Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Oriental Car Insurance FAQs
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
1. How many add-on covers does the Oriental Insurance Car Insurance Company offer?
Add-on cover is an affordable way to increase car insurance coverage. The Oriental Insurance Companies offer the following add-on covers:
- Nil Depreciation Cover:
With this cover, no depreciation will be deducted in event of a claim of partial damages to the vehicle
- Loss of Personal effects:
An additional premium is to be paid to cover against the loss of personal items in event of damage or mishap. Loss up to maximum INR 5000 or INR 10000 may be chosen.
- Alternative Car Benefit:
In the event of damage when the car is out for repair the insurance company provides for the expenses incurred for using alternate car up to max 5 or 10 or 15 days
- Free Emergency Service:
This free service is allowed in case of an insured car breakdown in the state of Delhi, NCR, Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Rajasthan, Southern States, Mumbai and Kolkata. The service is free of charge provided the vehicle is insured through Oriental Insurance office.
- Nil Depreciation Cover:
2. What is the incurred claim ratio of the Oriental Insurance Car Insurance Company?
The incurred claim ratio is 112.62% for motor insurance for United India Insurance Company for 2018-19.
3. How can I check my Oriental Insurance Car Claim status online?
You can contact the customer service department or visit the website to check the status of your oriental insurance car claim status online https://orientalinsurance.org.in/web/guest/sign-in?userTypeId=005
4. How can I download my Oriental Insurance Car Policy Document Online?
You can request the customer service department to avail the copy of your oriental car insurance policy.
5. How long does the Oriental Insurance Company Limited take to process and settle car insurance claims?
The claim settlement procedure is very smooth, quick and hassle-free. Upon submitting all the relevant documents the company settles the claim within 7 days
6. Does the Oriental Insurance Company offer pay-as-you-drive car insurance?
No, the company does not offer pay-as-you-drive car insurance.
1. How long does it take to renew an Oriental car insurance policy after premium payment?
Oriental car insurance policy is automatically renewed after you pay the renewal amount. You'll receive a confirmation by email and SMS and a digitally signed renewal document.
2. Can I buy add-ons to my Oriental vehicle insurance policy when I renew it?
Yes, you can buy add-ons when you renew your auto insurance policy.
3. After the initial renewal, I was meant to earn an NCB discount on My Oriental car insurance policy. So what am I missing here?
If you didn’t claim in the past year, you’re eligible for NCB discounts. If Oriental Insurance has not credited the same despite this, you can ask it to consider the same. The insurance company will re-check the claim history and credit NCB if it’s found that you didn’t claim previously.
4. What are the various types of auto insurance coverage offered by Oriental Insurance?
There are two kinds of insurance policies to choose from.
- Liability-Only Policy - Covers only damage or loss to third-party property or persons.
- Package Policy - Covers third-party liabilities as well as the insured vehicle and its occupants.
5. What happens if I don't renew the policy before the end of the Oriental car insurance policy term? What are my alternatives?
For expired policies, a new policy can be obtained. However, Oriental officials will inspect the vehicle before granting the coverage, incurring additional costs and time. Therefore, it is highly recommended th
1. Might I record an Oriental car insurance claim document on my cell phone or gadget at any point?
Indeed, you can record the same on your cell phone or gadget. The same can be used for future reference.
2. What is the rescue worth of a vehicle in an Oriental car insurance policy?
The rescue worth of a car is the assessment of a vehicle that has met with a mishap and has been harmed. It is otherwise called a complete misfortune.
3. Is it obligatory to make an Oriental car insurance claim assuming my vehicle has minor damage in a mishap?
Saving your cases for critical damages is fitting. This would assist you with getting the NCB and diminish your devaluation costs.
4. How to check the maintenance carports enrolled under Oriental insurance policy?
You can visit the organization's authentic site to get the rundown of fixed garages registered for an Oriental car insurance claim.
5. What does an assessor of Oriental car insurance do?
An assessor is an individual who examines the harmed vehicle and affirms the believability of the case recorded by the policyholder.
1. When is it necessary to have an Oriental car insurance policy document?
An Oriental car insurance policy document is required when filing a claim, transferring a policy from another provider, or renewing coverage.
2. What is the procedure for renewing an Oriental Insurance policy?
- Select the 'renew' option on Oriental Insurance's official website
- You will be then taken to a page where you must enter the policy number to pay the renewal premium.
- You will receive a digitally signed payment receipt after a successful premium payment.
3. If the original Oriental car insurance policy document is lost, may I get a duplicate?
Yes. If the original policy paper is missing, you can lodge a request to Oriental either over the phone or in writing. The insurer will conduct thorough verification, following which it can issue you a duplicate.
4. Can I check the Oriental's claim settlement ratio on its website?
Yes, you can access the claim settlement ratio of Oriental car insurance for different years. In case you can’t find the data there, you can even visit the IRDAI’s official website to access the claim settlement ratio of different car insurance companies, including Oriental.
5. How many Oriental Insurance Company network garages are there in the country?
Oriental Insurance Company has 6,000+ network garages around the country.ribed above.
6. How can I know the name and location of Oriental’s network garage?
You can go to the official website of Oriental Insurance and search for the network garage based on the model of your car. An excel file will drop before you, wherein you can see the list of network garages of Oriental Insurance.
Add On Covers
1. Do Oriental car insurance add-on covers come with terms and conditions?
Yes, these add-on covers of Oriental car insurance can come with certain terms and conditions. For example, a zero depreciation add-on does not cover engine damage due to water ingress or oil leakage.
2. Will I need to pay the extra premium for adding Oriental car insurance add-on covers?
Yes, you will need to pay the extra premium for adding the add-on covers to the Oriental base car insurance policy.
3. How is the premium of Oriental car insurance add-on covers decided?
The premium is based on the add-on cover you opt for, the risks attached to the covers, your car’s age, etc.
4. When can I buy Oriental car insurance add-on covers?
You can buy Oriental car insurance add-on covers when buying or renewing the policy. Just check your budget and needs before adding the add-ons.
5. Can I pay the premium of Oriental car insurance add-on covers online?
Yes, you can buy the add-on covers online using any of the net banking, debit card, credit card or UPI.
1. If the insured car meets with an accident outside the city in which it was registered, can Oriental comprehensive car insurance still be claimed?
Yes, but the insurance company needs to be contacted so that a surveyor can access and examine the damage to calculate reimbursement.
2. Is it mandatory to have Oriental comprehensive insurance cover for your car?
No, motor rules deem every car owner to own a third-party liability car insurance. But it is advisable to pick comprehensive insurance cover for enhanced coverage of the insured car.
3. Would it be possible to transfer the Oriental comprehensive car insurance policy from one car to another?
No, one insurance policy is only applicable to one specific vehicle at a time.
4. Which add-on covers can enhance Oriental four-wheeler comprehensive insurance policy cover?
A few common add-on covers are roadside assistance cover, zero depreciation cover, engine protection cover, NCB protection cover, lock & key replacement cover, etc.
5. How can the Oriental comprehensive car insurance policy premium be paid online?
After registering as a new client on the company's official website, the customer will be provided with all the features of online payments and renewals.
1. Is Oriental third-party car insurance worth the money you pay for it?
Though third-party car insurance offers limited coverage, it could still be handy to have given the mental relief it offers in case of injuries and damages done to the third party by your insured vehicle.
2. How soon should I inform Oriental if I wish to claim my third-party car insurance?
It is advised that you inform Oriental at the earliest possible so that the claim process can be initiated and you get the required coverage as soon as you can.
3. What details will be required by Oriental to issue me the third-party car insurance policy?
You need to submit the insurance form along with documents like your ID proof, address proof, etc. You also need to submit details about your car's make, model, etc.
4. How expensive is Oriental third-party car insurance?
Since third-party insurance covers only the liabilities caused to the third party by your insured vehicle, the premiums associated with it are low.
5. How can I pay the premium of Oriental third-party car insurance?
You can do so using any of the accepted online or offline payment modes. Online premium payments can be done through - net banking, UPI, wallet, debit card or credit card. Offline payment modes are cash, cheque and demand draft. Some insurance companies may not allow cash payments. In that case, you will be left with the other two offline options.
1. What is excluded from Oriental zero depreciation coverage?
Damage caused by oil leakage or water entry is excluded from this policy add-on. It also excludes coverage for electrical and mechanical failure, and the use of consumables.
2. Is it true that only new cars with 0% depreciation are covered by Oriental Insurance?
Is it true that only new cars with 0% depreciation are covered by Oriental Insurance?
3. Who would benefit from Oriental zero depreciation car insurance?
A zero depreciation policy is especially recommended for people who drive in high-accident zones, those who have new & expensive cars, new chauffeurs, etc.
4. To which Oriental car insurance policy can I add zero depreciation cover?
You can do so with either a comprehensive or standalone car insurance policy of Oriental.
5. Is it worth adding zero depreciation cover to my Oriental car insurance policy?
Yes, you can consider purchasing a zero depreciation add-on cover to prevent yourself from paying something towards the parts to be repaired or replaced in case of a claim.
1. Do I have to get a standalone car insurance and third-party insurance from Oriental only?
No, you can get a standalone car Insurance plan from any of the insurers that offer it. You should carefully evaluate and compare the available plans before making your decision.
2. Do you need a separate Oriental standalone car insurance policy for your vehicle?
As per the laws, you are obligated to have a third-party car insurance policy. You can buy a standalone Oriental car insurance policy for coverage against your own damages. Or you can buy a comprehensive insurance plan covering both third-party claims as well as your own damages.
3. What is the duration of an Oriental standalone car insurance policy?
The IRDAI (Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India) has approved the annual issuing of standalone car insurance policies for both old and new cars, according to a recent notification.
4. Are there any add-ons available on an Oriental standalone car insurance policy?
Yes, several rider options for a standalone damage Oriental car insurance plan are available.
5. Is a standalone Oriental car insurance policy preferable to a comprehensive policy?
A standalone policy would cover nothing more than the own damages of the protected car; comprehensive insurance, on the other hand, would cover third-party liabilities as well as own-damage expenses. This is why a comprehensive policy is better in terms of protection.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers various ways to check comprehensive, third-party, or own-damage car...Read More
The comprehensive car insurance policy offers better risk coverage on the road than third-party car insurance....Read More
Check out this list of the best ten smallest cars in India, ranked by features including price, gas economy, a...Read More
In a way, the most expensive cars are more than just cars; they are a statement of excellence in all aspects. ...Read More
One of the leading players in the Indian insurance marketplace, Bharti AXA has a lot to offer when it comes to...Read More