Plans starting at only ₹7/day*
IFFCO-Tokio Health Insurance FAQs
Enter your details to buy Health Insurance
By proceeding, I agree to the Terms & Conditions
- No Spam calls. Promise
- Upto ₹75,000** Tax deduction under Sec 80D
- Instant Policy Issuance
IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance FAQs
1. How can I acquire medical insurance from IFFCO Tokio?
You may get IFFCO-Tokio health insurance by visiting its official website and filling out the application form, or you can go to the Paytm Insurance website and browse through the various IFFCO-Tokio insurance policies presently available to you before purchasing the plan that best meets your requirements.
2. Is maternity covered under IFFCO Tokio health insurance?
IFFCO-Tokio health insurance does not cover maternity expenses traceable to childbirth. These include complex deliveries and caesarean sections. However, ectopic pregnancy is covered under IFFCO-Tokio health insurance. Miscarriage is also not covered unless it’s due to an accident.
3. Does IFFCO Tokio offer insurance plans for kids?
No. There are no specific insurance plans for kids. Kids can join their parent’s coverage under a family floater insurance plan.
4. Is COVID covered under IFFCO Tokio health insurance?
Yes. Corona Kavach and Corona Rakshak insurance plans from IFFCO-Tokio provide the policyholder with specialised COVID coverage. Even its regular health insurance plans cover COVID.
5. Can I increase the amount of insurance?
Yes, while renewing your coverage, you can request a raise in the amount of the sum insured. It will lead to an increase in the sum insured amount. So, check how much the premium hike is before requesting a sum insured rise on renewal.
6. What happens if my IFFCO Tokio health insurance coverage expires while I am hospitalised?
The coverage remains halted if your IFFCO-Tokio health insurance expires. So, you will need to pay for the treatment cost. It’s therefore advisable to pay the renewal premium on or before the scheduled date to avoid such a situation.
7. What is the minimum age required to be eligible for IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance?
The age restrictions vary from one IFFCO-Tokio health insurance policy to another. So, you must check the policy brochure to ensure your eligibility, depending on your age.
8. Where to find the list of IFFCO Tokio network hospitals?
You can check the list of IFFCO-Tokio network hospitals on the website of the insurer.
9. How to connect IFFCO Tokio?
Policyholders can contact IFFCO-Tokio at 1800 103 5499 or send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Where can I find the nearest IFFCO Tokio branch office?
Click here to find your local IFFCO-Tokio branch office.
IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance Renewal FAQs
1. Can I process my IFFCO-Tokio Health Insurance renewal online and pay for it?
Yes, you can make IFFCO-Tokio Health Insurance renewal online. You can do so on the official website of the insurer, and Whatsapp or email your renewal request. Besides, there are additional offline payment choices available. You can pay in person at the insurer's office using a demand draft or cheque. Some insurers may deny accepting cash payments for renewal or do so for a specified limit. Confirm with IFFCO-Tokio about the same before proceeding with cash payments.
2. If I don't pay the renewal cost by the deadline indicated in the policy, what happens?
We advise paying the premium before the policy's expiration date. IFFCO-Tokio health insurance provides a 30-day grace period to pay the payment; however, insurance benefits are halted during this time.
3. Do contracts for health insurance automatically renew?
Often, one-year contracts for health insurance are offered for purchase. Some insurance companies may send a renewal reminder. A lot of times, one-year contracts for health insurance are offered for purchase. Some insurers may use a renewal notification to inform the insured about the policy expiration date.
4. How much time do you get to renew IFFCO-Tokio health insurance if you don't do it on the due date?
When your current IFFCO-Tokio Health Insurance policy expires, you have a maximum of 30 days from the final payment date to renew your coverage, according to the IRDAI.
5. Why should I avoid renewal during the grace period?
If policyholders don't renew their coverage before their policies expire, the insurance firms have a set grace period for them. However, since the insurers don't cover you during the grace period, look to renew IFFCO-Tokio health insurance on or before expiration.
IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance Claim Settlement FAQs
1. How much time do you have to resolve a claim?
The enterprise typically replies to claims in seven working days after receiving the final "necessary" document. The deadlines, nevertheless, are occasionally extended. The maximum duration for these is 30 days.
2. What causes the claim amount to be decreased?
Any of the following factors might result in a claim's amount being reduced:
- Not having the necessary documentation or prescriptions.
- Delay in informing the insurance company.
- False claim request.
- Claim falls under the list of exclusions, etc.
3. How many hospitals provide cashless services under IFFCO-Tokio health insurance?
At more than 7,500 network hospitals, you may receive care without paying cash.
4. In the event that the claimant loses the original policy document, what substitute requirements are there?
If the claimant has lost the original policy bond, they must submit the indemnity bond for loss of policy document, which must be produced on INR 200 stamp paper and duly notarized.
5. How soon should a claimant contact the insurer that they want to use a cashless facility or get their money back in an emergency or scheduled situation?
When hospitalisation is planned, the insurer must be informed three days before the hospitalisation. However, in the event of emergency hospitalisation, the insurance company providing the coverage must be notified as soon as a covered person is hospitalised.
IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance Policy Download FAQs
1. Does the IFFCO-Tokio health insurance policy document contain the details regarding free- look duration of your policy?
Yes, the policy document of IFFCO-Tokio health insurance policy contains the free-look time period.
2. Does the IFFCO-Tokio health insurance policy download documents contain coverage amount?
Yes, the document goes over the coverage amount along with basic informations like inclusions and exclusions of the policy and the policyholder's personal informations like name and age.
3. Does IFFCO-Tokio health insurance policy document downloads include the terms and details of portability?
Yes. IFFCO-Tokio health insurance policy document downloads provides the insured with all the terms and details regarding portability benefits. The portability benefit provides you with the option to easily switch to any similar policy of other policy provider to IFFCO-Tokio.
Yes the IFFCO-Tokio health insurance policy document downloads go over the details and terms and conditions about the claim process.
4. How do I make a correction in my IFFCO-Tokio health insurance policy document?
You can call IFFCO-Tokio health insurance customer care number, 1800-103-5499(toll-free) and request for a correction in the policy document. After the company verifies the request, they would make the correction for you and issue a new IFFCO-Tokio health insurance policy document for you.
5. Does the IFFCO-Tokio health insurance policy document downloads contain the terms regarding claim process?
Yes, the policy document will clearly specify the terms pertaining to claim intimation time and other formalities. So, check the same thoroughly and follow the claim process as specified for a hassle-free experience.
IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance Benefits FAQs
1. Does IFFCO-Tokio cover the cost of vaccinations?
With the IFFCO-Tokio Family Health Protector Plan, the company covers vaccination fees up to a maximum of 7.5% of the total premium paid in the event of a single covered person and up to 15% for all insured members.
2. What advantages come with selecting health insurance that covers AYUSH treatments?
You can investigate holistic healing techniques by receiving health insurance with AYUSH treatment coverage from the benefits of IFFCO-Tokio health insurance. Several alternative healthcare systems now in use include homoeopathy, yoga, ayurveda, siddha, and unani. You can sign up for AYUSH treatment coverage as part of wellness and preventative healthcare.
3. Is cataract surgery a part of IFFCO-Tokio health insurance benefits?
Yes, IFFCO-Tokio health insurance benefits include coverage for cataract surgery. However, you may have to undergo a waiting period of 24 months for the same.
4. How can I review the benefits of IFFCO-Tokio health insurance?
You can compare the benefits of IFFCO-Tokio health insurance and competing offers online on Paytm Insurance. Compare coverages, premiums, network hospital count and other details of IFFCO-Tokio with others to know where the former stands in the competition.
5. What are the exclusions of the IFFCO Tokio health insurance policy?
Always keep in mind that there are many exclusions in healthcare insurance. IFFCO-Tokio health insurance policy may come with certain exclusions.
- The cost of aesthetic treatment is one of the frequent exclusions in health insurance.
- Cosmetic surgery unless it is medically necessary for the insured’s survival.
- Self-harm won’t be covered under IFFCO-Tokio health insurance plans.
- IFFCO-Tokio won’t cover Sexually transmitted diseases.
- Pre-existing conditions won’t get covered before the waiting period. Specific waiting period clause also applies to specific diseases.
IFFCO Tokio Health Network Hospitals FAQs
1. Can I access the COVID-19 coverage plan at the IFFCO-Tokio health insurance hospital list near me?
The scope of the insurance includes coverage for COVID-19. Inpatient stays and diagnostic interventions linked to COVID-19 are covered by the insurance scheme. Checkout the website online to discover whether there are any IFFCO-Tokio health insurance hospital lists near me.
2. How can I file an insurance claim for services rendered at a hospital outside my network?
You will be required to pay the hospital fees yourself after being discharged if you choose to have treatment at a facility that is not covered by your insurance network. Later, you can get in touch with the insurance provider and submit a refund claim.
3. How many hospitals are considered network hospitals under the IFFCO-Tokio health insurance plan?
More than 7,500 hospitals are included in the IFFCO-Tokio Health Insurance Network Hospitals plan's network. They are extensively spread out around the country and have simple access to medical treatment.
4. What does it mean for a hospital to be an insurance network hospital?
An insurance company has an agreement with a network hospital, which provides cashless care to those who are covered. If you receive care at a hospital in the network, your insurance provider will pay your out-of-pocket medical expenses.
5. What doesn't a cashless hospital accept?
Health insurance is intended to shield you from the expenses of necessary medical expenses in the event of a catastrophic admission or if you ever have to undergo planned medical care. You may thus be charged for certain non-medical things that your cashless health coverage claim would not cover, such as:
- Registration fees for healthcare facilities
- Spending on toiletries
- Service charges
- Admission costs
IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance Premium Calculator FAQs
1. How are premiums assessed?
The cost of the insurance you've chosen, as assessed by your insurance provider, is known as a premium.
2. How to lower your health insurance policy's premium?
Here are some suggestions for lowering your premium:
- Choose long-term medical insurance
- Choose top-ups
- Buy young
- Lead a healthy lifestyle
- Make a higher deductible of your choice
3. Why should I utilize the premium calculators available online?
In addition to helping you save time and effort, a quality calculator is also easy to use. To obtain top quotes, genuine papers are not necessary. By submitting a few simple details, such as yearly income, identification, birth date, and so on, one may receive premium quotes for a variety of options in under a minute. If a person makes an informed choice, they may get insurance coverage online without the aid of an agent.
4. How is the maturity amount for insurance determined?
Final additional bonus (if specified) + bonuses + sum insured make up the fundamental structure. According to corporate policy, the insurance firm must include all incentives and most recent bonuses in the maturity value.
5. How do premium estimators function?
A potential client can determine the cost of the premium for a certain health insurance plan using an online tool called a health insurance premium calculator. Calculating the premium is more important than ever because of the increase in growth in medical costs.
IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance Top Up Plans FAQs
1. Can I get a super top up coverage from IFFCO Tokio?
Yes. IFFCO Tokio offers both top up and super top up coverage.
2. Does the top up plan from IFFCO Tokio include critical illness cover?
No. IFFCO Tokio health insurance top up plan does not include critical illness cover.
3. Does the top up plan from IFFCO Tokio include alternative treatment cover?
Yes. IFFCO Tokio health insurance top up plan includes alternative treatment cover.
4. Can I get family floater coverage from IFFCO Tokio top up plans?
Yes. IFFCO Tokio offers both individual and family floater coverage plans.
5. What is the highest amount of tax deduction I can get?
The highest amount of tax deduction you can get under Section 80D is INR 1 lakh.
6. Can I get a group insurance plan for my company from ManipalCigna?
Yes. ManipalCigna Health Insurance offers companies 5 different group insurance policies to choose from.
IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance Critical Illness Plans FAQs
1. How to buy IFFCO Tokio health critical illness cover plans?
In order to buy IFFCO Tokio critical illness policy, you need to visit the official website of the insurance provider and go over their insurance proposal procedure. Alternatively, you can visit Paytm Insurance and go over hundreds of health insurance plans that are available to you and then take an educated purchase by comparing the pros and cons of each policy.
2. What is the highest amount of insured sum available under IFFCO Tokio health insurance critical illness plans?
The sum insured by IFFCO Tokio's critical illness plan ranges up to INR 1 crore.
3. Does IFFCO Tokio's critical illness plan cover alternative treatment?
No. Only allopathy treatments are covered under IFFCO Tokio critical illness plans.
4. Are pre-acceptance medical tests necessary?
Pre-acceptance medical tests are not mandatory for people up to 50 years of age.
5. What are the exclusions listed under the critical illness policy of IFFCO Tokio?
The exclusions listed under IFFCO Tokio health insurance critical illness plans are as under
- Pre-existing loss, accident or injury
- Injuries or illness due to Self-injury or suicide attempt
- Injuries or illness due to Breach of law
- Injuries or illness due to alcohol, drugs, substance abuse or any other intoxication addiction.
- Injuries or illness due to naval, air force, military or any other law enforcement operation
- Injuries or illness due to sporting risks
- Injuries or illness due to adventure sports or activities
- Injuries or illness due to war risk
- Injuries or illness due to nuclear activities
- Injuries or illness due to consequential loss from any other insured event
Buy Insurance Plans
Recent ArticlesView All
Measures for Preventing Cancer
By choosing healthy lifestyle habits, you can reduce your risk of developing some common types of cancer. Lear...Read More
Understanding Free Health Check-up Coverage of Your Health I...
Regular medical checkups are beneficial to keep your health in check. You will get them free if you have healt...Read More
Let’s Scan Arogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance Plan
Arogya Sanjeevani is basic and inexpensive health insurance. Additionally, it offers the choice of obtaining a...Read More
Star Health Insurance Family Health Optima Policy
Star Family Health Optima Health Insurance Policy provides extensive coverage for the entire family under a si...Read More
Vitamins and Minerals That Boost Metabolism
Leaner people are associated with a high basal metabolic rate. However, Vitamin B and D, and minerals such as ...Read More
Different Types of Health Insurance Policies Offered in Indi...
You can't get the ideal value if you don't know what kinds of health insurance policies are available in India...Read More
Healthy Foods That Protect Your Liver
The liver is the body's detoxification system that filters out toxins and is responsible for numerous vital fu...Read More
Understanding the Types and Treatments of Diabetes
Diabetes is a disorder when the body's capacity to metabolise blood glucose is impaired. The disease is classi...Read More
Manage Anxiety Easily with These Tips
The constant feeling of something going wrong can wreak havoc on one’s mind and affect daily tasks. However, h...Read More