Plans starting at only ₹7/day*
ICICI Lombard Health Insurance FAQs
Enter your details to buy Health Insurance
By proceeding, I agree to the Terms & Conditions
- No Spam calls. Promise
- Upto ₹75,000** Tax deduction under Sec 80D
- Instant Policy Issuance
ICICI Lombard Health Insurance FAQs
1. Is ICICI Lombard Health Insurance a trustworthy insurance company?
Yes, the company is very trusted. It has a high claim settlement ratio of 99%, and that again points towards the popularity of the company.
2. How to get a claim from ICICI Lombard Health Insurance?
The claim can be raised online. You can also call the insurance provider and inform them about your hospital stay if you have a cashless policy. For reimbursements, you need to fill the claim form and submit the documents. The claim will be settled very smoothly.
3. How can I contact ICICI Lombard Health Insurance?
There are many ways in which you can contact ICICI Lombard. You can call the toll-free telephone number, you can email the company or you can visit any branch.
4. Are family floater plans available from ICICI Lombard Health Insurance plan?
Yes, family health insurance plans are available from ICICI Lombard. You can cover the members of your family under a single plan. The family floater health plans from ICICI Lombard Health Insurance are very affordable as well, and that makes covering the whole family very easy and economical.
5. Is any Corona Virus protection available?
ICICI Lombard has recently launched the COVID 19 Protection Cover policy which is exclusively available for ailments related to COVID 19. The plan is available on a floater basis and offers coverage for all members of your family.
6. What tax benefits are available to the customers of ICICI Lombard Health Insurance?
You can get an income tax refund of up to INR 25,000 per year for the health insurance premium you pay. This is available under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act.
7. Are the ICICI Lombard Health Insurance plans available online?
Yes, you can get the ICICI Lombard health insurance plans online. The plans can be bought online at any time, from the comforts of your own home.
8. Is it easy to renew ICICI Lombard Health Insurance?
It is very easy to renew your ICICI Lombard health insurance plans. You can go online and complete the renewal process online. At the time of renewal, you can even add or drop riders. You can also add new family members such as newborn babies to the plan as well.
ICICI Lombard Health Insurance Renewal FAQs
1. Can ICICI Lombard insurance be renewed for a second year if a claim has already been made? Do I need to get checked out again for my health?
Yes, the policy may be renewed for a second year, and a fresh medical examination is not necessary at that time. When purchasing a policy, a medical examination is required only for individuals who are 46 years old or older and only once.
2. Do waiting periods apply if I raise the policy's sum insured at the moment of renewal?
Yes, new waiting periods would be applied based on how much the Sum Insured has really been increased during ICICI Lombard Health policy renewal. For instance, if the wait time for maternity care is three years, any expenditures covered by this coverage cannot be collected until three years have passed from the start of the policy.
3. What distinguishes the insurance start date from the date of joining?
The insurance start date and the joining date are the same for a first-time policy. The insurance start date and joining date will only differ upon renewal. While the insurance commences the day on which your renewal policy begins, the joining date is the day your initial policy with us began. The policy start date for ICICI Lombard health insurance renewal will be the later of the receipt date for the payment, the receipt date for the paperwork, or the renewal date.
4. When do I have to process my ICICI Lombard health insurance renewal?
On or before your policy's expiration date, you should renew it. After your insurance expires, ICICI Lombard gives you a grace period of 30 days during which you can renew it without having to submit a new application. You won't be protected from any illnesses or accidents during this time, yet the same policy may be kept. To ensure that you continue to get coverage, it is advisable to pay the ICICI Lombard health insurance renewal amount while your insurance is still in effect.
5. What are the exclusions to look out for at the time of renewal of ICICI Lombard health?
Here are some of the exclusions of ICICI Lombard to look out for:
- Any pre-existing condition for the duration specified below "pre-existing disease waiting period" from "salient features" above unless covered by an applicable extension or endorsement.
- Costs associated with self-inflicted harm (resulting from suicide, attempted suicide)
- Expenses related to or attributed to the misuse, abuse, or use of alcohol or drugs
- The price of eyewear, contact lenses, and dental work
- Medical costs associated with treatment of AIDS
- Treatment-related to or resulting from pregnancy, miscarriage, abortion, its effects, and congenital disorders
- Infertility examinations and in-vitro fertilisation therapies
- For a list of specific exclusions, please check the policy wordings of ICICI Lombard health insurance.
ICICI Lombard Health Insurance Claim Settlement FAQs
1. How is ICICI Lombard health insurance claim settlement ratio determined?
The following formula may be used to get the ICICI Lombard health insurance's claim settlement ratio: claim settlement ratio = (total number of approved claims/total number of received claims) times 100.
2. How can I make an ICICI Lombard cashless claim?
Get admitted to a network hospital, present your Identity card at the clinic desk, complete the pre-authorization form, and submit it to make a cashless claim. This will terrify the insurer regarding admittance. When your application has been accepted, you may start the cashless procedure, and ICICI Lombard will immediately pay all of your invoices.
3. How can I submit a reimbursement claim for one of ICICI Lombard health insurance's health insurance plans?
You must take the actions outlined below in order to submit a reimbursement claim under the ICICI Lombard health insurance policy:
- Enter a non-network hospital for treatment
- Take advantage of the necessary care and pay for it out of your own money
- Send the insurance company the invoices and paperwork
- The insurance provider will reimburse you for the costs spent if the claim is submitted in line with the terms and conditions of the health plan
4. What can I do if my ICICI Lombard claim is rejected?
You can still look for a resolution if your insurance denies your claim after you've submitted one. Examine your insurance documentation once more to get the rationale for the claim denial. Following are some actions you can take:
- Call the ICICI Lombard help desk or the TPA and give the outstanding information if your claim was denied owing to missing information. Keep a log of every conversation you have with the insurance for future reference.
- If your claim has been denied because of incomplete paperwork, submit any outstanding paperwork within the allotted time window. If your TPA assisted you in filing the claim, use their support to resubmit the missing documentation.
- If a claim is denied because treatment was medically unnecessary, this can happen. You can give precise medical information in this situation by offering a letter of support from your physician, an expert opinion, or even health research. In this situation, you may appeal the refusal of your healthcare insurance claim.
- If your claim is still rejected after performing the aforementioned actions and you're not happy with the rationale, you can submit a formal appeal to the Ombudsman. Within 30 days after getting an answer from the insurance carrier, you must take this action.
Health Booster, Arogya Sanjeevani Policy, Corona Kavach Policy, and Personal Accident Insurance are just a few of the health insurance plans offered by ICICI Lombard. These policies give consumers the much-needed financial support they require in case of medical crises.
5. What is the deadline for notifying ICICI Lombard health insurance of the hospitalisation?
You must notify ICICI Lombard health insurance a minimum of one or two days in advance of any planned hospitalisation. In contrast, you must notify the insurance company of an emergency hospitalisation within 24 hours after admission.
ICICI Lombard Health Insurance Policy Download FAQs
1. How to use a policy number to download an ICICI Lombard health insurance policy online?
The ICICI Lombard health insurance policy paperwork is now also accessible online once you've made a purchase. Visit ICICI Lombard health insurance's official website to obtain the ICICI Lombard health insurance policy download by policy number. Follow the instructions below to get the ICICI Lombard health insurance policy paper online:
- Go to the ICICI Lombard health insurance homepage and choose the “Login” tab in the upper right corner of the screen.
- After providing your email address and password, press the "Login" button. If necessary, provide your policy number.
- Details about your health insurance plan will be visible to you. To download your ICICI Lombard health insurance policy, click the "Download" button.
2. How can I reach the company about my ICICI Lombard health insurance policy download?
You can utilize the online procedure to obtain your ICICI Lombard health insurance download policy but if you run into difficulties, you can always reach out to the customer care of the company through their 1800 2666(Available 24 x 7) toll-free number, or you can send an email at email@example.com.
3. Do I need to have a hard copy of the ICICI Lombard health insurance download policy?
The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) has requested insurance providers, notably ICICI Lombard health insurance, to digitise the whole process in order to make purchasing health insurance easy during the coronavirus epidemic. This implies that you do not need to carry a copy of your ICICI Lombard health insurance download policy in physical form or a duplicate copy. It facilitates the procedure better.
4. How can I purchase a hard copy of my ICICI Lombard health insurance policy?
It is straightforward to obtain a physical copy of The ICICI Lombard health insurance download policy. You can discuss your needs with the appropriate person by going to the ICICI Lombard health insurance location that is closest to you. The executives there will ask you for certain information, and they will work with you to receive the physical copy of your insurance policy within the allotted period. Keep in mind that when you acquire a policy, ICICI Lombard health insurance also delivers a printed copy of your policy documents to the address you specified. If you can't locate it, you may also print your health insurance plan by going to the insurance company's official website and inputting your policy number.
5. How do I change the document for my ICICI Lombard health policy document download online?
Once you acquire your ICICI Lombard policy paperwork, whether it be in hard copy, pdf file, or another format, you should read it carefully to make sure there are no errors and to confirm that you understand the terms and conditions of the policy. If you discover a mismatch or error in the terms of your ICICI Lombard health insurance policy. Then, be sure to have it fixed as quickly as you can to prevent any problems when it comes time to settle the claim. You may contact ICICI Lombard health insurance's customer service representatives for assistance with the same by contacting the toll-free line 1800 2666 between 8 AM and 11 PM. They're accessible every day of the week.
ICICI Lombard Health Insurance Benefits FAQs
1. Do ICICI Lombard health insurance plan benefits include coverage for accidental death and total permanent disability?
The Personal Protect Policy from ICICI Lombard provides insurance for accidental death and total disability (PTD).
2. Is maternity coverage included under ICICI Lombard health insurance plan benefits?
A family floater of the ICICI Lombard policy offers an add-on maternity protection option. Following 36 months of uninterrupted coverage since the beginning of the insurance, the coverage becomes available. If you and your spouse are both insured by the same family floater policy, the benefit is accessible to you both.
3. What coverage options are available with ICICI Lombard convalescence benefits?
If the insured is hospitalised for any injury or illness covered by the policy for at least 10 consecutive days, a benefit payment of INR 10,000 will be made once throughout the ICICI Lombard health insurance policy period.
4. What advantages do ICICI Lombard health cards offer?
A health card from ICICI Lombard provides the third-party administrator's contact information and phone number (TPA). You can phone these numbers in case of a medical emergency for questions, explanations, and to request any kind of support. Additionally, you must present your health card to the hospital.
5. What tax benefits of ICICI Lombard health insurance do I receive for paying premiums?
The premium you spend for yourself, your wife, your dependent children, and your dependent parents is deductible under section 80D up to a maximum of INR 25,000 (INR 50,000 for those who are 60 years of age or over), minus service tax and education cess. According to the current tax laws, which are susceptible to change as tax laws change, this deduction is allowable.
ICICI Lombard Health Network Hospitals FAQs
1. What is ICICI Lombard cashless hospitalisation?
You can receive hospital care without paying cash or engaging in a direct monetary transaction with the facility. You and your household are able to concentrate on your care and rehabilitation without having to worry about mounting expenses. All of your medical costs are covered by ICICI Lombard under cashless mediclaim.
2. What is the number of ICICI Lombard health insurance cashless network hospitals that I have access to?
No matter which plans you select, the ICICI Lombard health insurance offers you access to more than 11,400 cashless network hospitals.
3. What are the benefits of cashless hospitalisation provided in ICICI Lombard health network hospitals?
The benefits of cashless hospitalisation provided in ICICI Lombard health network hospitals are:
- Cash Burden Ease: Hospitalization without payment is very advantageous in emergency cases. You won't have to worry about money while receiving treatment thanks to cashless mediclaim.
- Broad Protection: Through ICICI Lombard cashless mediclaim, you are insured for the duration of your hospital stay, and a specialized Third Party Administrator (TPA) is always on hand to address any issues.
- Tax Advantages: You receive tax benefits in addition to receiving top-notch care without having to pay out-of-pocket since your health insurance is exempt from taxes under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act of 1961.
4. Can I avail coronavirus treatment ICICI Lombard health insurance hospital list near me?
Yes, health insurance providers are required to provide coverage for the coronavirus in their current health policies by the IRDAI (regulatory organisation for insurance). Like any other medical condition, the COVID-19 claim procedure for ICICI Lombard is straightforward. The COVID-19-related costs for both pre-and post-hospitalization charges are covered under the coverage. You must visit this page online to find the ICICI Lombard health insurance network hospitals lists near me. You may phone the authorities and inquire or you can look up which hospitals provide the therapy.
5. How can I get in contact with the ICICI Lombard health insurance help desk for my reimbursement claim?
You can get in touch with the ICICI Lombard health insurance help desk regarding your reimbursement claim through their 24x7 toll-free number 1800 2666 to intimate the claim or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.
ICICI Lombard Health Insurance Premium Calculator FAQs
1. What advantages does the calculator for ICICI Lombard health mediclaim premium calculator offer?
Using the ICICI Lombard health insurance premium calculator has the following advantages:
- ICICI Lombard health insurance premium calculator simplifies the challenging health insurance premium computations.
- It provides you with a ballpark figure for the ICICI Lombard health insurance premium, you'll have to pay for a specific health insurance plan.
- You may adjust your options and see the premium change by using the ICICI Lombard health insurance premium calculator.
2. What influences the ICICI Lombard health insurance premium?
When purchasing health insurance from ICICI Lombard, there are a few factors that might affect your premium expenses. Age, geography, cigarette usage, plan type, pre-existing medical issues, family history, etc. are some of these factors.
3. How are the premiums for the ICICI Lombard health insurance policies for parents calculated?
The cost of ICICI Lombard health insurance's parent health insurance policies is determined by a number of variables, including age, pre-existing conditions, additional coverage choices, sum covered, policy duration, and others.
4. How may the premiums for ICICI Lombard health insurance policies be reduced?
The following are some suggestions you may use to reduce the cost of ICICI Lombard health insurance premium:
- Pick deductibles carefully.
- Choose health insurance policies with a co-payment provision.
- To get comprehensive coverage, pick top-up health insurance options.
- Instead of purchasing an individual health insurance plan, consider a family floater plan.
5. I misplaced my premium receipts. Is a second premium receipt provided by ICICI Lombard?
Yes, ICICI Lombard is able to give you extra premium receipts. You may receive the duplicate of the premium invoice by calling the company at 1800 2666(Available 24 x 7) or by logging into your account on the ICICI Lombard website and downloading it there.
ICICI Lombard Health Insurance Top Up Plans FAQs
1. What is the highest sum insured I can get from ICICI Lombard health insurance top up plans?
The highest sum insured amount is INR 50 lakhs.
2. What is the lowest deductible amount can I opt for from the ICICI Lombard health top up policy?
The lowest deductible amount is INR 3 lakhs.
3. Does the ICICI Lombard health top up cover include alternative treatment?
Yes. The policy offers AYUSH treatment coverage.
4. Is critical illness cover included within ICICI Lombard health insurance top up plans?
Yes. Critical illness coverage is available as an add-on option.
5. How much time does the claim settlement take for ICICI Lombard health insurance top up plans?
Cashless claims are settled in 4 hours and reimbursement claims are settled in 14 working days.
ICICI Lombard Health Insurance Critical Illness Plans FAQs
1. Do ICICI Lombard health insurance critical illness plans cover cancer?
Yes. Cancer is included in the ICICI Lombard health critical illness cover.
2. Does ICICI Lombard health critical illness policy require pre-acceptance medical tests?
ICICI Lombard health insurance critical illness plans only mandate pre-acceptance healthcare tests for policyholders over the age of 45 years.
3. Does the ICICI Lombard health critical illness policy cover maternity expenses?
No, maternity expenses are not covered by ICICI Lombard health insurance critical illness plans.
4. How to buy an ICICI Lombard health critical illness policy?
You can purchase an ICICI Lombard health critical illness policy by visiting the company's website and following the application instructions. Alternatively, you can do so through the Paytm Insurance website.
5. Does ManipalCigna Critical Illness Plans also offer coverage for the entire family?
Individual and family coverage are both offered by ManipalCigna critical illness plans.
Buy Insurance Plans
Recent ArticlesView All
Measures for Preventing Cancer
By choosing healthy lifestyle habits, you can reduce your risk of developing some common types of cancer. Lear...Read More
Understanding Free Health Check-up Coverage of Your Health I...
Regular medical checkups are beneficial to keep your health in check. You will get them free if you have healt...Read More
Let’s Scan Arogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance Plan
Arogya Sanjeevani is basic and inexpensive health insurance. Additionally, it offers the choice of obtaining a...Read More
Star Health Insurance Family Health Optima Policy
Star Family Health Optima Health Insurance Policy provides extensive coverage for the entire family under a si...Read More
Vitamins and Minerals That Boost Metabolism
Leaner people are associated with a high basal metabolic rate. However, Vitamin B and D, and minerals such as ...Read More
Different Types of Health Insurance Policies Offered in Indi...
You can't get the ideal value if you don't know what kinds of health insurance policies are available in India...Read More
Healthy Foods That Protect Your Liver
The liver is the body's detoxification system that filters out toxins and is responsible for numerous vital fu...Read More
Understanding the Types and Treatments of Diabetes
Diabetes is a disorder when the body's capacity to metabolise blood glucose is impaired. The disease is classi...Read More
Manage Anxiety Easily with These Tips
The constant feeling of something going wrong can wreak havoc on one’s mind and affect daily tasks. However, h...Read More