Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Maruti Suzuki SX4 Car Insurance
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
The Maruti Suzuki SX4 was launched in 2007 as the natural successor to the classic and highly successful Maruti Suzuki Baleno sedan. The car was introduced with the tagline 'Men are back', and it justified the car due to its high ground clearance and intimidating presence on Indian roads. The Maruti Suzuki SX4 was one of the good looking Maruti cars aimed at providing a family sedan to a predominantly Indian customer base.
During its first years in the Indian market, the SX4 was a massive success. When diesel vehicles were all the rage in 2011, Maruti Suzuki even introduced a diesel version of the SX4. Power steering, central locking, front power windows, and other features were standard on the SX4.
Maruti Suzuki SX4 Features
The SX4 was one of the initial Maruti cars that were equipped with adjustable headlights and a power-adjustable rear view mirror. Rear fog lamps and a rear window defogger were standard across all variants. The SX4 was a reliable sedan with a comfortable riding experience. A total of seven trims were available across all engine options, with the option to fit a CNG kit into the vehicle. This reduced boot space but proved to be an efficient option. The SX4 was priced at INR 7.15–9.53 lakhs at the time of launch.
Fuel efficiency on the SX4 was also noteworthy. The car boasted an impressive 13 kmpl in city limits, while on highways, recorded fuel efficiency was close to 17 kmpl. True to the Maruti Suzuki brand name, the car was equal parts fuel-efficient and fun. The Maruti Suzuki SX4 was discontinued in 2013-2014 to make way for its natural successor, the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz.
Key Specifications of Maruti Suzuki SX4
|Turning Radius||5.3 m|
|Ground Clearance (mm)||170|
|Boot Capacity||503 L|
|Fuel tank capacity||50 L|
|Engine||1.3 L Fiat Multijet engine||1.6-litre VVT petrol engine|
|Max Power||88.73 bhp @ 4000 rpm||100 bhp @ 5600 rpm|
|Max Torque||200 Nm @ 1750 rpm||141 Nm @ 4100 rpm|
|Displacement||1248 cc||1586 cc|
|Transmission||5-Speed Manual & 4-Speed Automatic|
Maruti Suzuki SX4 Car Insurance
Even if the SX4 has since been discontinued, your Maruti Suzuki SX4 insurance is still necessary and mandatory if you are driving the vehicle on Indian roads. You can choose to visit the branch office of your preferred insurance company, or you can hop online and browse different car insurance policies.
Buying your car insurance online saves you the hassle of completing lengthy paperwork and checks and replaces it with a care-free insurance purchase within a matter of minutes. To buy your Maruti Suzuki car insurance, make sure you have all the necessary paperwork needed to renew or purchase an insurance policy.
Types of Car Insurance for Maruti Suzuki SX4
For all vehicles present on Indian roads, there are mainly two types of car insurance. All other car insurance policies will fall under these two categories. They are:
- Third-Party Insurance: Third-party insurance, as the name suggests, is a type of insurance that covers damage and liability for only the third-party person. It protects the insured person against any financial or legal liabilities that can arise during an altercation or accident. A statutory requirement under the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988, all cars and vehicles in India must have compulsory third-party car insurance.
- Comprehensive Car Insurance: Comprehensive car insurance covers extensive factors and damages for both parties involved in an unfortunate accident or mishap. It includes complete coverage for the insured vehicle and also covers damages incurred to any other third-party vehicle or person. It is the highest level of insurance coverage that you can purchase for your vehicle. Comprehensive insurance is a very popular choice for Maruti Suzuki SX4 car insurance.
What is Covered Under the Maruti Suzuki SX4 Insurance Policy?
A comprehensive Maruti Suzuki SX4 insurance policy will offer your vehicle a wide range of benefits and other aids. Numerous factors are covered under this type of motor insurance policy, such as:
- Damage to a third party or oneself.
- Damage caused by fire or other unforeseen circumstances.
- Damage caused by natural calamities or other disasters not under human control.
- A comprehensive Maruti Suzuki SX4 insurance also offers coverage in case of theft or vandalism of the insured car.
- Damage is caused in the event of civil disturbances like riots.
What is Not Covered Under the Maruti Suzuki SX4 Insurance Policy?
Even if comprehensive insurance policies offer the highest form of coverage, some factors are still not covered under comprehensive or third-party insurance. The excluded factors are:
- Insurance against the depreciating price of the vehicle.
- Your Maruti Suzuki SX4 car insurance policy will not cover damage caused due to normal wear and tear of the vehicle.
- If the driver is driving without a valid licence, the insurance claim will be rejected.
- If a driver is found to be driving under the influence of intoxicating substances such as alcohol and drugs, your insurance company will deem your claim void.
- Damages are incurred in the event of war-like situations or nuclear risks.
How to Buy/Renew Your Maruti Suzuki SX4 Car Insurance policy?
To buy or renew a Maruti Suzuki SX4 car insurance policy, owners can purchase the insurance policy online or offline. For offline purchases, simply visit the branch office of your preferred insurance company and fill in the necessary paperwork. Vehicle owners can also easily buy their preferred car insurance online with minimal paperwork at a faster process. Buying car insurance online is also proven to be more economical and time-saving as compared to offline insurance.
To buy your Maruti Suzuki SX4 car insurance online, you can follow the steps below:
- First, visit the website of an online car insurance broker.
- Fill in details about your vehicle's manufacturer, make, model, and variant.
- Browse the displayed policies.
- Choose your preferred policy.
- Fill in personal details such as name, residential address, phone number, and proceed to pay the premium.
Maruti Suzuki SX4 Review
During its successful run over the years, the SX4 reached the nooks and corners of the Indian market. The Maruti Suzuki brand has an established history of reliability and economic affordability in our country. The SX4 was no different. With a 170 mm ground clearance, unheard of in city cars and sedans, Maruti Suzuki wanted the car to be accessible on even the hardest-to-reach and most difficult roads. Sure, the SX4 could have done better in terms of build quality. The car is a beast inside a cage, and we say that as a compliment. But tuning this wild beast to provide sheer driving comfort is where Maruti Suzuki lacked.
Overall, the car is good for a city car. If you are on the lookout for an affordable and hassle-free long-distance commuter, the Maruti Suzuki SX4 ticks all your boxes.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
FAQs Maruti Suzuki SX4 Car Insurance
1. Is it compulsory to buy Maruti Suzuki SX4 car insurance in India?
Yes, car insurance is necessary while driving on Indian roads. Under the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988, all vehicles, private or commercial, must be insured. A third-party car insurance policy is mandatory and required by law.
2. What are the add-ons I can choose while buying comprehensive Maruti Suzuki car insurance?
Owners get the option to choose from several add-ons when buying a comprehensive car insurance policy. They are as follows:
- Roadside Assistance is available 24/7
- Depreciation Coverage
- No Claim Bonus coverage
- Replacement key for the insured vehicle
- Protection against engine and gearbox damage, and more
3. Is it possible that I can raise a claim for my Maruti Suzuki SX4 insurance online?
Yes. When buying an insurance policy, owners also have the option of raising online claims for their damaged vehicle. The process is easy and hassle-free when compared to offline insurance claims. Simply visit your insurance company's website. Select ‘Raise a Claim’ and follow the steps mentioned in the process. Your vehicle will be inspected, and the process will be completed much faster.
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers various ways to check comprehensive, third-party, or own-damage car...Read More
The comprehensive car insurance policy offers better risk coverage on the road than third-party car insurance....Read More
In a way, the most expensive cars are more than just cars; they are a statement of excellence in all aspects. ...Read More
One of the leading players in the Indian insurance marketplace, Bharti AXA has a lot to offer when it comes to...Read More
Shriram General Insurance, undoubtedly, offers best car insurance policies with attractive renewal features. B...Read More