Plans starting at only ₹7/day*
Digit Health Insurance FAQs
Enter your details to buy Health Insurance
By proceeding, I agree to the Terms & Conditions
- No Spam calls. Promise
- Upto ₹75,000** Tax deduction under Sec 80D
- Instant Policy Issuance
Digit Health Insurance FAQs
1. How many health insurance claims may I file in a calendar year?
As a Digit consumer, you can file as many health insurance claims as you like throughout a policy year, as long as the overall amount of individual claims does not surpass the policy's overall sum insured amount.
2. Who should I contact if I need help with a Digit insurance policy claim?
If you need assistance with a claim, please contact Digit at 1800-103-4448 or email email@example.com.
3. Can I adjust the sum insured throughout the term of my Digit family medical insurance?
Yes. If you are dissatisfied with the amount insured on your Digit family medical insurance, you can get it amended. You may do the same while renewing your coverage.
4. Does Digit offer free healthcare check-ups?
Yes, if you renew your insurance with the company without a gap, you will receive a health care check-up. Digit medical insurance covers medical screening costs up to the amount indicated in your insurance paperwork.
5. Can the company terminate my medical insurance plan?
Yes, Digit may terminate the policy for misrepresentation, fraud, or failure to disclose relevant information by issuing you a 15-day notice by registered delivery to your last recorded address/e-mail ID, with no return of premium.
6. Is there a policy for children offered by Go Digit?
No, Digit doesn't offer a medical insurance plan specifically for children. However, children can be included under different Digit policies with their families.
7. Does Digit offer maternity cover?
Yes, maternity coverage is available under Digit plans. The insurance covers maternity expenditures such as labour and delivery and care for any pregnancy complications.
8. What is the age limit for parents to join a Digit policy?
Parents under the age limit of 60 years are eligible for coverage under Digit's health insurance.
9. Are the costs of AYUSH therapy covered under Digit's medical insurance plan?
Yes, the costs of AYUSH therapy are covered under Digit's medical insurance plan.
10. How can I initiate a premium payment for the Digit Health Insurance plan?
You may pay the premium amount for the Digit Health Insurance policy using any of these methods - cash, credit card, debit card, cheque, or digital payment channels.
Digit Health Insurance Renewal FAQs
1. What will happen if I miss out on renewing my Digit health insurance plan on time?
If you fail to renew your Digit health insurance policy on time, your plan will lapse, forfeiting all your cumulative bonuses. If you want health coverage, you will need to go through a new policy purchase procedure all over again.
2. When should I renew my Digit health insurance policy?
You should check with your coverage plan and renew your policy before the end of its respective term year or expiry period. You can get it done online, where you will get many Digit health insurance online payment options.
3. Will I have to pay more premium at the time of Digit health insurance renewal with my increasing age?
Yes, your age does affect the premium value, and you will be required to pay more premiums for the health care coverage plan as you get older. This is because older people are more prone to medical complications than younger individuals. Maybe not every year. But the premium will rise after a gap of nearly five years, depending on the Digit health insurance plan variant you choose.
4. What documents do I need to renew my expired Digit health insurance policy?
The documents required to renew an expired policy vary from plan to plan. Here are some general document details that you might need to produce for the renewal process:
- Medical history
- Details of the previous health insurance policy.
- Valid ID, address and age proof
- Passport-sized photos.
5. Will the waiting period clause apply afresh If I don’t renew my Digit health insurance policy on time?
Yes, if you don’t renew your Digit health insurance on time (even during the grace period), the waiting period norms will apply afresh. The policy will lapse, requiring you to buy a fresh plan and contend with all those waiting period norms from the date of new purchase.
Digit Health Insurance Claim Settlement FAQs
1. What is the role of TPA in insurance claims with my Digit health insurance policy?
The Third-party Administrator or TPA is the IRDAI-approved middle-man between the policyholder and the insurer. They take care of the health-related claims filed under the insurance policy.
2. Will I need to send hard copies of the documents in case of claims with my Digit health insurance?
No, Digit is digital-friendly and only requires you to upload the documents via the shared link. Hence there’s no need to send hard copies of the documents.
3. How many health claims can I make with my Digit health insurance in a year?
You can make as many health claims as you want within a year, as long as the costs are within the sum insured value of your plan.
4. How much time does it take to settle a reimbursement claim?
With Digit health insurance, a reimbursement claim can take up to 30 days to get settled.
5. Where can I apply for cashless claims with my Digit health insurance?
The cashless claim feature is available within the 6400+ network hospitals under the Digit health insurance.
Digit Health Insurance Policy Download FAQs
1. Can I download the Digit health insurance policy document online from my mobile device with the help of the policy number?
Yes, you can settle your Digit health insurance policy download by policy number settled through your mobile device, as well as, your computer.
2. What are some crucial details included within the Digit health insurance policy document?
Some of the crucial details of the plan that you can get access to after getting the Digit health policy document download completed are:
- Policy duration
- Terms and conditions
- Claim details
3. Will I get my Digit health insurance policy document via e-mail?
The original copy of the Digit health insurance policy document is sent out to the registered email address of the policyholder. They can also download the document online from the official Digit health insurance website with ease.
4. What are the steps to download my Digit health insurance policy document from the Digit app?
You can download the Digit health insurance policy document from the official Digit Insurance App available on both the Play Store and App Store. After downloading the application, just log in with your registered mobile number, and click on the option called “My Policies” to get access to all your Digit health insurance policy documents. From there, you can select the choice of policy you like and download them by clicking on the “Download Policy” option.
5. Can I have the Digit health insurance policy download settled via WhatsApp?
Yes, you can contact the official Digit Self-Serve WhatsApp client at 70260 61234 by sending “Hi”, and then selecting the “policy soft copy” option by replying with “2.” After that, you will have to click on the “health policy” option and reply with the 10-digit policy number that starts with the letter “D.” Thereafter, you will have your Digit health insurance document ready for download.
Digit Health Insurance FAQs
1. Am I eligible for tax exemptions with Digit health insurance?
As per Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, you are eligible for annual tax exemptions to certain amounts with the Digit health insurance policy.
2. Where can I call to get in touch with the Digit health insurance provider at the time of emergency hospitalisation?
You can easily get in touch with Digit by calling its toll-free number, which is 1800-258-5956, and sort out any of your queries related to the matter. It offers quick and professional help via its trained personnel.
3. How will the network hospitals be beneficial to me with Digit health insurance?
Digit health insurance has 6400+ network hospitals that offer cashless treatment facilities to the insured so they can get high-tier medical care without needing to pay the bills. This is a crucial benefit that the massive range of PAN India network hospitals under Digit health insurance provides to its policyholders.
4. Will the sum insured value of my health insurance plan increase if I go through a term year without making any claims?
Yes, you can earn a cumulative bonus for every claim-free year under Digit health insurance, which will increase your sum insured value without charging you more money.
5. Does the Digit health insurance plan cover pandemics like the coronavirus disease?
Yes, one of the Digit Health Insurance plan benefits is that it covers pandemics like COVID-19. So, you don’t need to buy a separate policy for it.
Digit Health Insurance Network Hospitals FAQs
1. Is the reimbursement claim option also offered at the network hospital under Digit health insurance policy?
Yes, you can also pick the reimbursement option under the Digit health insurance at a network hospital. In this case, you will have to pay for the treatment upfront from your own pocket and then file a claim. You can find network hospitals from the official Digit health insurance cashless hospital list.
2. What happens when the cashless treatment at the network hospital costs more than my plan’s sum insured?
Generally, the remaining amount has to be paid by you in this case. However, if applicable under the Digit health insurance policy’s terms and conditions, you can also get the option where the insurer will refill your sum insured amount after exhaustion.
3. Can I get cashless treatment from a non-network hospital under the Digit health insurance?
No, you are not eligible for cashless treatment under a non-network hospital with Digit health insurance.
4. Where can I check the non-preferred Digit health insurance hospital list near me?
You can refer to the Digit health insurance hospital list for non-preferred hospitals near your location from their website.
5. When am I supposed to let my insurer know about planned hospitalisation for cashless treatment at a network hospital under the Digit health insurance plan?
You are supposed to inform your insurer about the planned hospitalisation process 72 hours in advance.
Digit Health Insurance Premium Calculator FAQs
1. Does the selected sum insured value affect premium estimation with the Digit health policy calculator?
Yes, the sum insured value affects the overall estimated premium price of your plan on the Digit health policy calculator.
2. Does age factor in when determining the estimated premium value of my health insurance plan with the Digit health insurance calculator?
Yes, the age of the insured is a very important factor involved in the process of determining the premium price of the plan.
3. Where can I get the Digit health insurance premium calculator on the internet?
You can visit the official website of the insurer to use Digit health insurance calculator online.
4. Does the Digit health insurance premium calculator require speaking with an insurance advisor?
No, with the Digit health insurance calculator, you are not required to talk to any insurance advisor and can use the tool at your own pace.
5. Does the Digit health insurance premium calculator provide accurate premium prices for insurance plans?
The Digit health insurance premium calculator is a tool that gives you a general estimated value on the plan prices, however, the actual payable premium may differ at the time of buying a policy. This is due to the various other determining factors such as lifestyle habits, BMI, cover type, add-ons, etc.
Digit Health Insurance Top Up Plans FAQs
1. Do I need to have an existing health insurance plan to get Digit health insurance top up coverage?
No. The deductible amount can be self-funded so you do not need to have existing health insurance coverage.
2. Is it mandatory to pay the deductible amount to get top up coverage?
Yes. The deductible amount must be paid for the top up plan to kick in.
3. Does Digit Health Care Plus Policy cover AYUSH therapy?
Yes. This policy covers AYUSH treatment expenses.
4. What is the minimum age requirement to purchase a Digit health top up policy?
The minimum age requirement to purchase a Digit health top up policy is 18 years.
5. What is the highest amount of tax deduction can I get from paying premiums of Digit health top up policy?
The highest amount of tax deduction I can get from paying premiums of Digit health top up policy is INR 1 lakh given that you are above the age of 60 years and you have another senior citizen on the same policy.
Digit Health Insurance Critical Illness Plans FAQs
1. How to purchase Digit health critical illness policy?
To purchase Digit health critical illness policy, you need to visit the company’s website and follow the application procedure. Alternatively, you can go over hundreds of health insurance plans on Paytm Insurance and purchase the one which best suits your needs from here.
2. Does Digit health critical illness cover my family?
Yes. Policyholders can get family coverage from Digit health critical illness plans.
3. Does Digit health insurance critical illness plan cover cancer treatment?
Yes. Digit health insurance critical illness plan covers cancer treatment.
4. Does Digit health insurance critical illness plan cover organ transplants?
Yes. Digit health insurance critical illness plan covers organ transplants.
5. How to intimate Digit health critical illness policy claims?
To intimate a critical illness policy claim from Digit, you need to contact it by calling 18002595956 or texting them on Whatsapp at 7026061234. You can also send them an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recent ArticlesView All
Regular medical checkups are beneficial to keep your health in check. You will get them free if you have healt...Read More
Arogya Sanjeevani is basic and inexpensive health insurance. Additionally, it offers the choice of obtaining a...Read More
You can't get the ideal value if you don't know what kinds of health insurance policies are available in India...Read More
Diabetes is a disorder when the body's capacity to metabolise blood glucose is impaired. The disease is classi...Read More