Plans starting at only ₹7/day*
New India Health Insurance Critical Illness Plans
Enter your details to buy Health Insurance
By proceeding, I agree to the Terms & Conditions
- No Spam calls. Promise
- Upto ₹75,000** Tax deduction under Sec 80D
- Instant Policy Issuance
New India Assurance Company is dedicated to providing the best services to its policyholders. To this end, the company offers various need-based insurance plans and coverages to meet your individual needs. New India Assurance health insurance critical illness plans offer complete coverage to you, your family and your dependents, including hospitalisation expenses, treatment costs and medical evacuations. This page will help you make an informed decision by offering a detailed description of New India critical illness policy variants.
New India Critical Illness Policy
New India Assurance health insurance critical illness plans provide comprehensive critical illness coverage. The insurer offers three such plans we are going to discuss later. These plans offer lifelong renewal options to the policyholders. All the entitled insured individuals are covered under the same floater policy and can avail the sum insured towards the hospitalization expenses.
Benefits of New India Critical Illness Insurance Policy
Here are the benefits offered by New India health critical illness cover over traditional critical illness coverage:
1. Comprehensive Cancer Cover
Cancer coverage is important, especially in the age we are living in. With the impacts of cancer being so widespread and harmful, it's necessary to have health insurance that includes essential cancer coverage. So, you can consider comprehensive yet affordable cancer coverage from New India Assurance health insurance critical illness plans.
Two dedicated cancer health insurance plans - Cancer Mediclaim Expenses – Group and New India Cancer Guard Policy - offer complete cancer coverage.
2. Surgery Second Opinion
Surgery is an important procedure of treatment for critical illnesses like cancer. But they are similarly expensive. Having a second opinion is important when you have to undergo surgery. This is because it helps you make an informed decision while choosing your treatment option.
For this reason, New India Cancer Guard Policy offers a surgery second opinion cover where you can go and consult your cancer treatment with a different surgeon or doctor if the medication prescribed by your initial doctor does not help improve your health condition.
3. Network Hospitals
Having a good network of hospitals is important. This is because, in case of any major medical emergency, it becomes very difficult to locate the right hospital that you might need. New India health insurance network hospital count of over 3,000 enhances your choice for cashless treatment.
4. Tax Benefits
Section 80D of the Income Tax Act offers tax breaks to policyholders paying their health insurance premiums. Section 80D provides tax benefits up to INR 25,000 for health insurance policies taken for an individual, spouse and dependent children. Policyholders who are above the age limit of 60 years are eligible for tax benefits subject to a maximum amount of INR 50,000. The total exemption you can claim amounts to INR 1 lakh.
Key Features of New India Health Insurance Critical Illness Cover
The health insurance industry is one of the most competitive in India. This means you can pick a plan that may not be good. It also means that you will have to spend time doing your research to find out about all the features and policies offered by your insurance company. Considering the hassles one may experience, here are the features of New India critical illness cover:
- New India Floater Mediclaim Policy offers critical care benefits equating to 10% of the sum insured.
- Cancer Mediclaim Expenses – Group offers group insurance coverage against cancer
- New India Cancer Guard Policy covers the family against cancer where each insured individual has their own sum insured.
New India Insurance Critical Illness Policy List
As one of the country’s leading general insurance providers, three New India Assurance health insurance critical illness plans provide complete coverage for critical illnesses. Policyholders can compare and evaluate the plans before buying the New India health insurance critical illness policy that best meets their budget and requirements.
1. Cancer Mediclaim Expenses – Group
|Min. Age Requirement
- Nursing costs
- Allopathic therapy
- Expenses for an emergency ambulance
- Fees for an anaesthetist, surgeon, consultant, or medical practitioner
- Blood, oxygen, anaesthetic, operation theatre fees, surgical equipment costs, and so forth.
2. New India Cancer Guard Policy
|INR 5-50 Lakh
|Min. Age Requirement
- In-patient hospitalisation for cancer
- Affected body part reconstruction
- Post-treatment follow-up
- Cancer care benefit
- Surgery second opinion
- Organ transplant expenses
- 58 day care procedures
- Pre-hospitalisation for 30 days
- Post-hospitalisation for 60 days
3. New India Floater Mediclaim Policy
|INR 2-15 Lakh
|Min. Age Requirement
|18 years for adults
Three months for children
Critical Illness Coverage
- Myocardial infarction
- Open chest CABG
- Open heart replacement or heart valve repair
- Specified severity coma
- Regular dialysis due to kidney failure
- Permanent symptoms due to stroke
- Major organ or bone marrow transplant
- Permanent limb paralysis
- Permanent symptoms due to motor neurone disease
- Persisting symptoms due to multiple sclerosis
New India Health Insurance Critical Illness Plans FAQs
1. How to buy New India Floater Mediclaim Policy?
To buy New India Floater Mediclaim Policy, visit the official New India Assurance website and go through the insurance application procedure. Alternatively, you can visit Paytm Insurance’s website. Here you can go over multiple health insurance plans and pick the one that suits your requirements.
2. Does Cancer Mediclaim Expenses – Group offer pre and post-hospitalisation expenses?
No. Cancer Mediclaim Expenses – Group policies only offer coverage for in-patient hospitalization expenses for cancer treatment.
3. Does the New India Assurance health critical illness policy cover AYUSH treatment?
Yes. AYUSH treatment coverage is provided by New India Floater Mediclaim Policy.
4. What is the policy term of New India Cancer Guard Policy?
New Cancer Guard Policy has a policy term of 1 year.
5. How to calculate premiums for the New India health critical illness insurance plans?
New India Assurance health insurance critical illness plans have a separate premium chart for each product. You can download the chart and calculate your premium amount based on your sum insured.
Recent ArticlesView All
Regular medical checkups are beneficial to keep your health in check. You will get them free if you have healt...Read More
Arogya Sanjeevani is basic and inexpensive health insurance. Additionally, it offers the choice of obtaining a...Read More
You can't get the ideal value if you don't know what kinds of health insurance policies are available in India...Read More
Diabetes is a disorder when the body's capacity to metabolise blood glucose is impaired. The disease is classi...Read More