Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
Jharkhand is a state with a dense forest belt, a rich cultural legacy, and numerous waterfalls that draws visitors from all over the country. As a result, anyone wanting to purchase a car in Jharkhand should keep in mind that it must be registered with the RTO Jharkhand. The registration must be completed within 15 days of the vehicle delivery date by visiting an RTO office. The Jharkhand Transport Department is in charge of enforcing all laws issued in the state of Jharkhand under the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988. The registration certificate for your car can be obtained from any of Jharkhand's Regional Transport Offices (RTOs).
Responsibilities of Jharkhand Transport Department
- Issuing driving licences: The Jharkhand RTO issues different types of driving licences in the state.
- Issuing conductor licences: The Jharkhand RTO issues conductor licences to carriage conductors.
- Issuing NOCs: Another job done by the Jharkhand RTO is issuing NOCs and fitness certificates.
- Issuing RCs: The most important function of the Jharkhand RTO is to issue vehicle registrations to all the vehicles running on the state roads.
- Issuing permits: The RTO also issues online permits of various kinds.
Jharkhand RTO Codes
JHARKHAND RTO CODE
JHARKHAND RTO CODE
Bokaro Steel City
How to Get Motor Insurance in Jharkhand?
Motor insurance is a way to safeguard your vehicle from unforeseen damages. According to the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988, the Jharkhand Transport Department requires all cars to have proper insurance before being authorised to operate on the road. The two types of motor insurance policies offered are a comprehensive motor insurance policy and a third-party motor insurance policy.
How to Get Car Insurance in Jharkhand?
To obtain car insurance, you can choose Jharkhand RTO online or visit Jharkhand RTO in person. It will compare the number of insurance providers, insurance prices, and other factors. You can get automotive insurance in Jharkhand RTO both online and offline by using the steps listed below:
- Visit the insurance provider online or in person.
- Fill the forms and choose the policy of your choice.
- Submit the documents and get quotes.
- Select a quote and pay the premium.
- Collect all the details via email or in person.
How to Get Two Wheeler Insurance in Jharkhand?
The process of getting two-wheeler insurance is similar to the one mentioned above. Try and pick a policy that offers you the most benefits and is an economical option for you. In India, third-party two-wheeler insurance is compulsory.
How Does RTO Impact Your Vehicle Insurance Premium in Jharkhand?
Your vehicle insurance quote is influenced by the Jharkhand RTO where you registered your automobile or two-wheeler. It depends on which insurance zone your vehicle is registered in. Jharkhand has a lot of RTOs, and your insurance premium would depend on the one you get your RC in. The place where there are more risks related to theft and vandalism, insurance premiums will be high, and vice versa.
How to Get Vehicle Registration in Jharkhand?
As per the ruling of the MV Act, a valid registration is compulsory for every vehicle actively being driven on Indian roads. There are two types of vehicle registrations.
Types of Vehicle Registration in Jharkhand RTO
Temporary registration: A temporary registration certificate is issued by the automotive dealer. This is the first step in availing a permanent registration. This type of vehicle registration has a validity of seven days.
Permanent Registration: For a permanent registration, you must choose an RTO close to your residence. It is applied for after the validity expiration of your temporary registration.
Transfer of Ownership in Jharkhand RTO
The transfer of ownership of a vehicle can be done in three scenarios:
- If the ownership is being transferred in the normal fashion, the transferer and the transferee have to inform the RTO close to their residence about the transfer.
- In case of the death of the owner of the vehicle, the successor has to inform the authorities before using the vehicle as their own.
- If the vehicle has been bought at an auction held on behalf of the state or central government, the owner has to register it within 30 days of taking its possession.
Renewal of Registration in Jharkhand RTO
A renewal must be on the cards 60 days before your permanent registration expires. This process of application can be done online or offline. The application has to be made to the concerned RTO in Jharkhand. You will need the following documents for the same:
- The vehicle in question
- R.C. Book
- PUC certificate
- Application form 25
Duplicate R.C. in Jharkhand RTO
In case your RC has been lost or destroyed, it is time to get a duplicate one from the RTO. This is necessary as it is illegal to drive a vehicle without registration. The process is relatively simple, and the documentation is as follows:
- Pollution Control Certificate
- Police Certificate
- Application form 26
Jharkhand RTO Contact Details
Jharkhand RTO Jamshedpur
Address: Subarnarekha Link Rd, Jubilee Park, Sonari, Jamshedpur, Jharkhand 831001
Jharkhand RTO Ranchi
Address: Kutchery Rd, Deputy Para, Ahirtoli, Ranchi, Jharkhand 834001
Jharkhand RTO Deoghar
Address: Government bus stand, Deoghar, Jharkhand 814112
Jharkhand RTO Godda
Address: The Regional Transport Officer ( RTO ), Godda, Jharkhand 814133
Jharkhand RTO Koderma
Address: Collectorate Campus, Koderma, Jharkhand 825410
Add ons for your Car Insurance
Jharkhand RTO FAQS
1. Is there a fee for temporary car registration at the Jharkhand RTO if done by a vehicle dealer?
A nominal fee is charged for provisional registration performed by a vehicle dealer at the Jharkhand RTO.
2. Can you tell me which Jharkhand RTO I should register with?
Vehicle registration must be completed at the Jharkhand RTO nearest to your residence or place of business (for vehicles that were bought for business purposes).
3. Is it necessary to keep the original Jharkhand RTO vehicle registration certificate with the car, or will a photocopy suffice?
Failure to keep the original RTO Jharkhand Vehicle Registration details, such as the certificate, with your car at all times is a prosecutable offense.
4. How many RTOs are there in the state of Jharkhand?
There are a total of 24 RTOs in the state of Jharkhand.
Recent ArticlesView All
Availing a car insurance without a driving license can be possible under certain circumstances. Know what are ...Read More
Are you looking for the difference between third-party and first-party insurance? Learn the difference on the ...Read More
Difference between comprehensive and third-party car insurance: Comprehensive policy covers both own damages a...Read More