Honda Shine BS6
First introduced in 2006 in India, Honda Shine is one of the most popular bikes from the Honda camp, which fulfills all the critical requirements for the bike lover. The latest version of Honda Shine is Honda Shine BS6, which complies with Bharat BS-VI emission norms.
Great mileage, stylish looks, dependable engine, and world-class features make Honda Shine one of the best selling bikes in the 125 CC category. Over the years, Honda Shine bike has seen numerous updates, additions, and modifications, both in terms of aesthetics and looks, and the engine performance.
Let’s find out the top features of Honda Shine BS6, and decode why bike lovers are going ga-ga over this latest version.
Honda Shine BS6 Features
The latest Honda Shine has been engineered to accelerate from 0 to 60kmph in just 5.30 seconds, which makes it one of the fastest bikes in this segment. Powered with 125CC HET BS-VI eco-friendly engine, Honda Shine BS6 has a top speed of 95-100 km/hr (59-62 mph).
One of the biggest USPs of this bike is ACG Starter technology, which completely removes the gear-meshing noise, and provides the rider with a smooth driving experience. In fact, there is no jolt when the engine starts, and riders have greatly appreciated this feature.
Compliance with BS VI emission norms, along with the advanced eSG technology means that Honda Shine delivers maximum energy output by efficient combustion and minimum friction. You can get this bike in two variants: Drum brakes and Disk brakes.
The other key highlights of the Honda Shine BS6:
- The engine produces peak power of 10.5 bhp at 7500rpm and torque of 11Nm at 6000rpm, mated with a new 5-speed transmission
- The latest version of this bike has a wheelbase of 1285mm, increased by 19nm, compared to the last version
- Ground clearance of 162mm is 5mm more than the last version
- 65 km/liter is the average mileage claimed by the company for this bike
- Both kick and self-start modes available
- Alloy Wheels, tubeless tyres
What is Covered Under Honda Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
- Third-Party Losses: In the unfortunate event of third-party loss, your policy will take care of the legal and financial liabilities.
- Damages Due to Accidents: If your two-wheeler is damaged due to an accident, nothing to worry about as your two-wheeler insurance policy got you covered.
- Vehicle Thefts: In case your two-wheeler is stolen, your two-wheeler insurance policy will look after the same.
- Damages Caused in Fire: If your two-wheeler catches fire, your two-wheeler policy will pay for the damages.
- Damages Due to Natural/Man-made Disaster: When flood, hurricane, hail storm, tornado, riots, etc. attack your two-wheeler, your insurance policy comes in handy.
- Personal Accident: In case you meet with an accident that leads to injuries or unfortunately death, your policy will offer compensation of up to INR 15 lakh.
Note: You will have to buy PA Cover separately.
What is Not Covered Under Honda Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
- Drunken Driving: No insurance company will accept your claim if you were drunk or under an intoxicant when the accident happened.
- Unauthorised Driving: Your claim will be rejected if the rider is without a valid Driver’s License.
- Deliberate Accident: If the accident has been caused purposely, the claim will be rejected.
- Consequential Damages: Consequential damages that are caused after the accident are not covered under insurance.
- Negligence: An accident occurs because of your own negligence; you won’t be able to claim the damages.
- Depreciation: Damages that are caused because of normal wear and tear, mechanical or electric failure due to travelling.
- Expired policy: If the policy has lapsed, your damages will not be covered.
- Excluded Add-Ons: You will not be able to claim the benefits that you do not have in your plan
How to Renew Your Honda Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
You can renew your Honda two-wheeler insurance policy in 5 easy and quick steps.
Step 1 - Fill in your Name, Address, Mobile Number, Vehicle’s Make, Model, Variant, Registration Date & the city you ride in.
Step 2- Press ‘Get Quote’ and choose your choice of Plan (Third-party liability, comprehensive, standalone own damage) or add-ons
Step 3 - Enter details of your previous insurance policy- Date of expiry, Claim made in the last year, No Claim Bonus earned
Step 4 - You will get a quote for your premium
Step 5- Make the final payment to renew your policy
Honda Shine BS6 Review
Honda Shine BS6 is a dependable, and reliable bike, with a high stylish quotient, and great mileage. Observers have hailed Honda Shine BS6 as a great family bike, with minimum noise and smooth engine start, thanks to the advanced engineering incorporated by Honda.
Since it’s BS VI compliant, this bike is eco-friendly and optimizes the available energy for producing optimal output. In case the rider wishes to rev the bike, especially beyond 4th gear, then it may produce a little turbulence, and the driving experience can take a hit.
But that’s only in rare cases when the rider wants some extreme adventure. Since Honda has targeted this bike for family usage, this won’t be an issue for the majority of riders.
Overall, a great value for money bike with the Honda trust strongly embedded.