TVS Jupiter Two-Wheeler Insurance
Started as a bus service in Madurai in 1911, TVS Motor Company Limited went on to make it real big, entering the two-wheeler segment. TVS has been a major name in the two wheeler market and has a lot of awards under its bag including the first company to launch a 2-seater moped, introducing the Anti-brake system in a motorcycle, India’s first digital ignition, and fully ingenuous motorcycle.
The variomatic scooter, TVS Jupiter was launched by the company in 2013. This launch was momentous as it marked the arrival of a vehicle that mainly targeted women. Since then it has launched many upgraded versions in the market with the latest launched in the year 2019. The TVS Jupiter has also won many awards including the “Scooter of the year”.
Key Specifications of TVS Jupiter
The all new TVS Jupiter features BS-VI compliant petrol engine comes with a fuel injection technology and a brilliant 109.7cc displacement. It is successful in generating a maximum power of 5.5 kW at 7000 RPM and maximum torque of 8.4 Nm at 5500 RPM. The 4-stroke single-cylinder creates a bore and stroke of 53.5 and 48.8 mm respectively. The scooter features both kick start as well as electric start. It has a CVT automatic transmission
This scooter is known for its best-in-class fuel-efficient technology that lets the rider adjust the Econometer (fuel injection technology) from economy to power mode and vice versa to save fuel. It is also equipped with an ECU controlled ignition.
Other key features of TVS Jupiter:
- Eco thrust Fuel injection (ET-Fi) technology
- CBS Tech/ Sync Braking System
- Front Telescopic Suspension
- Spacious under-seat storage
- Mobile Charger Provision
- 12V, 4Ah MF battery
- LED Taillamp and Headlight
What is Covered Under TVS Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
- Third-Party Losses: In the unfortunate event of third-party loss, your policy will take care of the legal and financial liabilities.
- Damages Due to Accidents: If your two-wheeler is damaged due to an accident, nothing to worry about as your two-wheeler insurance policy got you covered.
- Vehicle Thefts: In case your two-wheeler is stolen, your two-wheeler insurance policy will look after the same.
- Damages Caused in Fire: If your two-wheeler catches fire, your two-wheeler policy will pay for the damages.
- Damages Due to Natural/Man-made Disaster: When flood, hurricane, hail storm, tornado, riots, etc. attack your two-wheeler, your insurance policy comes in handy.
- Personal Accident: In case you meet with an accident that leads to injuries or unfortunately death, your policy will offer compensation of up to INR 15 lakh.
Note: You will have to buy PA Cover separately.
What is Not Covered Under TVS Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
- Drunken Driving: No insurance company will accept your claim if you were drunk or under an intoxicant when the accident happened.
- Unauthorised Driving: Your claim will be rejected if the rider is without a valid Driver’s License.
- Deliberate Accident: If the accident has been caused purposely, the claim will be rejected.
- Consequential Damages: Consequential damages that are caused after the accident are not covered under insurance.
- Negligence: An accident occurs because of your own negligence; you won’t be able to claim the damages.
- Depreciation: Damages that are caused because of normal wear and tear, mechanical or electric failure due to travelling.
- Expired policy: If the policy has lapsed, your damages will not be covered.
- Excluded Add-Ons: You will not be able to claim the benefits that you do not have in your plan
How to Renew Your TVS Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
You can renew your TVS two-wheeler insurance policy in 5 easy and quick steps.
Step 1 - Fill in your Name, Address, Mobile Number, Vehicle’s Make, Model, Variant, Registration Date & the city you ride in.
Step 2- Press ‘Get Quote’ and choose your choice of Plan (Third-party liability, comprehensive, standalone own damage) or add-ons
Step 3 - Enter details of your previous insurance policy- Date of expiry, Claim made in the last year, No Claim Bonus earned
Step 4 - You will get a quote for your premium
Step 5- Make the final payment to renew your policy
TVS Jupiter Review:
It’s refined and peppy engine gives an amazing boost to the everyday mundane ride. The spacious under-seat space and largest leg space coupled with comfortable seats ensures convenience at every turn. The company has taken special care in the safety department with a strong metal body, sharp LED headlamps, Parking brakes, Malfunction Indicator Lamps, and low-fuel alert.
The scooter is available in 14 impressive colours and 4 different variants- TVS Jupiter, TVS Jupiter Classic, TVS Jupiter ZX, and TVS Jupiter ZX Disc. It seems to pose a fierce competition to its rivals Honda Activa 6G and Hero Maestro.