Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Oriental Standalone Own Damage Car Insurance
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
Oriental standalone car insurance policy protects policyholders against vehicle loss or damage caused by events such as fire, explosion, flood, thunderstorm, vandalism, theft, earthquake etc. Customers who already have third-party insurance or want to use both simultaneously will be eligible for standalone own-damage annual coverage. Unlike third-party insurance, own damage insurance is optional coverage. IRDAI or the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India recently allowed insurance providers, such as Oriental Insurance, to issue annual standalone own-damage plans for old and new cars.
How does Oriental Standalone Car Insurance Work?
An Oriental standalone car insurance policy compensates car owners for the loss or damage to their insured vehicles. The cost of repairing or replacing the policyholder's car due to theft or natural or man-made calamities will be covered under the Oriental car insurance policy. Oriental standalone car insurance is an excellent choice to provide protection for your four-wheeler against an accident and other mishaps. The insurance policy can be purchased through the Oriental’s online portal. You can also obtain standalone Oriental car insurance coverage by visiting the company’s office.
Oriental Standalone Car Insurance vs Third-Party Car Insurance vs Comprehensive Car Insurance
|Third Party Insurance
|Own-damage expenses such as car accidents, damages due to natural and man-made calamities, theft, etc, come under Oriental standalone car insurance policy coverage.
|The Oriental comprehensive car insurance policy covers both own-damage costs and third-party liabilities for a single premium amount.
|Third-party property damage, bodily injuries, permanent disability and death are compensated under this policy.
|The premium of this policy is costlier than third-party insurance because it covers the insured vehicle's own damage as well as the policyholder’s injuries and death.
|As it provides both third-party and own-damage coverage, this policy is a bit more pricey than a solo own-damage or third-party policy.
|Because it only provides basic coverage, this policy is relatively affordable.
|A variety of add-on coverages is available under this policy
|The comprehensive policy has various add-ons available with it.
|No add-on coverage is available with this one.
What All is Covered Under Oriental Standalone Car Insurance?
The following are covered under the Oriental standalone car insurance policy:
- Vehicle damage caused by fire or explosion.
- Damages incurred as a result of an accident.
- When the insured car gets damaged in natural or man-made disasters.
- Protection against vandalism and theft.
What All is not Covered Under Oriental Standalone Car Insurance?
An Oriental standalone car insurance policy does not cover the following aspects:
- Damages to third parties.
- Damages incurred when the driver was intoxicated.
- Damages caused because of a driver with no authentic licence.
- Damages incurred while driving with an expired car insurance policy.
- In case of mechanical or electrical breakdowns.
- Damages incurred while using the vehicle for illegal activities.
- Damages incurred while using a private vehicle for commercial purposes.
Oriental Standalone Car Insurance Benefits
Some of the benefits of purchasing Oriental standalone car insurance:
- This policy provides protection against own-damage expenses in a variety of situations, including automobile vandalism, theft, damage due to cyclone/earthquake, fire/explosion, typhoon/hailstorm, besides an accident..
- For each year without a claim, the policyholder gets a no claim bonus. The incentive can increase up to even 50%, with the fifth consecutive claim-free year.
- Via the selection of a suitable add-on, this policy lets you expand its coverage.
Oriental Standalone Car Insurance Review
The Oriental standalone car insurance coverage may be appropriate if you are seeking a policy for your four-wheeler. This policy covers your car after getting damaged in a disaster. The company has made the renewal procedure more accessible by allowing you to do it online. You can also register an accidental claim online on the company's official website. Oriental's customer service looks to resolve all your concerns.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
Oriental Standalone Car Insurance FAQs
1. Do I have to get a standalone car insurance and third-party insurance from Oriental only?
No, you can get a standalone car Insurance plan from any of the insurers that offer it. You should carefully evaluate and compare the available plans before making your decision.
2. Do you need a separate Oriental standalone car insurance policy for your vehicle?
As per the laws, you are obligated to have a third-party car insurance policy. You can buy a standalone Oriental car insurance policy for coverage against your own damages. Or you can buy a comprehensive insurance plan covering both third-party claims as well as your own damages.
3. What is the duration of an Oriental standalone car insurance policy?
The IRDAI (Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India) has approved the annual issuing of standalone car insurance policies for both old and new cars, according to a recent notification.
4. Are there any add-ons available on an Oriental standalone car insurance policy?
Yes, several rider options for a standalone damage Oriental car insurance plan are available.
5. Is a standalone Oriental car insurance policy preferable to a comprehensive policy?
A standalone policy would cover nothing more than the own damages of the protected car; comprehensive insurance, on the other hand, would cover third-party liabilities as well as own-damage expenses. This is why a comprehensive policy is better in terms of protection.
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers various ways to check comprehensive, third-party, or own-damage car...Read More
The comprehensive car insurance policy offers better risk coverage on the road than third-party car insurance....Read More
In a way, the most expensive cars are more than just cars; they are a statement of excellence in all aspects. ...Read More
One of the leading players in the Indian insurance marketplace, Bharti AXA has a lot to offer when it comes to...Read More
Shriram General Insurance, undoubtedly, offers best car insurance policies with attractive renewal features. B...Read More