Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
Indiranagar RTO office is located in Bengaluru. It generates services that are under the Motor Vehicles Act of India. The services work strictly with the policy of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988. It assists in issuing driver’s licence, registering new vehicles from the eastern zone of Bangalore. This falls under the Karnataka State Transport Department. The Transport Commissioner is the authorized person of Indiranagar RTO, who takes control of road safety to make the transport system more convenient. The vehicles which are registered under this Indiranagar RTO have code KA-03.
Functions of Indiranagar RTO Transport Department
The functions of the Indiranagar RTO office are:
- Issuance of Driver’s Licence: The office helps in issuing driver’s and learner’s licences as well.
- Permission of Goods and Goods Vehicle: It usually accesses the permit for passenger and goods vehicles.
- Temporary and Permanent Registration for Motor Vehicle: It issues temporary as well as permanent registration for motor vehicles.
- Manages Road Taxes: The collection of road taxes and IMV fees are regulated under this RTO.
- Helps in the Renewal of Documents: Renewal of registration document for non-transport private vehicles.
- Generates Road Safety Measures: Indiranagar RTO usually keeps the road safety in check, by launching new road, and vehicle rules.
Indiranagar RTO Code
How to get Motor Insurance in Indiranagar RTO?
According to the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988, it is mandatory to ensure the vehicles which are running on the road. There are two kinds of insurance available viz. comprehensive car insurance and third-party car insurance.
How to get Car Insurance in Indiranagar RTO?
Anyone can avail of car insurance either offline or offline. Various insurance companies are there who offer premiums at different rates. You can always do research work on rates before availing insurance for your vehicle. You can check two types of insurance viz third party and comprehensive car insurance. Keep in mind the following points while you go ahead to buy insurance for your vehicles:
- Directly call the insurance provider and also check their website.
- Go ahead in filling up the application form providing documents.
- Choose a comprehensive car insurance policy or third-party insurance.
- You can either pay online or can deposit the money at the office.
- It is required to gather details by mail or in person.
How to get Two Wheeler Insurance in Indiranagar RTO?
Two-wheeler owners should have an insurance policy. The insurance provider usually offers coverage like third-party/accidental, including the policy term, settlement claiming policy, garage network. The insurance policy premium depends on the model of a vehicle you are using. Two-wheeler insurance can be purchased offline and online.
How does RTO Impact Your Vehicle Insurance Premium in Indiranagar?
The payment of a two-wheeler’s premium fluctuates if it is registered under Indiranagar, RTO. The premium rates are based on the places where the vehicle is registered. Cities are densely populated areas, so premium charges are too high over there. Whereas charges are quite low in a bit interior or remote areas due to less population.
How to get Vehicle Registration in Indiranagar RTO?
The vehicle which is accessible to the road must have a registration number according to Motor Vehicles Act 1988.
Vehicle Registration Type in Indiranagar RTO
Indiranagar, RTO offers two types of vehicle registration:
a) Temporary Registration: This registration is accessible for the short term. The applicant is requested to fill-up Form20 of Central Motor Vehicle Rules 1989. If you want, you can extend the period of registration.
b) Permanent Registration: You can apply for permanent registration of your vehicle within a week of purchase. For this registration, form20 needs to be fill-up the same as the temporary registration.
Ownership Transfer of Vehicle in Indiranagar RTO
Ownership of the vehicle can get transferred by an online portal service. But the catch is that the transfer must be done within the state you are residing in. Transfer and selling can be done directly with the valid NOC document of the vehicle. It is required to register the vehicle maximum by 30 days if purchased from any government auction.
Renewal of Registration in Indiranagar RTO
Registration of vehicles always needs to be renewed. It is done through online and offline mode as well. One needs to submit Form25 with the application by 60 days of the expiration date at Indiranagar RTO. A fixed amount of registration fee under the rule of 81Central Vehicle Rules 1989 should be submitted at the Indiranagar RTO Office. Below are the documents that need to be submitted with the application form:
- Application Form25
- Pollution Control Certificate
- Health Fitness Certificate
- Valid Document of Road Tax Clearance
- Copy of Pan Card
- Owner’s Signature
Duplicate R.C. in Indiranagar RTO
A duplicate Registration certificate secures information like chassis number, engine number, owner’s name. The fee needs to be deposited at Indiranagar, RTO, according to Rule 81 of Central Vehicle Rule, 1989. Keep the below-given documents handy for applying duplicate R.C. at Indiranagar RTO.
- Residential address proof
- Police certificate
- Pollution under control document
- Documents of Insurance
- Tax clearance paper
Indiranagar RTO, East Bengaluru Contact Details
Indiranagar KA-03 RTO office
RTO Code- KA-03
Office Address: CF-15, Outer Ring Road, Near NGEF, Kasturinagar, Bangalore-560043
Office Timings: 10 AM – 5 PM
Phone number: 080-25253726
Email ID- firstname.lastname@example.org
Helpline number- Please visit the official website of the Karnataka Government
Add ons for your Car Insurance
Indiranagar RTO FAQs
1. What is the eligibility criteria for obtaining a learner’s licence at Indiranagar RTO?
You have to appear for the STALL test to get a learner’s permit. After a month, you could grab your driver's licence.
2. What is the fee for applying for a driver’s licence at Indiranagar RTO?
You need to pay a sum of INR 200/- while submitting the driver’s licence application along with other required documents.
3. What are the supportive documents for address proof?
- Property Papers Agreement
- Bill of Electricity/Water/Telephone
- An Affidavit
4. What are the documents needed for re-registration of the vehicle at Indiranagar RTO?
Documents required for re-registration of the vehicle at Indiranagar, RTO are:
- Application Form
- Registration Certificate
- Tax Card
- Certificate of Insurance
- Consent of owner for purchasing the vehicle in loan
- Pollution Control Certificate
5. Can vehicle ownership be possible at Indiranagar RTO?
Yes, the same can be possible at Indiranagar RTO. Make sure you have the required documents for the same.
Recent ArticlesView All
Availing a car insurance without a driving license can be possible under certain circumstances. Know what are ...Read More
Are you looking for the difference between third-party and first-party insurance? Learn the difference on the ...Read More
Difference between comprehensive and third-party car insurance: Comprehensive policy covers both own damages a...Read More