Plans starting at only ₹7/day*
New India Health Insurance Top Up Plans
Enter your details to buy Health Insurance
By proceeding, I agree to the Terms & Conditions
- No Spam calls. Promise
- Upto ₹75,000** Tax deduction under Sec 80D
- Instant Policy Issuance
If you frequently find yourself surpassing your existing health policy and its base sum insured coverage, you can consider purchasing New India top up plans, which provide you with additional coverage after you have exhausted your basic health insurance plan. The program provides various advantages and minimises your out-of-pocket payments in the event of frequent hospitalizations.
This page will provide in-depth details of the top up policy of New India health insurance.
New India Health Insurance Top Up Plan Highlights
When you top up New India Assurance health insurance, you get covered for hospitalisation and treatment once your base coverage is up and the deductible amount is spent. The policy via which you can get such benefits is New India TOP-UP Mediclaim Policy. This amount can either be met by your base health insurance policy or via self-funding. Therefore, it is not essential to have a base health insurance policy in place to have a top-up mediclaim plan.
The plan highlights include:
- Affordable premium amounts
- In-patient hospitalisation in India
- Coverage for AYUSH treatment expenses
- There is a 48-month pre-existing disease waiting term
- There is a 24-month specified disease waiting term
- Coverage for ambulance expenses
Types of New India Assurance Health insurance Top Up Plans
New India TOP-UP Mediclaim Policy is the only top-up plan offered by New India Assurance Company. Here are the details.
New India TOP-UP Mediclaim Policy
|Plan Type||Individual / Family Floater|
|Sum Insured||INR 5-22 Lakh|
|Deductible Amount||INR 5-8 Lakh|
New India Assurance Health Top Up Plans: Key Features & Benefits
Here is a rundown of all the benefits offered by New India health insurance top up plans over the traditional top up medical insurance plans:
1. Peace of Mind
The idea of having cover for an emergency is repulsive to almost all individuals. However, it is not always easy to find the right health insurance plan. With time, one of your older policies will finish, leaving you without coverage. That is when it becomes important to take a look at some of the new health insurance offers up for grabs. It would be worth looking at New India TOP-UP Mediclaim Policy that offers an additional sum insured coverage of up to INR 22 lakh in case your base policy is completely exhausted.
2. Quick Customer Service
As a policyholder, your first concern is the claim settlement and you want it to be done promptly by the insurer. You don't want to waste hours exchanging mails, telephoning and waiting while your claim isn't settled in your favour. New India understands that customers have come to get quality service from its health insurance policies. However, it is not just about the policy’s financial strength or offerings but also about the company’s customer service approach, which has always been geared towards being on top of every aspect of customer care, from claims settlement to quality control.
3. Tax Advantages
Section 80D of the Income Tax Act is an important part of every policyholder’s tax planning. This section offers them a tax break on the premiums they have paid. For anybody under 60 years, the tax deduction limit is INR 25,000, which includes a preventive healthcare tax break of INR 5,000. For policyholders above 60 years i.e., senior citizens, the tax break is increased up to INR 50,000, which again includes a preventive healthcare tax break of INR 5,000. So, if you have one senior citizen on your plan, you can claim tax benefits up to INR 75,000 (INR 25,000 + INR 50,000). In the same way, if you are two senior citizens covered under a plan, you can get a tax deduction of up to INR 1,00,000 (INR 50,000 + INR 50,000).
4. Network Hospitals
A big network of hospitals is the need of every policyholder right now. Every insurance company offers plans that include a choice of hospitals. Still, if you've ever had one of those terrible experiences where you needed to be hospitalized on holidays or during vacation, you know how important it is to choose a hospital with high-quality care. New India Assurance has over 3,000 hospitals and medical facilities nationwide.
Inclusions of the New India Assurance Health Insurance Top Up Policy
New India TOP-UP Mediclaim Policy covers the following situations:
- In-patient hospitalisation
- Organ donor expenses
- Get well benefit
- Ambulance expenses
- Hospital cash benefit
- Cataract surgery
- AYUSH treatment expenses
- Intellectual faculties impairment
- Artificial life maintenance
- Mental illness, stress, psychological and neurodegenerative disorder treatment
- Menopause and puberty-related disorders
- ARMD or age-related macular degeneration
- Neuro and behavioural developmental disorders
- Genetic disorders and diseases
- Modern treatments or procedures
Exclusions of the New India Health Insurance Top Up Policy
New India TOP-UP Mediclaim Policy does not cover the following situations:
- Pre-existing diseases till the expiry of the waiting period
- Diseases during their specified waiting terms
- Diseases and injuries during the first 30-day waiting term, except for accidental injuries
- Evaluation and investigation of diseases without treatment
- Respite care, rehabilitation and rest cure
- Weight control or obesity surgical treatment
- Gender swap treatment
- Plastic or cosmetic surgery
- Adventure or hazardous sports
- Injuries sustained or diseases from doing any illegal activities
- Refractive error < 7.5 dioptres
- Unproven treatments
- Infertility and sterility
- Maternity expenses
- Injuries sustained or diseases from war
- Injuries sustained or diseases from nuclear materials
- Pre-hospitalisation medical expenses
- Post-hospitalisation medical expenses
- Naturopathy, acupressure, magnetic, acupuncture and other similar therapy expenses
- Circumcision (unless necessitated for treatment)
- Medical equipment expenses
- Dental surgery or treatment (unless necessitated for treatment)
- Intentional self-injury
- General debility
- Venereal disease
- Injuries sustained or diseases from wilful exposure to danger
- Injuries sustained or diseases from criminal acts
- Stem cell surgery and implantation
- Non-medical equipment expenses
- Domiciliary hospitalisation
- Treatment change (unless necessitated for treatment)
- Hospital levied service charges, admission fees, surcharges, registration charges and other fees
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy, enhanced external counterpulsation, external counterpulsation, rotational field quantum resonance and other similar treatments
- Outside India treatments and investigations
The following are the New India Health insurance top up policy eligibility requirements:
|Coverage Type||Individual, Family Floater|
18 years for proposer
3 months for other members
65 years for adults
65 years for other members
Things to Consider When Buying New India Health Insurance Top Up Plans
Here are some things to think about while looking for a New India health insurance top up plan:
1. Deductible Amount
This is the amount you will pay to obtain the additional insured amount from any top-up policy. The smaller the number, the better. The deductible amounts for New India TOP-UP Mediclaim Policy range from INR 5- 8 lakh.
2. Sum Insured
The sum insured is the coverage amount provided by the New India health insurance top-up plan. The greater the number, the better. However, keep in mind that a bigger sum insured also equals a larger premium amount. New India TOP-UP Mediclaim Policy provides insured amounts ranging from INR 5-22 lakh.
3. Network of Hospitals
The need of the hour is to select a healthcare company with a huge hospital network. It not only allows you to access cashless therapy, but it also assures you the best healthcare. New India Health Insurance has a broad hospital network that includes over 3,000.
How to Buy New India Assurance Health Insurance Top-up Policy?
To buy a New India health insurance top-up policy, you need to visit the website of Paytm Insurance, a renowned insurance marketplace allowing you to compare and choose the right policy for your needs. Select ‘health insurance ‘on the homepage. A drop-down menu of health insurance carriers will emerge. Following that, you must select your preferred insurance. After selecting your insurance, you will be sent to a new section where you must complete a brief survey. You must then enter your local PIN number and age bracket. Next, select 'get quotes' to see a full page of health insurance policies. Evaluate the plans and select your favourite health insurance policy. All there's left is to pay for your policy with Paytm Insurance and take advantage of the coverage
New India Health Insurance Top Up Plans FAQs
1. What are the covered advanced procedures of the New India health insurance top up plans?
The advanced medical procedures included under the coverage of New India TOP-UP Mediclaim Policy are as follows:
- HIFU and uterine artery embolization
- Deep brain stimulation
- Robotic surgeries
- Bronchial thermoplasty
- Stem cell therapy
- Prostrate vaporisation
- Stereotactic radio surgeries
- Intravitreal injections
- Oral chemotherapy
- Balloon sinuplasty
2. Is domiciliary treatment covered under New India Top Up Plans?
No. New India TOP-UP Mediclaim Policy does not cover domiciliary treatment expenses.
3. How to calculate the premium amount of the New India Assurance top up plans?
New India offers a ‘get quote’ service on each of its product pages. Also, there’s a separate premium calculator section on the page bottom. From there, you can calculate your estimated premium amount by inputting your age and insured sum amount.
4. Can I get a New India Assurance health top up policy as an individual?
Yes. New India TOP-UP Mediclaim Policy is available as both individual and family floater options.
5. How to buy New India Assurance top up plans?
To buy New India TOP-UP Mediclaim Policy, you can visit the official website of New India and follow the purchase steps. Alternatively, you can go through multiple options available on Paytm Insurance and then buy the one that best meets your requirements.
Buy Insurance Plans
Recent ArticlesView All
Measures for Preventing Cancer
By choosing healthy lifestyle habits, you can reduce your risk of developing some common types of cancer. Lear...Read More
Understanding Free Health Check-up Coverage of Your Health I...
Regular medical checkups are beneficial to keep your health in check. You will get them free if you have healt...Read More
Let’s Scan Arogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance Plan
Arogya Sanjeevani is basic and inexpensive health insurance. Additionally, it offers the choice of obtaining a...Read More
Star Health Insurance Family Health Optima Policy
Star Family Health Optima Health Insurance Policy provides extensive coverage for the entire family under a si...Read More
Vitamins and Minerals That Boost Metabolism
Leaner people are associated with a high basal metabolic rate. However, Vitamin B and D, and minerals such as ...Read More
Different Types of Health Insurance Policies Offered in Indi...
You can't get the ideal value if you don't know what kinds of health insurance policies are available in India...Read More
Healthy Foods That Protect Your Liver
The liver is the body's detoxification system that filters out toxins and is responsible for numerous vital fu...Read More
Understanding the Types and Treatments of Diabetes
Diabetes is a disorder when the body's capacity to metabolise blood glucose is impaired. The disease is classi...Read More
Manage Anxiety Easily with These Tips
The constant feeling of something going wrong can wreak havoc on one’s mind and affect daily tasks. However, h...Read More