Plans starting at only ₹7/day*
HDFC ERGO Insurance Renewal
Enter your details to buy Health Insurance
By proceeding, I agree to the Terms & Conditions
- No Spam calls. Promise
- Upto ₹75,000** Tax deduction under Sec 80D
- Instant Policy Issuance
The coverage for your medical treatment and hospitalization bills under the HDFC ERGO health insurance policy depends on its successful renewal. HDFC ERGO health insurance policies are based on a set duration, and you will have to pay the premium to renew it before the respective term validity expires. You can do HDFC ERGO health insurance renewal by following the easy-to-follow guidelines.
You can either renew your existing health care plan with HDFC ERGO by visiting its local branch near you or avail of the online option and have your HDFC ERGO health insurance renewal done within a few minutes. The policy renewal procedure and its benefits are all discussed further in this article.
HDFC ERGO Health Insurance Policy Online Renewal Process
Follow these steps to complete HDFC ERGO health insurance renewal online process successfully:
- Visit the official HDFC ERGO health insurance website.
- Go to the ‘renew’ section, find the ‘health insurance’ option and then click on it.
- You will be required to log in by entering either the existing policy number, the registered email ID or the registered phone number with your HDFC ERGO plan.
- Proceed ahead by clicking on ‘renew now’ and check the coverage details of your plan
- When ready, move to the HDFC ERGO health insurance online payment section and pay for the renewal.
- The details of the HDFC ERGO health insurance renewal online payment and the policy papers will be sent to your registered email address within a short time.
There’s another way of online renewal of HDFC ERGO health insurance policy. In this method, you can easily get your renewal HDFC ERGO health policy completed through the PayTM application.
The Offline Procedure of HDFC ERGO Health Insurance Policy Renewal
In case you want to get your existing health insurance plan renewed offline, you can visit the nearest HDFC ERGO health insurance branch office. You can also contact the trained executives at HDFC ERGO at 022-6234-6234 / 0120-6234-6234 for anything related to the renewal of an existing health insurance policy.
Benefits of Renewing HDFC ERGO Health Insurance Policy
There are several benefits you can be eligible for by completing your HDFC ERGO health insurance renewal on time:
1. Avoid Waiting Period
Whenever you buy a new HDFC ERGO health insurance policy, there’s always a waiting period associated with the plan. Until this waiting period expires, you will not be able to enjoy the health insurance benefits included within the policy. This can be a nuisance as some coverage types, like the cover of pre-existing ailments or maternity benefits, can take up to three or four years of a waiting period, beginning from the date of the policy initiation. But with the HDFC ERGO health insurance renewal on time, your waiting period would either reduce or won’t apply.
2. No-claim Bonus
As a policyholder, you can earn many exciting benefits with your HDFC ERGO health insurance policy, including a no-claim bonus (NCB). The NCB is a unique kind of bonus that insurance companies offer to the policyholder for staying healthy and not making any claims within a policy year. This special bonus increases with each following year when the policyholder does not make a health insurance claim. This allows them improved coverage within the same price point.
3. Retain Continued Benefits
If you renew your HDFC ERGO health insurance policy within the stipulated time, you will be eligible for various benefits. These benefits include NCB, free health care check-ups, etc., which are offered only if you renew your health insurance policy on time and without a break.
4. Improving the Existing Plan
At the time of HDFC ERGO health renewal, you can make preferred adjustments to your existing plan. This allows you to shape your health insurance plan on HDFC ERGO health policy renewal. This is the time when you can make an addition or removal of members under your current health insurance plan. You can also upgrade your policy to an advanced coverage plan or port it to a new insurer in case you are not satisfied with the current service.
5. Tax Benefits
If you make your timely HDFC ERGO health renewal without causing the policy to lapse, you can enjoy the annual tax deduction benefit under section 80D of the Income Tax Act 1961. Under this act, you can save up to INR 1,00,000 each year for paying premiums on your health insurance policy for yourself, your spouse, your dependent children and parents. You can have this outstanding benefit by renewing your HDFC ERGO health insurance policy. However, failing to do so and causing the policy to lapse will make you lose out on such an amazing concession.
6. Avoid Financial Vulnerability
The HDFC ERGO health insurance policy allows you to be financially covered during a medical or health-related intricacy. With this health care plan, you can put your mind at ease regarding the issue of covering treatment bills, as the insurance company will either pay for them on your behalf or reimburse the sum after you file for the respective claim. Failing to renew your HDFC ERGO health insurance policy on time, even within your provided grace period, will cause your plan to lapse. This means you will no longer be covered under the health insurance policy and can make insurance claims for treatment and medical costs. So, make sure to do your HDFC ERGO health insurance renewal on time and let your coverage against unforeseen medical emergencies continue.
Things to Keep in Mind During HDFC ERGO Health Policy Renewal
- The HDFC ERGO health insurance renewal procedure is very easy to follow and complete. The online procedure is very easy and just takes a few minutes. So, you can easily renew your plan without worrying about making your policy lapse.
It is recommended to get it done before the plan expires. However, you can get up to 30 days of the grace period, beginning from the expiry date of the plan, where you can renew your expired policy and retain the accumulated bonus and benefits.
- The HDFC ERGO health policy renewal is the key time to make changes to your plan. You can upgrade, change the sum insured value, take on add-ons, port your plan to a new insurance provider, add or remove new members to the insurance plan, or make a lot of other important decisions.
So do not miss out on renewing your health care plan. Otherwise, you will have to apply for a new one and go through the policy initiation and waiting period once again.
- You can easily get your HDFC ERGO health insurance renewal online and offline, so choose whatever is convenient for you and have it renewed, preferably a month or a week before the plan’s expiry.
The Bottom Line
Renewing an HDFC ERGO health care plan is paramount given its utility when claiming in times of medical emergencies. It also makes the job of taking care of this matter a lot easier, as all you are required to do is renew the policy through a simple renewal procedure. You will be able to maintain your mental peace regarding financial assistance during a medical emergency. There are plenty of benefits associated with renewing your policy, like getting NCB, cutting out on waiting periods, tax savings, free health check-ups, etc., which makes this whole lot necessary. So make sure to get your HDFC ERGO health insurance renewal done as per time and avoid making the policy lapse.
HDFC ERGO Insurance Renewal FAQs
1. When is the suggested time to get my HDFC ERGO health insurance renewal done?
The suggested time to get your HDFC ERGO health insurance renewal done would be a week to 30 days before policy expiration.
2. Can I lose out on free health check-ups if I fail to renew my HDFC ERGO health insurance?
Yes, the free health check-up is awarded within 60 days of getting your policy renewed, which means you can lose out on that if you fail to do so.
3. Can I get my HDFC ERGO health insurance policy portable without losing my continued benefits?
Yes, your health insurance policy is portable without losing your continued benefits.
4. Does the HDFC ERGO offer a grace period to renew my expired health insurance policy?
Yes, a grace period of up to 30 days is available to renew your expired HDFC ERGO health insurance policy. Check with your policy documents for more information on this matter.
5. How long does the renewal of HDFC ERGO health insurance online take?
It takes a few minutes to do your HDFC ERGO health insurance renewal online.
Recent ArticlesView All
Regular medical checkups are beneficial to keep your health in check. You will get them free if you have healt...Read More
Arogya Sanjeevani is basic and inexpensive health insurance. Additionally, it offers the choice of obtaining a...Read More
You can't get the ideal value if you don't know what kinds of health insurance policies are available in India...Read More
Diabetes is a disorder when the body's capacity to metabolise blood glucose is impaired. The disease is classi...Read More