Bajaj Platina Two Wheeler Insurance
The Bajaj Platina is a bike that has been one of the most splendid performers in the country. Mostly used in the less-developed areas of India, the Platina has earned its name for being one of the most fuel-efficient motorbikes in its segment. Developed by Bajaj, this sleek looking, slim and lightweight bike has been a great run throughout its time. Present for decades now, Bajaj has introduced the latest version of the Platina with a BS6 version to meet the latest emission norms. However, the automaker has done absolutely no changes in the looks but introduced a premium version of the variant.
Further, this bike starts at a base price of INR 51,000 (Ex-showroom Delhi) and goes up to a price tag of INR 64,000 (Ex-showroom Delhi).
Key Specifications of Bajaj Platina
The Bajaj Platina enjoys its name for being perfect for both the city and the highway. Besides the great mileage that this bike offers, it is quite the stunner in all the departments and gives value for money in terms of its efficiency.
It comes in two variants on offer with the cheapest model in the series is Bajaj Platina 100 that derives its power by a 102cc engine, churning out a total power output of 7.9 PS. Whereas, the other version on offer is a bit expensive and more powerful and premium offering than the 100, the second is the Bajaj Platina 110 H-Gear that is powered by a 115.45cc engine, giving out a maximum power output of 8hp of power.
The main highlight of the 102cc bike is a five-speed gearbox that is powered by a single-cylinder engine with electronic injection. The suspension duties of the bike are managed by telescopic forks on the front and twin shocks at the rear.
Some other key features include:
- Lightweight bike that adds to a premium comfort and feeling
- Affordable pricing point
- Crisp throttle response even with a small engine capacity
- Powerful engine option on offer
- Cruises easily through tough street conditions, without much hindrance
- Telescopic Hydraulic shock absorbers upfront
- Manual Transmission with a 4-gear speed mode
- Precise mileage and saves petrol
What is Covered Under Bajaj Auto Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
- Third-Party Losses: In the unfortunate event of third party loss, your policy will take care of the legal and financial liabilities.
- Damages Due to Accidents: If your two-wheeler is damaged due to an accident, nothing to worry about as your two-wheeler insurance policy got you covered.
- Vehicle Thefts: In case your two-wheeler is stolen, your two-wheeler insurance policy will look after the same.
- Damages Caused in Fire: If your two-wheeler catches fire, your two-wheeler policy will pay for the damages.
- Damages Due to Natural/Man-made Disaster: When flood, hurricane, hail storm, tornado, riots, etc. attack your two-wheeler, your insurance policy comes in handy.
- Personal Accident: In case you meet with an accident that leads to injuries or unfortunately death, your policy will offer compensation of up to INR 15 lakh.
Note: You will have to buy PA Cover separately.
What is Not Covered Under Bajaj Auto Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
- Drunken Driving: No insurance company will accept your claim if you were drunk or under an intoxicant when the accident happened.
- Unauthorised Driving: Your claim will be rejected if the rider is without a valid Driver’s License.
- Deliberate Accident: If the accident has been caused purposely, the claim will be rejected.
- Consequential Damages: Consequential damages that are caused after the accident are not covered under insurance.
- Negligence: An accident occurs because of your own negligence; you won’t be able to claim the damages.
- Depreciation: Damages that are caused because of normal wear and tear, mechanical or electric failure due to travelling.
- Expired policy: If the policy has lapsed, your damages will not be covered.
- Excluded Add-Ons: You will not be able to claim the benefits that you do not have in your plan
How to Renew Your Bajaj Auto Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
You can renew your Bajaj Auto two wheeler insurance policy in 5 easy and quick steps.
Step 1 - Fill in your Name, Address, Mobile Number, Vehicle’s Make, Model, Variant, Registration Date & the city you ride in.
Step 2- Press ‘Get Quote’ and choose your choice of Plan (Third-party liability, comprehensive, standalone own damage) or add-ons
Step 3 - Enter details of your previous insurance policy- Date of expiry, Claim made in the last year, No Claim Bonus earned
Step 4 - You will get a quote for your premium
Step 5- Make the final payment to renew your policy
Bajaj Platina Review
Bajaj is a name in the Indian market that needs no introduction. The automaker is renowned for building bikes of every type and mill, ranging from a 100cc to a 400cc bike. Considering the functionality that it provides to the users, the Platina is a bike that has been developed throughout the ages, to provide the Indian segment with a bike that stands true in terms of performance.
Currently, the Platina has become a bike that is laden with comfort and convenience for the riders of every kind with its seamless and a comfortable seat and improved ergonomics. Its major USP being the affordable pricing point and great mileage, the bike is also low on maintenance and gives a fair run for the money.