Wego comes with a 4-stroke air-cooled engine, self and kick start option, digital instrument cluster with odometer, trip meter and speedometer, charging port for mobile, single body seat design, passenger side footrest, under-seat storage, carry hook, pass switch, body graphics, halogen type headlight, LED taillight, bulb turn signal lamps, belt drive, maintenance-free battery type, telescopic front suspension, unit swing gas-filled hydraulic damper rear suspension, front disc brake, rear drum brake, tube tyre and alloy wheels.
TVS Wego Specifications
|ARAI Mileage||70 km/l|
|Engine Displacement||110 cc|
|Maximum Power Output (PS@rpm)||8PS@7500rpm|
|Maximum Torque Output (Nm@rpm)||8.4Nm@5500rpm|
|Cooling System||Air cooled|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||5 litres|
|Available Ground Clearance||150 mm|
|Front Wheel Size||12 inch|
|Rear Wheel Size||12 inch|
|Seat Height||770 mm|
TVS Wego Two Wheeler Insurance
Similar to bikes, individuals are required to have two wheeler insurance for their scooters in India. It is better to get a TVS Wego insurance right at the time of purchasing this scooter. This is necessary in order to get coverage for damages and legal liabilities during any type of accidental altercation on the road. In India, it is very easy to buy a brand new TVS Wego two wheeler insurance, irrespective of the location. Individuals can look for coverage policies that are offered by the local insurance provider, or get them from the internet. Also, the existing owners of this policy can get their expired TVS Wego two wheeler insurance renewal settled through any of these two methods. Check the following points to get a clear idea of things to take note of during purchasing a TVS bike insurance of Wego model in India.
Types of TVS Wego Two Wheeler Insurance
These are the two available options offered at the time of a new TVS Wego two wheeler insurance purchase;
- Third-party Motor Insurance- In terms of legal liability of the third party, this policy type will provide coverage with that.
- Comprehensive Type Motor Insurance- This type of policy will take care of the own damage coverage of the insured party and provide the mandatory third-party legal liability coverage.
The third-party type policy comes cheap in terms of overall TVS Wego two wheeler insurance cost. But due to its lack of own damage coverage, it is not recommended over the comprehensive bike insurance policy that covers both coverages i.e. own as well as third-party bike insurance. Thus the TVS Wego insurance price for the comprehensive type cover is thus more, but it is really a bang for your buck.
What is Covered Under TVS Wego Insurance Policy?
The TVS Wego two wheeler insurance policy will provide damage coverage for things like;
- Scooter theft or total loss
- Cover for loss of life, property damage and bodily injuries that are inflicted upon the third party
- Damages generated due to man-made disasters
- Damages induced due to natural calamities
- Damage cover for the insured
Own coverage for damages is only offered with the comprehensive type of policy. If you are an existing owner, you can switch your current policy type at the time of TVS Wego two wheeler insurance renewal. Another thing to note is the overall TVS Wego insurance price for the comprehensive type cover, which is higher than the third-party-only policy.
What is not Covered Under TVS Wego Insurance Policy?
The coverage for damages that your TVS Wego two wheeler insurance will not provide compensation for is;
- Damages which are based on general wear and tear of the vehicle
- Damages that are caused at the time of riding the scooter without valid driving licence
- Damages caused to the scooter due to its unsuitable usage
- Any deliberately caused damages
- Damages caused when riding the scooter under the effect of alcohol or drugs
- Mechanical breakdown
- Damages involving electrical unit failure of the vehicle
How to Renew/Buy Your TVS Wego Two Wheeler Insurance Policy?
Here’s how you can get your TVS Wego two wheeler insurance online within a few straightforward steps. Also, the procedure involving the TVS Wego two wheeler insurance renewal over the internet follows the same process.
Guide to getting a TVS Wego two wheeler insurance online:
- Search for the scooter’s insurance online.
- Fill in the details section with information that is required.
- Make cover type selection for policy.
- Get the policy estimate.
- Verify the final policy terms and its overall TVS Wego two wheeler insurance cost.
- Pay the policy premium.
One of the many reasons behind going with the TVS Wego two wheeler insurance online purchase is its convenience. You can check all the offered policies while sitting at your home and their respective TVS Wego insurance price points, which makes your policy selection easier.
TVS Wego Review
The TVS Wego is a fantastic, performance-centric, local commuter two wheeler that is available in India. Apart from its versatility, simple yet bold design and smooth engine performance, the TVS Wego also serves the purpose of a comfortable daily rider. You can go for it at any time, just make sure to get it covered with a TVS Wego two wheeler insurance policy.
Add ons for your Two Wheeler Insurance
TVS Wego Bike Insurance FAQs
1. Is the third-party TVS Wego two wheeler insurance policy a better coverage?
No, out of the two offered choices, the comprehensive type TVS Wego two wheeler insurance policy is a better coverage option.
2. Is my location a deciding factor when calculating the premium for my TVS Wego two wheeler insurance policy?
Yes, location is one of the many deciding factors that come into play when calculating the premium of your TVS Wego two wheeler insurance.
3. Does a second-hand bought TVS Wego scooter need to have a two wheeler insurance policy?
Yes, a second-hand scooter will also need to have a valid TVS Wego two wheeler insurance policy in India.
4. Can I renew my TVS Wego two wheeler insurance policy after it expires?
Generally, the company offers a grace period of 90 days after the expiry date of the TVS Wego two wheeler insurance policy. Individuals can thus renew their TVS Wego two wheeler insurance policy within this time, to retain their continued benefits.
5. What does my vehicle’s IDV stand for with the TVS Wego two wheeler insurance policy?
Your vehicle’s IDV or its Insured Declared Value stands for its total sum insured. The insurance company decides on this value and your insurance claims are provided in proportion to this.
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
Select the appropriate no-claim bonus percentage while renewing your bike insurance policy and save significan...Read More
Renewing your two-wheeler insurance online is easier, faster, and simple and doesn't require paperwork. Follow...Read More
What are the different variants of bike insurance available at the moment? Read on to find out the various typ...Read More
Do you need to buy insurance from a bike dealer? Is it mandatory? The answer may surprise you. Read more to de...Read More
Acko bike insurance provides two bike insurance policies considering your requirements. They offer mainly thir...Read More