Plans starting at only ₹7/day*
Cholamandalam MS Health Insurance FAQs
Enter your details to buy Health Insurance
By proceeding, I agree to the Terms & Conditions
- No Spam calls. Promise
- Upto ₹75,000** Tax deduction under Sec 80D
- Instant Policy Issuance
Cholamandalam MS Health Insurance FAQs
1. What is the incurred claim ratio of Cholamandalam MS Health Insurance Company?
The incurred claim ratio of Cholamandalam MS Health Insurance is 35%. This is a satisfactory figure. If you have all your documents in place and your claim is legitimate, the claim will be processed smoothly without any hassles whatsoever.
2. What is the claim process in Cholamandalam MS Health Insurance?
If you have a cashless claim, you need to inform the insurer and then the TPA at the hospital. It is a quick and easy process. For a reimbursement claim, you need to submit the claim form to the insurance provider along with all the documents needed. The insurer will verify the claim and once found suitable, will reimburse the amount.
3. Does Cholamandalam MS Health Insurance have a good customer support cell?
Yes, the company has a very good and efficient customer support cell that you can reach out to if you have any problems related to your health insurance cover.
4. Are family health plans available from Cholamandalam MS?
Cholamandalam MS Health Insurance sells both individuals as well as family health insurance plans at very reasonable rates.
5. Can I get insurance for CoronaVirus?
Yes, Coronavirus covers are available currently under the mediclaim plans from Cholamandalam MS Health Insurance.
6. Does the company sell health insurance online?
You can easily and quickly buy a Cholamandalam MS Health Insurance plan online. The purchase can be made on the company’s official website or through the website of a reliable insurance aggregator.
7. What is the renewal process for Cholamandalam MS Health Insurance policies?
It is very easy to renew the health plans from Chola MS. You can renew the plans online. Else, you can visit any branch office of the company and get it renewed there as well. Alternatively, you could ask your insurance agent to help you with the renewal as well.
Cholamandalam MS Health Insurance Renewal FAQs
1. Is there any other way for my Cholamandalam MS health insurance renewal online other than through the company’s portal?
Yes, you can always get in contact with the customer care of the company to get your policy renewed with their guidance. You can call 1800-208-9100, its toll-free number, and ask any queries you may have. Or you can message to 7305234433 through your Whatsapp number regarding your Cholamandalam MS health insurance online payment.
2. During the term of my Cholamandalam MS health insurance, may I adjust the sum assured?
Since policies from health insurance providers like Cholamandalam MS do not permit changes throughout the policy term, it is advised to make changes to the sum covered upon Cholamandalam MS health policy renewal.
3. What takes place If the renewal of Cholamandalam MS health premium isn't paid during the grace period?
The insurance plan may be terminated for non-payment if the insurance rate is not paid within the grace period. This would indicate that no claims could be made. The benefits earned in the previous policy year will not be carried forward either. You will need to buy a new policy, serve the waiting period clause all over again, etc.
4. What is the Cholamandalam MS health insurance renewal waiting period?
Prior to filing a claim to Cholamandalam MS, there is a "waiting time" that applies to all health insurance coverage. According to the policyholder and the kind of insurance, this waiting period can be anywhere between one and four years. The waiting period for a specific sickness and other consistent benefits will be lost if the insurance plan is not renewed. The waiting period will thus start all over again, including the initial 30-day period from the policy inception date and disease-specific periods.
5. What is the grace period provided for Cholamandalam MS health insurance renewal?
Cholamandalam MS health insurance provides a grace period of up to 30 days.
Cholamandalam MS Health Insurance Claim Settlement FAQs
1. Where may I go for help with a Cholamandalam MS plan claim-related?
You may reach Cholamandalam MS via phone at their 24/7 customer service number 1800-208-9100 or by email at email@example.com if you need assistance with a claim.
2. Is a 24-hour hospital stay a requirement to be qualified for a claim?
Yes, any policyholder must be admitted to the hospital for a minimum of 24 hours in order to file a claim. A claim is only taken into account when a patient is admitted for fewer than 24 hours for daycare treatments or operations.
3. Is there a limit to the number of claims that can be filed annually for Chola MS?
No, there isn't a cap on the total amount of claims that can be filed annually for Chola MS. The amount from the total insurance policy balance will only be reduced with each claim that is made and considered.
4. Where can I get the list of paperwork needed to submit a claim for Cholamandalam health insurance?
Consult your Cholamandalam health insurance policy paperwork to get the list of necessary claim papers. To learn more about the necessary claim paperwork, you may also get in touch with the insurance company's customer service department.
5. How soon do I need to inform the Cholamandalam MS's network hospitals about the hospitalisation?
If you want to use the cashless facility at the Cholamandalam MS network hospital, you must notify them 48 hours before an emergency hospitalisation and 72 hours before a scheduled admission.
Cholamandalam MS Health Insurance Policy Download FAQs
1. How can I benefit from downloading a copy of my Cholamandalam MS health insurance download policy?
The answer is that the policyholder needs to keep the downloaded copy. Reading the material provided by the company carefully will help you grasp the legal requirements and credential requirements for any potential claims.
2. How do I get in contact with customer service regarding my queries about my Cholamandalam MS health insurance policy download?
The process to download your policy documentation has been made quite easy to attain but if you require any guidance, you can always call their toll-free health services number 1800-208-9100 and ask them about whatever you need help with. You can just as well text them through their WhatsApp service number 7305234433, or their email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. What does my Cholamandalam MS health insurance download policy contain?
The Cholamandalam MS health insurance download policy should contain all your coverage specifics, claims, wordings, co-payments, deductibles, renewal timing, etc.
4. Does my Cholamandalam MS health insurance download policy contain the exclusions of my coverage?
Yes, Your Cholamandalam MS health insurance download policy will provide you with the details about your inclusions and exclusions. Here are some of the basic exclusions when it comes to Cholamandalam MS health insurance:
- Vaccinations: Health insurance policies do not cover vaccinations unless they are a necessary component of post-bite care, as in the case of rabies.
- Sports injuries: Sports injuries are those brought on by participating in sports or other types of adventure.
- War: Illnesses or injuries brought on by actions of war. Even if internal or foreign wars may not be preventable, the reason is not covered by health insurance programmes. Any revolution, mutiny, or martial law-related injuries are not covered.
- Injuries due to immoral acts: Any type of health insurance policy will not provide coverage for injuries sustained while breaking the law or engaging in an immoral act.
- Self-inflicted injuries: It's against the law to intentionally cause harm to yourself, and insurance plans don't pay for the cost of treating these injuries.
- Assisting in defence operations: The health insurance policies do not provide coverage for injuries sustained while participating in defence operations like Air Force, Army, or Navy operations.
- Venereal or sexually transmitted diseases: Your Chola MS insurance policy doesn't include coverage for sexually transmitted or venereal diseases.
Cosmetic or obesity surgery expenses
: Chola MS General Insurance does not provide coverage for these elective procedures. If the insured person gets into an accident, plastic surgery might or might not be covered.
5. Are modifications to the Cholamandalam MS health Policy document downloaded online permissible?
Yes. By sending a letter to the insurer outlining your desire for change in your policy along with good justification, you can do so. First, make sure to process the Cholamandalam MS health insurance policy download by policy number and check what modifications it requires then send the email. This letter may be delivered to the nearby Chola MS branch office. You can also send an email outlining the necessary policy modifications.
Cholamandalam Health Insurance Benefits FAQs
1. Are costs associated with in-home hospitalisation reimbursed by Cholamandalam MS plans?
Per insured individual and per insurance year, domiciliary hospitalisation costs reimbursement falls under the Cholamandalam MS health insurance plan benefits for a maximum of 7 days.
2. Are there any cumulative bonuses available under Cholamandalam MS health insurance plan benefits?
Yes, Cholamandalam MS health insurance benefits provide a cumulative bonus of 5% of the insured amount provided for each year without a claim. The bonus can only be given for a maximum of 50% of the insured amount.
3. Do Cholamandalam MS health insurance policies cover pre- and post-hospitalization expenses?
Yes. Under any of the benefits of Cholamandalam MS health insurance, the insurance will cover any medical costs spent between 30 days before being admitted to the hospital and 60 days after being released. Plans differ with regard to this pre- and post-hospitalization time frame.
4. Do any of the health plans offered by Chola MS Insurance Company provide hospital cash benefits?
Yes, Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Company offers a unique plan called Chola Hospital Cash Healthline to give clients access to hospital cash benefits.
5. Which services are excluded from Cholamandalam MS health insurance policies?
The following exclusions are not available to policyholders of Cholamandalam MS Health Insurance's health insurance plans:
- War-like Conditions-No coverage is provided for treating illnesses or injuries resulting from acts of war, including invasions, atrocities committed by foreign foes, uprisings, mutinies, and the imposition of martial law.
- Alcohol or Drug Abuse-The insurer will not pay for injuries or illnesses brought on by the consumption of alcohol, tobacco products, illegal drugs, or narcotic medications, or by their misuse or abuse.
- Self-Harming- The company will not pay for the treatment of any injuries or illnesses an insured person suffers as a result of engaging in or trying any act of self-harm or attempted suicide.
- Cosmetic or plastic surgery-Unless necessary due to traumatic injury, the insurer will not pay for medical expenses associated with plastic surgery, cosmetic treatments, any aesthetic procedure, burns, etc.
- Sexually Transmitted Disease-The insurance company will not give reimbursement for the treatment of any sexually transmitted diseases.
The aforementioned exclusions and inclusions may differ from one Cholamandalam MS Health Insurance plan to another.
Cholamandalam MS Health Network Hospitals FAQs
1. What is a Cholamandalam MS network hospital?
Cholamandalam MS network hospitals have agreements with the company to make cashless benefits available to insured people as needed. In order to assist you, the injured, with the payment of medical bills, these network hospitals are in direct touch with the insurance companies. In order to provide accessibility and convenience for the insured, an insurance provider typically has a large and extended network of such hospitals. These facilities are frequently referred to as cashless network hospitals.
2. How many network hospitals can I avail of that are partnered with the Cholamandalam MS health insurance?
Regardless of the coverage, you will have access to 9,500+ network hospitals under Cholamandalam MS health insurance. It will depend on your location as to how many options you have available.
3. How do I find the Cholamandalam MS Health Insurance Network Hospitalsl list near me?
You can call customer care and ask them, or message them through their WhatsApp number or you can go to their official page and scroll down to find the Cholamandalam MS health insurance hospital lists according to your area, or city. You will have an easy option to locate the network hospital near you by just putting your city, area or hospital name.
4. What is an emergency hospitalisation in Cholamandalam MS network hospitals?
This kind of hospitalisation request is typically required in the event of an accident or an emergency medical admission due to illness. After the policyholder is hospitalised, the household members are required to get in touch with Chola MS, the health insurance company. After that, the authorization form must be submitted within 24 hours with all fields completed.
5. What happens if I am admitted to a hospital that is not in the network of Cholamandalam MS health insurance hospital lists and hence not covered by my insurance?
A network hospital is one where insured policyholders can receive healthcare at a discounted price. The non-network hospital is therefore the exact opposite of it. If you were to be admitted to one of these hospitals, you would be required to cover the entire first tab. You must submit all the necessary paperwork, bills, and reports to the Cholamandalam MS after your hospitalisation and discharge, then wait for the approval.
ManipalCigna Health Insurance Premium Calculator FAQs
1. Are Cholamandalam MS health insurance premiums affordable?
The best way to know whether your premiums for Cholamandalam MS health insurance policies are affordable or not is to use the premium calculator online. This device will help in letting you know the premiums for your health plans.
2. What are the fundamental components that Cholamandalam MS health insurance plans base their premium value on?
The following are some of the factors that affect how much Cholamandalam MS health insurance premium costs:
- Amount insured
- Policy phrase
- Medical background
- The insured's age
- Members in number
3. Does Cholamandalam MS provide its clients with a reduction in the premium amount?
Yes, Cholamandalam MS health insurance company offers a variety of discounts to its customers, including:
- Discounts on long-term policy purchases are available, including 6% for 2-year policies and 12% for 3-year policies.
- Discount for floater premium dependent on the age of the family member who is the senior-most.
- Decrease based on location, wherein insured people from cities in Tier 2 are qualified to receive a 10% premium discount.
4. How do I pay the monthly fees for my Cholamandalam MS health-care plans?
Cholamandalam MS health insurance premium can be paid in a variety of ways, including cash, checks, credit or debit cards, or online payment gateways.
5. What is the benefit of the women's health insurance plan from Cholamandalam MS ?
Some of the major benefits of the woman's health insurance plan from Cholamandalam MS include:
- Comprehensive coverage
- An insured amount of up to INR 25 lakh
- Lifetime renewability,hassle-free claim processing
- Long-term plan purchase discounts
- Cashless payment options at 9,500+ network hospitals
- 10% premium discounts for insured individuals living in Tier 2 locations
- Cumulative bonuses
- Coverage for maternity expenses and newborn baby coverage
Cholamandalam MS Health Insurance Top Up Plans FAQs
1. Is pre-acceptance medical screening necessary to buy Cholamandalam health top up plan?
Pre-acceptance medical tests are not required for customers under the age of 55 years. For people who are 55 years old or above, a medical test is mandatory before policy acceptance.
2. Can I buy a top up policy for my family living in another state?
Yes. You can buy a top up policy for my family living in another state. Please contact the company for further details.
3. What is the minimum age requirement to be eligible for the Cholamandalam health top up plan?
The minimum age requirement to be eligible for the Cholamandalam MS top up plan is 3 months for dependent children and 18 years for adults.
4. Does Cholamandalam health top up plan cover domiciliary treatment expenses?
Yes. Cholamandalam health top up plan covers domiciliary treatment expenses.
5. How to intimate a Cholamandalam health top up plan claim?
Intimate a Cholamandalam MS top up plan claim by visiting the website and navigating to the ‘claims’ section. There, you need to select ‘health insurance claims’ and then click on ‘Intimate a claim’. All there’s left for you now is to provide your policy number and date of birth. Once done, you can confirm the policy details to finish your claim intimation process.
Cholamandalam MS Health Insurance Critical Illness Plans FAQs
1. Can I get Cholamandalam MS health insurance critical Illness plans for my family?
Yes. Cholamandalam MS health insurance critical illness policy can be purchased to cover your family.
2. Is a pre-acceptance test necessary for Cholamandalam MS health insurance critical illness plans?
Cholamandalam MS health insurance critical illness policy requires pre-acceptance medical screening when the policyholder is 55 years old or older. Policyholders below that age do not have to undergo medical tests.
3. Does Cholamandalam MS health insurance critical Illness policy offer lifelong renewal?
Yes. Cholamandalam MS health insurance critical illness policy provides lifelong renewals.
4. Cholamandalam MS health insurance critical Illness policy offers alternative treatment cover.
No. Cholamandalam MS health critical illness cover includes allopathy treatments only.
5. What are the exclusions under the Cholamandalam health insurance critical illness plans?
The exclusions listed under the Cholamandalam health insurance critical illness policy are as follows:
- Pre-existing diseases
- Treatment during the initial waiting term of 90 days
- Self-inflicted injuries
- Substance abuse
- Death during the survival period
- Partial kidney function loss
- Reversible cardiac conditions
- Hospitalisation consumables
Recent ArticlesView All
Regular medical checkups are beneficial to keep your health in check. You will get them free if you have healt...Read More
Arogya Sanjeevani is basic and inexpensive health insurance. Additionally, it offers the choice of obtaining a...Read More
You can't get the ideal value if you don't know what kinds of health insurance policies are available in India...Read More
Diabetes is a disorder when the body's capacity to metabolise blood glucose is impaired. The disease is classi...Read More