Honda Africa Twin Two Wheeler Insurance
Africa Twin is a popular racer bike that recreates its magic every year in the extreme desert of Africa. Africa Twin competes every year in the world’s most challenging, dangerous and downright bonkers rally known as the Dakar. The winning icon after ruling the desert rally four times sets its new original development known as XRV650 Africa Twin. The riders enjoy the riding spirit in the sand dune backed by the robust Dakar NXR750 engine.
Launched on March 5, 2020, by Honda, the new Africa Twin CRF1100L gives the riders extra comfort for travelling long distances with a great mileage supported by a fuel tank capacity of 24.5 litres.
Honda Africa Twin Specifications
Honda Africa is available in two variants -- Standard and Adventure Sport ES that lift your performance throughout the rev-range with its more powerful 1100 cc engine.
The masterstroke engine is available in 3-different variants- Liquid-cooled, 4 Stroke and SI Engine that responds strongly to every command, especially for passing the optimum fuel. The Twin bike offers a special feature “throttle by wire” which commands equally the seven selectable torque and six types of riding modes: Urban, Tour, Off-road, Gravel, User 1 and User 2.
The other key highlights of the Honda Africa Twin:
- The maximum engine power of Honda Dream is 73.0 kW @ 7500 RPM and torque of 103 N-m @ 6000 RPM
- Fuel injection system
- 4 piston brake calipers ensure accurate and reliable braking
- Africa Twin’s exhaust system ensures maintaining the balance between sound and emission
- 90/90-21M/C (54H)front and 150/70R18M/C (70H) rear tubeless tyres with a 1558 mm wheelbase
- Cornering light ensures illuminating the blind spots while cornering in the dark
- Lithium Ion battery
- Available in Pearl Glare White Tricolour and Darkness Black Metallic colour variants
- Start/Stop switch engine
- Kick/self-start mode
- Both automatic dual clutch and manual type transmission
What is Covered Under Honda Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
- Third-Party Losses: In the unfortunate event of third party loss, your policy will take care of the legal and financial liabilities.
- Damages Due to Accidents: If your two-wheeler is damaged due to an accident, nothing to worry about as your two-wheeler insurance policy got you covered.
- Vehicle Thefts: In case your two-wheeler is stolen, your two-wheeler insurance policy will look after the same.
- Damages Caused in Fire: If your two-wheeler catches fire, your two-wheeler policy will pay for the damages.
- Damages Due to Natural/Man-made Disaster: When flood, hurricane, hail storm, tornado, riots, etc. attack your two-wheeler, your insurance policy comes in handy.
- Personal Accident: In case you meet with an accident that leads to injuries or unfortunately death, your policy will offer compensation of up to INR 15 lakh.
Note: You will have to buy PA Cover separately.
What is Not Covered Under Honda Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
- Drunken Driving: No insurance company will accept your claim if you were drunk or under an intoxicant when the accident happened.
- Unauthorised Driving: Your claim will be rejected if the rider is without a valid Driver’s License.
- Deliberate Accident: If the accident has been caused purposely, the claim will be rejected.
- Consequential Damages: Consequential damages that are caused after the accident are not covered under insurance.
- Negligence: An accident occurs because of your own negligence; you won’t be able to claim the damages.
- Depreciation: Damages that are caused because of normal wear and tear, mechanical or electric failure due to travelling.
- Expired policy: If the policy has lapsed, your damages will not be covered.
- Excluded Add-Ons: You will not be able to claim the benefits that you do not have in your plan
How to Renew Your Honda Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
You can renew your Honda two wheeler insurance policy in 5 easy and quick steps.
Step 1 - Fill in your Name, Address, Mobile Number, Vehicle’s Make, Model, Variant, Registration Date & the city you ride in.
Step 2- Press ‘Get Quote’ and choose your choice of Plan (Third-party liability, comprehensive, standalone own damage) or add-ons
Step 3 - Enter details of your previous insurance policy- Date of expiry, Claim made in the last year, No Claim Bonus earned
Step 4 - You will get a quote for your premium
Step 5- Make the final payment to renew your policy
Honda Africa Twin Review
Honda Africa Twin gives a new dimension to your thrill by adding a new full 6.5-inch TFT touchscreen display that gives you the power of selecting your ride modes and controlling the navigation within your reach using Bluetooth smartphone and audio connectivity.
This 6-geared bike also ensures your safety while you compete for the thrill. To give you an added advantage, Twin's Anti-lock brake system offers you a 6-axis IMU which distributes your leaning load over the bike and distributes proportionally while you fasten the speed. Owning a Honda Africa Twin for yourself can cost you INR 15.96 lakhs approximately which is an ex-showroom price in Delhi.