Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Oriental Comprehensive Car Insurance
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
The Motor Vehicles Act of 1988 dictates that every car owner should mandatorily have car insurance. Car insurance majorly consists of third-party car insurance and comprehensive car insurance. Often being a hard-earned status symbol for the middle-class families in India, accidents that damage the car pose a financial threat to the car owner. Hence, comprehensive car insurance is a better option as it provides extensive coverage of risks associated with owning and driving a car.
Oriental comprehensive car insurance insures against third-party liabilities involving the car while also covering the car's heavy repair and replacement expenses. With their prominent presence with more than 1800 operating offices in India, Oriental car insurance company provides additional benefits to their clientele and policy benefits. Oriental comprehensive four-wheeler insurance protects the insurance holder against financial losses incurred in road accidents, natural disasters, fires, and thefts. Also, it provides additional services like nil depreciation cover, roadside assistance, engine protection, etc.
How does Oriental Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy Work?
The vehicle's insurance amount is determined by the Insured Declared Value of the Vehicle (IDV). Five years after the purchase of the car, the amount remains the manufacturer's selling price of the vehicle; however, post that period, the insured amount is mutually agreed upon. The premium is calculated according to IDV, cubic capacity, zone of registration, and vehicle age. Additional premiums are charged on add-on covers.
The coverage of Oriental comprehensive car insurance policy is within a year. However, shorter or longer insurance terms are also available. After loss or damage to the vehicle, the company must be promptly informed. The repair, reinstatement, and replacement of the car are done according to the company's discretion.
Oriental Comprehensive Car Insurance vs. Third Party Car Insurance
|Basis||Comprehensive Car Insurance||Third Party Car Insurance|
|Legal requirement||The Indian government dictates car owners have car insurance. They don't need to take comprehensive insurance as it is not mandatory, but it is advisable for maximum coverage.||As per the Indian Motor Tariff, this type of insurance is to be compulsorily held by car owners.|
|Coverage||Oriental four-wheeler comprehensive insurance policy covers third-party liabilities and damage suffered by the insured car due to a road accident, natural disaster, fire, or theft.||This insurance only covers third-party liabilities like bodily injury, death, permanent or temporary disability, and even property damage up to INR 7.5 lakh.|
|Add-ons||You can further enhance the coverage of the policy by including multiple add-ons.||This policy doesn’t allow to include add-ons.|
|Cost||The enhanced coverage in comprehensive car insurance relatively increases the cost.||Third-party liability car insurance premium is relatively lower as it has limited coverage.|
What All is Covered Under Oriental Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy?
- Loss of or damage to the car that occurs by accident caused explicitly by:
- Theft, burglary, or home invasions
- Fire or explosion caused by lightning or otherwise
- Natural disasters like earthquakes, cyclone, tsunami, etc.
- Man-made disasters like riots, malicious vandalism, terrorism, strikes, etc.
- Damage caused during travel by road, air, water, or lift
- Third-person liability
- Owm damages/ injuries sustained by the car owner/driver
- Add-on covers which cost an extra premium
What All is not Included Under Oriental Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy?
- Damage by a person driving without a valid licence
- Mechanical breakdowns
- Damage by a person driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- General depreciation
- War, mutiny, and nuclear risks
- Damage to tyres
- Damage sustained outside India
- Vehicle used for any purpose in lieu with Motor Trade
Oriental Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy Benefits
- Instant claim settlement process without inconvenient paperwork
- Active consumer support
- Availability of a variety of add-on covers for better coverage
- Peace of mind
- Keeps you protected against legal liabilities and complications
- Saves you from paying hefty fines
Oriental Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy Review
Oriental comprehensive car insurance online can be bought quickly and without any hassles. The transaction is done transparently, and the premium calculated is affordable for the users. The consumer service is responsive and assists at every step of the way. Multi-year policies and ease of claim settlement make the policy beneficial for the Oriental car insurance holder. The extra benefits and easy selection of insurance quotes make the Oriental comprehensive insurance policy a viable option while buying insurance for your car.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
Oriental Comprehensive Car Insurance FAQs
1. If the insured car meets with an accident outside the city in which it was registered, can Oriental comprehensive car insurance still be claimed?
Yes, but the insurance company needs to be contacted so that a surveyor can access and examine the damage to calculate reimbursement.
2. Is it mandatory to have Oriental comprehensive insurance cover for your car?
No, motor rules deem every car owner to own a third-party liability car insurance. But it is advisable to pick comprehensive insurance cover for enhanced coverage of the insured car.
3. Would it be possible to transfer the Oriental comprehensive car insurance policy from one car to another?
No, one insurance policy is only applicable to one specific vehicle at a time.
4. Which add-on covers can enhance Oriental four-wheeler comprehensive insurance policy cover?
A few common add-on covers are roadside assistance cover, zero depreciation cover, engine protection cover, NCB protection cover, lock & key replacement cover, etc.
5. How can the Oriental comprehensive car insurance policy premium be paid online?
After registering as a new client on the company's official website, the customer will be provided with all the features of online payments and renewals.
Recent ArticlesView All
Read this article to learn the most common reasons why car insurance claims are denied and the factors you sho...Read More
It's easy to get Future Generali Car Insurance, which may help you in case of an accident. Read this to know a...Read More
ICICI Lombard comprehensive car insurance policy is a feature-rich policy offering many benefits like 50% NCB,...Read More
This comparison article covers all the essential factors to consider when deciding to stay with or leave your...Read More
Confused about what to choose from the available car insurance options? Check this comprehensive guide to know...Read More
Many commit errors when filing a car insurance claim and receive painful claim application rejections. So, lea...Read More