Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Hyundai KONA Car Insurance
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
Hyundai is a prevalent automobile brand in India, and it has introduced some exciting new vehicles to the market. With pollution levels exceeding safe levels, electric vehicles are being hailed as the mobility of the future. In this vein, Hyundai introduced the Kona electric SUV in India in 2019.
The Hyundai Kona is the country's first all-electric SUV. It is a well-rounded drive with an eye-catching exterior. It has a bold scheme and cutting-edge technology. The Kona exudes futuristic craftsmanship at every turn, thanks to its core of Electric DNA. The car provides an exciting driving experience while having a low running cost and a long electric range.
Hyundai Kona Features
The Hyundai Kona comes in two variants, namely, the Electric Premium and Electric Premium Dual-tone. Hyundai Kona possesses automatic transmission. The parking brake in the car is powered by electricity. The instrument cluster of the Hyundai Kona is fully digital. The car has regenerative braking paddle shifters. It has an automatic system for monitoring tire pressure. The car encloses 2-zone climate control. The parking sensors in Hyundai Kona are equipped with a reverse camera to make it easier for the driver. It has cruise control with adaptive settings. The car also has a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with AUX, USB, and radio.
Key Specifications of Hyundai Kona
Electric Premium and Electric Premium Dual-tone
Boot Space (l)
Front- McPherson Strut Type,
Hyundai Kona Car Insurance
The Hyundai Kona is an electric SUV, and all of its components and spare parts are more expensive than those of a traditional SUV. Hyundai Kona owners must insure themselves against damages or the losses caused by accidents, theft, and other associated risks, not only to their vehicle or person but also to third-party vehicles. Purchasing Hyundai Kona car insurance is critical because repair costs can be high. Car insurance also includes many add-on benefits that broaden the coverage.
Types of Car Insurance for Hyundai Kona
There are two types of coverage available for Hyundai Kona car insurance:
- The mandatory third-party car insurance for Kona provides financial assistance in the event of third-party injuries or property damage. Third-party car insurance protects you against damage to someone else's property or life.
- Comprehensive car insurance is better suited to those who want broad coverage and security. It covers damage to your vehicle and bodily harm or death to the driver in the event of an accident. In addition to third-party damage coverage, the comprehensive insurance plan includes additional coverage.
What is Covered under the Hyundai Kona Car Insurance Policy?
Hyundai Kona car insurance offers coverage under the following circumstances:
- Accidental damage
- Damage due to theft, partial or total loss
- Damage due to natural disasters such as earthquakes, floods, and cyclones
- Damage because of man-made risks like vandalism, civil unrest, etc
- Damage to a third-party vehicle or property
- Bodily injuries sustained by a third-party
- Death or permanent disability caused to a third-party
What is Not Covered Under the Hyundai Kona Car Insurance Policy?
The following conditions would not be covered under a Hyundai Kona car insurance.
- Mechanical/electrical breakdown
- Improper handling following an accident
- Depreciation cost
- Damage as a result of careless driving
- Driving without a valid driver's licence
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or intoxicating substances
- Regular wear and tear of parts
How to Buy/ Renew Your Hyundai Kona Car Insurance Policy?
Procuring a new Hyundai Kona car insurance online is a simple, easy, and convenient method. Buying new insurance for Hyundai cars can be done right through the online portal of an insurance company. You can opt for online renewals for your Hyundai Kona car insurance by using the following steps:
- Go to the website of your insurance provider
- Fill in personal details
- Fill in car details like registration, model, variant, etc
- Fill in details of the previous insurance policy (In case of renewal)
- Select the insurance policy as per your choice
- Compare quotes and select the best-suited one
- Make the online premium payment
Hyundai Kona Review
The Hyundai Kona, introduced recently, is a powerful and versatile SUV with a sporty personality. It has a stylish exterior and many eye-catching features, including a 10-way power-adjustable driver's seat, multiple charging options, heated and ventilated front seats, a sunroof, and dual-zone climate control. The car provides an exciting driving experience while having a low running cost and a long electric range. To secure your car against unforeseen damages, you must opt for suitable car insurance.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
FAQs of Hyundai KONA Car Insurance
1. What is the seating capacity of the Hyundai Kona?
The Hyundai Kona has a seating capacity of 5 people.
2. Is car insurance expensive for electric vehicles in India, like the Hyundai Kona?
The engine type does not affect the cost of the insurance policy. The premium amount and the insurance cost actually depend on the condition, safety features, and the purchase value of the vehicle.
3. What is Hyundai Kona's starting price?
The premium model of the Hyundai Kona costs INR 23.79 lakh, while the premium dual-tone variant costs INR 23.97 lakh.
4. Will my Hyundai Kona be inspected at the time of renewal?
If you get your Hyundai Kona renewed before the required time, it will not be inspected. But if you get it renewed after the postulated time frame, it will be subject to inspection by your insurance company.
5. Can I purchase Hyundai Kona insurance add-ons?
Yes, if you have a comprehensive insurance policy, you can purchase Kona car insurance add-ons.
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers various ways to check comprehensive, third-party, or own-damage car...Read More
The comprehensive car insurance policy offers better risk coverage on the road than third-party car insurance....Read More
Check out this list of the best ten smallest cars in India, ranked by features including price, gas economy, a...Read More
In a way, the most expensive cars are more than just cars; they are a statement of excellence in all aspects. ...Read More
One of the leading players in the Indian insurance marketplace, Bharti AXA has a lot to offer when it comes to...Read More