Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Edelweiss Zero Depreciation Car Insurance
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
Edelweiss zero depreciation car insurance offers full coverage without taking into account your car's depreciating value. If you file a claim and your car or any part of it is damaged in an unfortunate incident, you will end up receiving the total sum of the repaired parts and components. For zero depreciation benefits, Edelweiss will charge an extra premium. However, paying the same doesn’t hurt you. It’s an add-on one should buy given how quickly the value of cars depreciates.
How does Edelweiss Zero Depreciation Car Insurance work?
Your car, like any other financial asset, will deteriorate over time. It is the decrease in a car's value caused by age and normal wear and tear. Depreciation diminishes the real economic value of the car and thus determines the rate you receive when trying to settle your claim. Assume that a policyholder does not have Edelweiss zero depreciation coverage in addition to the comprehensive plan. In that case, the insurer is not required to cover the depreciation cost of the insured car's replaced parts. As an outcome, during claim settlement, the insured person receives a fairly low claim amount.
Edelweiss zero depreciation add-on cover means that the insurance company will compensate or reimburses the depreciation charges on your car and its parts. This add-on coverage also allows policyholders to make bigger claims without any fear of depreciation. Edelweiss zero depreciation car insurance premiums are combined with that of the base plan. The consolidated sum is what you need to pay on the due date.
Benefits of Edelweiss Zero Depreciation Add-on Cover
Owning the Edelweiss zero depreciation add-on cover in addition to the existing comprehensive car insurance policy enables policyholders to make bigger claims. The coverage transfers the insured's liability for depreciation costs to the insurer, implying that Edelweiss will cover the costs of depreciation.
• During the policy period, a policyholder can use the Edelweiss zero depreciation coverage for roughly two claims.
• The claim is immediately addressed.
• 20 years of insurance expertise (offering reliability).
• Customer service operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
• Cashless claim settlement services available at its network garages
• Special consideration is given to policyholders at certain garages.
• Different policy alternatives catering to different customers are available.
Depreciation Rate Applicable to Cars with or without Zero Depreciation Cover
The rate of depreciation based on its age is mentioned below.
|Age of car||Rate of Depreciation with Zero Depreciation Cover||Rate of Depreciation without Zero Depreciation Cover|
6 months to 1 year
Rate of Depreciation on Cars with and without Zero Depreciation Cover
|Car Parts||Rate of Depreciation with Zero Depreciation Cover||Rate of Depreciation without Zero Depreciation Cover|
Paintwork/nylon/rubber/plastic parts, tubes and tires, batteries and airbags parts
What is Included Under an Edelweiss Insurance Policy with Zero Depreciation Cover?
- Edelweiss zero depreciation car insurance is readily accessible for cars that are less than five years old.
- The claim amount on a regular car insurance policy reduces post the deduction due to the depreciated value of your car. On the other hand, you get a full amount as claimed with Edelweiss zero depreciation car insurance.
- Zero depreciation cover of Edelweiss car insurance works well for new and luxury four-wheelers with pricey spare components and high repair or replacement fees.
What is not Included Under an Edelweiss Insurance Policy with Zero Depreciation Cover?
- If you do not have a valid driver's license, you will be unable to make any claims.
- A zero depreciation car insurance cover from Edelweiss is effective only for vehicles that are less than five years old.
- You would be unable to file a claim while drunk driving or just about any intoxicant.
- Clutch oil, engine oil, coolant, and consumables are not included in the Edelweiss zero depreciation car insurance policy.
- The zero depreciation policy does not cover any mandatory deductibles in your plan, and your claim would be denied if your car was damaged while being used for illegal or malicious purposes.
Factors Affecting Edelweiss Zero Depreciation Car Cover
- The policy covers the first two claims made during the policy term.
- It does not cover theft, CTL, or TL of the insured vehicle.
- The damaged vehicle must be repaired at the company's officially approved workshop.
- If repairs are performed in an unlicensed workshop, the first 10% of the entitled claim amount will be deducted. This deductible, however, may be waived at the company's discretion.
- It only applies to vehicles less than seven years old.
- The company is not obligated to compensate for any loss or damage to the battery or wheels of the insured vehicle.
How to Buy Edelweiss Zero Depreciation Car Insurance Cover?
Edelweiss Zero Depreciation can be added to your comprehensive/own damage standalone car insurance policy.
When purchasing the policy online, you have two alternatives: go to the official website of Edelweiss or a trusted brand like paytm. Once there, follow the steps below:
- First, enter the license plate number of your vehicle.
- Next, enter your contact information such as your name, phone number and email address.
- Provide vehicle information such as the make, model, variant, registration year, and so on.
- If you are changing jobs, provide the previous company's policy details.
- Select comprehensive/personal damage along with the optional Edelweiss zero depreciation car insurance.
- You may select additional add-on covers if necessary.
- Review the premium and pay online.
Edelweiss Zero Depreciation Cover Review
Edelweiss car insurance policy offers impressive zero depreciation coverage to your existing policy. The popularity of this plan stems from its simple claim settlement procedure.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
Edelweiss Zero Depreciation Car Insurance FAQs
1. What are the claim settlement options available on Edelweiss zero depreciation car insurance?
Policyholders can use any of the cashless or reimbursement claim settlement options for Edelweiss zero depreciation car insurance. Cashless claim settlement, which means no upfront payment for the policyholders to make, is available at the network garages of Edelweiss car insurance. Whereas reimbursement claims mean the payment for repairs needs to be done before Edelweiss settles the amount to the policyholder. You can get this service at any of the car garages. Ensure to intimate Edelweiss as soon as your car meets with an accident.
2. How much does the Edelweiss zero depreciation add-on cover cost?
The Edelweiss zero depreciation add-on cover does not have a fixed premium; it is purchased as an additional premium in conjunction with a comprehensive policy. The premium amount for comprehensive policies is determined by factors such as the insured declared value (IDV) of your vehicle, age, MMV, cubic capacity, and so on.
3. What factors should be taken into account before purchasing an Edelweiss zero depreciation add-on policy?
Factors such as the car’s age, its MMV (make, model, and variant), the frequency at which a new vehicle is sold or purchased, and the worth of your car’s parts and components.
4. Will I have to pay the premium of Edelweiss zero depreciation car insurance along with my existing policy or separately?
The premium of the existing Edelweiss car insurance policy will be paid along with the one applicable in case of zero depreciation cover.
5. Can I pay Edelweiss zero depreciation car insurance premiums online?
Yes, you can. There are multiple payment options available, such as net banking, UPI, wallet, debit card, credit card, etc. You can use any of them.
Recent ArticlesView All
Read this article to learn the most common reasons why car insurance claims are denied and the factors you sho...Read More
It's easy to get Future Generali Car Insurance, which may help you in case of an accident. Read this to know a...Read More
ICICI Lombard comprehensive car insurance policy is a feature-rich policy offering many benefits like 50% NCB,...Read More
This comparison article covers all the essential factors to consider when deciding to stay with or leave your...Read More
Confused about what to choose from the available car insurance options? Check this comprehensive guide to know...Read More
Many commit errors when filing a car insurance claim and receive painful claim application rejections. So, lea...Read More