Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
Raipur transport department is under the jurisdiction of the Chhattisgarh Transport Department. It was developed following the provision of the Motor Vehicles Act 1988. RTO Raipur supervises the transport-related issues. It carries out regulations and enforcement functions of the transport authority. In lieu, the rules and regulations of the department are as per that of Chhattisgarh RTO.
Functions of the Raipur Regional Transport Department
Raipur RTO conducts different functions to supervise and maintain rules and regulations within its jurisdiction. These functions are discussed below.
- Driving Licence: The RTO organizes and conducts driving tests. It issues driving licence for riders who successfully pass driving tests. The authorities can also cancel the driving licence.
- Conductor Licence: The RTO issues conductor licence through Raipur RTO Online Licence Test. It also regularizes provisional conductor licences under the authority of the Chhattisgarh Transport Department.
- Registration of Motor Vehicle: The authority not only offers registration of motor vehicles but also checks the health and safety measures of the vehicles. It allows vehicle owners to bid for fancy vehicle numbers through online bidding.
- Fitness/NOC: The authoritative body is responsible for issuing NOC or fitness certificates for all the vehicles of Raipur. It is also responsible for renewing fitness certificates.
- Online Permit Application: In the case of the national permit, the authority offers an online permit application service. The Raipur RTO Online system allows users to check the payment transcriptions, print receipts, and print national permits.
- Objection System for Vehicles: The online portal of RTO acts as an objection system for vehicles as it offers various online access for services such as pucca, VLTD, CNG, and LPG and other retro-fitment and others.
Raipur RTO Code
How to Get Motor Insurance in Raipur?
The vehicles must be insured before running on the road. The vehicle can be insured through a comprehensive insurance policy which offers considerable benefit to insured persons. They can also choose third-party car insurance which does not include certain benefits such as own damage coverage of the rider. It only offers coverage for losses or damage that occurred to third-party person/property. The users must find any general insurance corporations to get motor insurance in Raipur.
How to Get Car Insurance in Raipur?
The car insurance is not provided by Raipur RTO Office. The vehicle owner must visit a car insurance company physically or online to insure the car purchased. The car insurance can be done by following online and offline processes. The applicants must choose a car insurance provider by comparing various insurance providers based on premiums, benefits, and other financial information. They must provide necessary documents and follow the norms of respective insurance providers to avail optimum benefits from car insurance. The process of getting car insurance is discussed below.
- Contact a car insurance provider through online or offline mode.
- Provide all the necessary information and documents to choose the right car insurance.
- Buy the insurance by paying the first premium. The insurance can be bought online or in person.
- Duly pay all the deductibles and other necessary payments.
- Collect the details in a mail or person.
How to Get Two Wheeler Insurance in Raipur?
The two-wheeler vehicle owner must have third-party insurance. They must find a two-wheeler insurance company based on their area and locality. The best way to choose the right insurer is by comparing the claim-settlement ratio. However, they must also compare the premiums, no claim bonus, policy term, policy coverage, and other information. They can process the application and payments for two-wheeler insurance through online or offline mode.
How Does RTO Impact Vehicle Insurance Premium in Raipur?
The insurance companies divide their zone of operations based on the risk of accidents and population. The metro cities have a higher risk of accidents compared to rural areas. Raipur is the biggest city in Chhattisgarh. Therefore, the Raipur RTO will have a high premium rate compared to any other RTOs in Chhattisgarh.
How to Get Vehicle Registration in Raipur?
The vehicle registration process in Raipur is followed as per the norms of the Motor Vehicles Act 1988. Raipur vehicle registration details are discussed below in subsequent segments.
Vehicle Registration Type in Raipur RTO
Under the authority of the Raipur Transport Department, users can register their vehicles to get a temporary or permanent registration number. The temporary registration can be done for one month. After that, the users must apply for a permanent registration number. In case the users want to extend the temporary registration, they are required to submit necessary documents as required. The users must apply for a permanent registration number, within seven days from the date of purchase.
Ownership Transfer of Raipur RTO
The ownership of the car can be transferred in three cases.
- When the car owner willingly transfers the ownership to the transferee by reporting to the Raipur RTO Office.
- In case of the death of the owner, the successor would get the ownership of the possession for three months by reporting to the Raipur RTO Office. After that, the successor must register their name and details with the possession.
- In case the car is owned in a public auction conducted on behalf of the State or Central Government, the owner of the car must register it at Raipur RTO within 30 days from the day the car was taken.
Renewal of Registration in Raipur RTO
The renewal of registration must be conducted before 60 days of the registration expiry date. The vehicle owner must provide details in Form 25. Renewal of registration is done as per Form 89 of Central Motor Vehicles Rules 1989. The vehicle owner must have the following documents as per Raipur vehicle registration details.
- PUC Certificate
- RC Book
Duplicate R.C. in Raipur RTO
The duplication of the registration certificate is done through Form 26. The fee will be paid as per Rule 81 of the Motor Vehicles Act 1989. The process will be implemented successfully in the Raipur RTO office. However, the vehicle owner must bring the following documents.
- Pollution Under Control Certificate
- Police Certificate
Raipur RTO Contact Details
Address: The Regional Transport Office (RTO), Telibandha, Raipur, Chhattisgarh-492006
Phone: 91 771 2563155
Raipur RTO Website: http://www.cgtransport.gov.in/
Add ons for your Car Insurance
Raipur RTO FAQS
1. What is the RTO Office timings of Raipur?
The office timings of Raipur RTO are-11 am to 7pm.
2. Can I transfer the ownership of my vehicle at Raipur RTO?
Yes, vehicle ownership transfer can be done at Raipur RTO.
3. Does Raipur RTO offer conductor licence?
Yes, Raipur RTO offers conductor licence after conducting an online test.
4. What are the documents required to extend temporary car registration?
The users must provide the following documents to extend the temporary car registration.
- Form 21
- Form 22
- Motor insurance certificate
- Pollution Under Control certificate
- Address proof
5. What documents are required for vehicle registration under Raipur RTO?
Applicants are required to submit Form 20 for both temporary and permanent registration. Along with this document, they must also submit Form 21 and Form 22. Form 21 is a sales certificate and Form 22 is a Road Worthiness certificate. Apart from this, a motor insurance certificate, Pollution Under Control Certificate, address proof, and other documents are required to complete different types of vehicle registration.
Recent ArticlesView All
Availing a car insurance without a driving license can be possible under certain circumstances. Know what are ...Read More
Are you looking for the difference between third-party and first-party insurance? Learn the difference on the ...Read More
Difference between comprehensive and third-party car insurance: Comprehensive policy covers both own damages a...Read More