Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Enter 4-Wheeler number to get Quote
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
The Khairatabad Transport Department runs according to the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, Section 213. The department's major goal is enforcing the provisions of the Telangana Motor Vehicles Taxation Act, 1963, the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, and all the associated rules and regulations. The Transport Department aims to provide safe and citizen-friendly service, secure, and pollution-free transport in the state. The department is fully connected to the network, thus providing access to avail service from anywhere. The Transport Department is committed to customer service, a fully functional Khairatabad RTO website is available at user service.
Functions of Khairatabad Transport Department
The different functions performed by the Khairatabad RTO office are:
- Driving Licence: Issuance of driving licence, which are Learner's Licence, Fresh driving licence, renewal, duplicate, change in address, the addition of class for driving licence & international driving permit.
- Conductor Licence: Issuance of licence for conductors of stage carriages granted through Form CLA & renewal through form CRLA.
- Registration of Motor Vehicle: The department provides certificates like Trade certificate, Temporary/Permanent registration, ownership transfer, renewal, duplicate, HP Endorsement, address change, HP Termination.
- Fitness/NOC: You can get a no-objection certificate after you submit specified documents with the application, such as Insurance, Certificate of Registration, proof of payment for the Motor Vehicle Tax and Pollution Under Control.
- Online Permits Application and Objection System for Vehicles: Services such as permits for Stage carriage, a goods carriage, national permit for goods carriage, etc. Temporary, pucca, renewal, duplication, transfer, variation, vehicle replacement offered.
Khairatabad (TS) RTO Code
How to get Motor Insurance in Khairatabad (TS)?
According to the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988, every vehicle running on the road must have motor insurance. It gives peace of mind & stress-free driving experience, especially when you know there is a third-party liability cover. The two popular insurance policies are a car insurance policy & a two-wheeler insurance policy.
How to get a Car Insurance Policy in Khairatabad?
A car owner residing in Khairatabad RTO can purchase insurance in both online & offline mode. The consumer can compare premiums, features, services and select accordingly. There are two car insurance policies that you can buy: a comprehensive car insurance policy and a third-party car insurance policy. The difference between both the insurance is that only third-party damage is covered in third-party policy whereas in comprehensive policy, both, third-party liabilities & own damages are covered.
Following are the steps to avail of car insurance in both online & offline modes:
- Contact car insurance provider by visiting in person or online
- Fill out the application form
- Research & analyze the plan according to the requirement
- Choose your preferred car insurance policy & complete documentation
- Pay the premium
- Collect the confirmation details online or in person.
How to get Two Wheeler Insurance in Khairatabad?
The road condition & jump in rash driving cases resulted in mandating two-wheeler insurance for every two-wheeler vehicle riding on Indian roads. At present, a third-party insurance policy is a must according to the Motor Vehicles Act. Insurance is available both online & offline. Insurance can be considered based on premium, insured declared value, claim procedure, etc. Premiums are often affected by vehicle's model, age, engine capacity, and take away. A comprehensive two-wheeler insurance policy is usually recommended as the best policy to have.
How does RTO Impact Your Vehicle Insurance Premium in Khairatabad?
The TS RTO, where your vehicle has been registered, affects vehicle premium because the location plays a vital role to decide insurance premium. The Indian government has divided the Indian region into zone A & zone B, where premium differs based on insurance zones. Urban cities are densely populated. Thus, risk factors are higher than in rural areas, resulting in a higher premium rate.
How to get Vehicle Registration in Khairatabad?
Every person driving the vehicle must follow Motor Vehicles Act 1988, according to which all vehicles should be registered, unless the vehicle is registered according to chapter 4 of MV Act 1988.
Vehicle Registration Type in Khairatabad RTO
The two main types of vehicle registration available in Khairatabad RTO are:
The applicant must register the vehicle through Form-20 within 7 days from the delivery date for permanent registration. The same form is used for temporary registration. The documents required for the registration are a Pan card, proper tax, valid IC, residence proof, Forms-21 & 22, and invoice.
Ownership Transfer in Khairatabad RTO
Under TS RTO, an applicant can apply for ownership transfer under three cases. Usually, the transferor can use form 29 to report the transfer. Residence proof, Valid IC, original RC are some of the required documents for clearance.
In the event of the original owner’s death, the successor can use the concerned vehicle for three months as if it has already been transferred to them after reporting to the authorities.
If you purchased the vehicle in a public auction conducted by the Central or State government, you shall apply through Form-32. Thirty days will be allotted to register the vehicle under your name.
Renewal of Registration in Khairatabad RTO
To renew your Certificate of Registration at Khairatabad RTO, Form 25 can be filed online by Transport Department Portal Online Services. The application should be submitted 60 days before the expiry. Fees have to be paid according to Rule 81 of the Central Motor Vehicle Rules 1989. You should have the following documents ready for the renewal:
- Pollution Under Control Certificate
- R.C. Book
- Valid Insurance Certificate
Duplicate R.C. in Khairatabad RTO
For issuance of a duplicate Certificate of Registration at Andhra Pradesh RTO, the application can be made online through Transport Department Portal Online Services using Form-26. As per the Central Motor Vehicle Rules, 1989, Rule 81, the fee will be paid to the Khairatabad RTO’s registration authority. You should have the following requirements:
- Police Certificate
- Pollution Under Control Certificate
- Photocopy of the Registration Certificate (if available)
- Insurance Certificate
Khairatabad (TS) RTO Contact Details
Address: TC, Hyderabad, D.No.6-3-646, Opp. Eenadu Office, Khairatabad, Somajiguda, Hyderabad, Telangana-500082
Khairatabad RTO FAQs
1. What are the Khairatabad RTO office timings?
The working hours of Khairatabad RTO are 10 AM to 6 PM. It is advised to confirm with the help desk before placing a personal visit.
2. What is the minimum age required for a DL application in Khairatabad RTO?
At Khairatabad RTO, you must be at least 16 years of age to apply for a learner's driving licence, provided you have your parent or guardian’s consent. However, if you are above 18, you can apply for a permanent driving licence. After 20 years, you would be eligible to drive a transport vehicle.
3. What is the lunch timing at the Khairatabad RTO office?
According to the Khairatabad RTO website, the lunch break is from 2 PM to 2:30 PM.
4. Can a person, who has acquired the license from Khairatabad RTO office, drive all over India?
Yes, you can drive all over India regardless of state or RTO office.
Recent ArticlesView All
Availing a car insurance without a driving license can be possible under certain circumstances. Know what are ...Read More
Are you looking for the difference between third-party and first-party insurance? Learn the difference on the ...Read More
Difference between comprehensive and third-party car insurance: Comprehensive policy covers both own damages a...Read More