Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Edelweiss Comprehensive Car Insurance
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
Proceed without car number
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
A comprehensive car insurance policy protects both parties' damages and losses in the event of an accident. It extends full insurance coverage for the insured cars as well as third-party liability.
Various add-on covers, such as NCB cover, zero depreciation cover, etc., are available to enhance the coverage of comprehensive insurance. This type of car insurance, unlike a third-party-only policy, is not mandates by law, although it is strongly recommended.
How does Edelweiss Comprehensive Car Insurance Work?
Edelweiss comprehensive car insurance coverage is a car insurance policy that covers the vehicle owner completely.
- Edelweiss comprehensive four-wheeler insurance provides compensation for third-party obligations originating from an accident caused by the covered car's policyholder/driver.
- If the vehicle is insured, then the Edelweiss comprehensive car insurance coverage compensates the insured vehicle for the damages it has incurred.
- Comprehensive policy of Edelweiss car insurance allows a variety of add-on coverages. Add-on coverage can be purchased as supplement the coverage provided by a comprehensive vehicle insurance policy.
Comprehensive Car Insurance vs Third Party Car Insurance
|Feature||Comprehensive Car Insurance||Third Party Car Insurance|
|Coverage||Compensation for the damages to the insured cars as well as third-party liabilities such as physical injury or death and property damage to third parties.||It compensates the third party for bodily injury or death as well as third-party property damage.|
|Necessity||Optional to buy.||Mandatory to buy by law.|
|Add-on||It includes a variety of add-on coverages, such as zero depreciation, consumables coverage, and so on. You may select the add-on cover that best meets your needs.||Here, such add-on coverage is not accessible.|
|Cost||Because of the wide coverage, comprehensive policy is more expensive.||Because of their limited coverage, third-party policy is less expensive than complete policies.|
|Premium||The premium is determined by the city you drive in, the brand and model of your vehicle, and the optional features (if any).||The premium amount here is fixed by the IRDAI depending on your car cc.|
How to Buy Edelweiss Comprehensive Car Insurance?
You may apply for Edelweiss comprehensive car insurance by following the steps below:
Step 1: Go to the Edelweiss website and choose a four-wheeler choice.
Step 2: Type your car's licence plate number into the 'switch to us' box. You'll also need to input information about your automobile.
Step 3: From the various alternatives available, compare and select the sort of policy you want.
Step 4: Complete the payment procedure for the chosen vehicle insurance policy.
What is Covered Under Edelweiss Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy?
The following are some of the items that are covered by an Edelweiss comprehensive car insurance policy:
- Theft of a car that is insured
- Damages to the insured vehicle caused by a road accident, natural or man-made disaster, theft, fire, or any other misfortune.
- Third-party liabilities include bodily injury, third-party death, and third-party property damage.
What is not Covered Under Edelweiss Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy?
If you have comprehensive car insurance, still there are several things that aren't covered by the policy:
- Damages to the insured vehicle as a result of driving without a valid driver's licence.
- Outside of the geographical region, damages to the insured vehicle.
- The vehicle's depreciation and normal wear and tear.
- The insured vehicle's mechanical or electrical failure.
- The accident happened when the motorist was under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Any loss or destruction caused by rebellion, war, nuclear assaults, or other unforeseeable catastrophes.
What are the Advantages of Buying Edelweiss Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy?
- Maximum Safety: Car insurance provides an extra layer of protection for both the insured and his or her car. This is fulfilled by covering for any damages incurred because due to an accident, providing peace of mind and financial stability in difficult times.
- Covers Liabilities: In the event of a disaster in which the insurance-holder is at fault, third-party policy will be required to reimburse the costs.
- Own-damage: In case of an accident, the policy will also pay for the damage to the vehicle. This covers damage from man-made and natural disasters, vandalism, accidents, and theft.
- Single-premium: A comprehensive policy’s largest benefit is that it covers both third-party liabilities and own-damage under a single premium, making it the most convenient method to stay covered.
- Add-ons and NCB: You may purchase add-on covers to make the comprehensive policy even more comprehensive. In addition, for claim-free years on the policy’s own-damage coverage, you can get an NCB.
Edelweiss Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy Review
Every policy offered by Edelweiss is described in full on the company's website. Purchasing a policy from the Edelweiss website is simple; all we must do is follow a few steps and we're done! The comprehensive policy includes all the features and perks that you are looking for your favourite vehicle.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
Edelweiss Comprehensive Car Insurance FAQs
1. Is it necessary to purchase Edelweiss comprehensive car insurance?
No, it is not a necessary thing by Indian motor legislation. However, it is strongly encouraged to have one.
2. What is the duration of Edelweiss comprehensive car insurance?
Comprehensive four-wheeler insurance is a policy that has a duration of one year from the date of purchase of the policy.
3. What is the maximum NCB that can be availed in Edelweiss car insurance?
The maximum NCB available would be 50% of the own damage premium.
4. What add-ons will I get with Edelweiss four-wheeler insurance?
The add-on options available are zero depreciation, NCB, return to invoice, roadside assistance, etc.
5. How can I renew my Edelweiss comprehensive car insurance?
You can easily renew your policy by paying for the same at the official website before expiration.
You May Also Like
Buy Insurance Plans
Recent ArticlesView All
How to Check SBI General Insurance Claim Status?
Have you recently claimed your SBI car insurance policy? If so, you may be wondering how to check the status o...Read More
A Guide to Checking HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Claim Status
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers various ways to check comprehensive, third-party, or own-damage car...Read More
Convert Your Third Party Car Insurance to Comprehensive Car ...
The comprehensive car insurance policy offers better risk coverage on the road than third-party car insurance....Read More
Permissible Car Insurance Claims in a Year
In India, having a valid car insurance coverage is obligatory by law. This implies that anybody who owns an au...Read More
Top 10 Small Cars in India – Price, Mileage, Specifications
Check out this list of the best ten smallest cars in India, ranked by features including price, gas economy, a...Read More
Top 10 Most Expensive Cars in India - Prices, Mileage, Specs...
In a way, the most expensive cars are more than just cars; they are a statement of excellence in all aspects. ...Read More
A Guide to Buy the Best CSD Car In 2022
If you have been planning to buy a CSD car in India, read on to know the prices of all the models in the categ...Read More
A Complete Guide to Different Bharti AXA Car Insurance Plans
One of the leading players in the Indian insurance marketplace, Bharti AXA has a lot to offer when it comes to...Read More
Mistakes to Avoid While Renewing Shriram Car Insurance Polic...
Shriram General Insurance, undoubtedly, offers best car insurance policies with attractive renewal features. B...Read More