Starting at only ₹1.5 per Day*
DHFL Standalone Own Damage Bike Insurance
Enter your details to buy Bike Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
DHFL offers a total of three types of insurance to its customers. One of them is standalone or own damage two-wheeler insurance wherein the coverage includes own damage costs incurred due to any mishaps. Since the own damage costs are compensated for, the insurance holder is granted a sense of financial stability when faced with a crisis.
Purchasing DHFL General Insurance own damage two-wheeler insurance policy ensures protection against own-damage costs incurred in situations like theft, fires, explosions, vandalism, or damages caused due to natural calamities or man-made disasters. While not mandatory, the purchase of this policy is beneficial as it enhances protection for the two-wheeler.
How does DHFL General Insurance Standalone Own Damage Two Wheeler Insurance Policy Work?
- DHFL General Insurance own damage bike insurance policy is optional insurance to be bought by the insurance holder.
- Own damage insurance is offered as a standalone yearly policy with an annual renewal.
- Since the third-party and own damage insurances have separated and aren't mandatory now, the latter can be bought voluntarily.
- Own damage insurance comes with add-on cover options.
DHFL Standalone Own Damage Two Wheeler Insurance Vs Third Party Two Wheeler Insurance Vs Comprehensive Two Wheeler Insurance
|Basis of Comparison||DHFL General Insurance Limited Third Party Liabilities Only Bike Insurance||DHFL General Insurance Limited Comprehensive Bike Insurance||DHFL General Insurance Limited Own Damage Bike Insurance|
|Coverage Extent||Coverage is extended for third-party liabilities only.|
Coverage is extended for personal as well as third-party damage.
|Unlike the third-party policy, it provides coverage for the personal damages only as incurred by the policyholder.|
|Add-ons Available under the Policy||It doesn’t allow adding add-ons to the base policy.||You can pay an extra premium and enhance your insurance coverage by adding a variety of add-ons.||You can customize your policy by adding additional add-ons.|
|Cost Angle||Cost-effective||Costliest of all types of insurance given its extensive protection.||Costlier than third-party insurance as the enhanced protection covers own damage expenses.|
|Legal Aspect||Mandatory to buy||Optional to buy||Optional to buy|
What All is Covered Under DHFL Standalone Own Damage Two Wheeler Insurance Policy?
- Accidents where the insured two-wheeler is damaged.
- Standalone policy of DHFL two-wheeler insurance provides cover for damage caused by the two-wheeler in the case of fire or explosion.
- Theft or loss of the insured bike.
- Damage incurred by the vehicle due to natural calamities or man-made disasters like cyclones.
What All is not Covered Under DHFL Standalone Own Damage Two Wheeler Insurance Policy?
- Third-party liabilities
- Accidents that damage the bike while occurring outside the boundaries of the country.
- Accidents wherein the bike had been used illegally.
- mechanical breakdown or electrical failure of the bike.
- Two-wheeler depreciation.
DHFL Standalone Own Damage Two Wheeler Insurance Policy Benefits
DHFL General Insurance standalone bike insurance policy offers various benefits, including:
- The cover protects the two-wheeler against own-damage costs and expenses in various scenarios. The compensation also provides the insurance holder financial stability in times of crisis like calamities or road accidents.
- DHFL General Insurance own damage two-wheeler insurance policyholders are given a No Claim Bonus as an incentive for good driving habits. This reward is cumulative and hence can go up to 50% in the fifth consecutive year.
- DHFL General Insurance own damage two-wheeler insurance online has a great variety of add-on covers for policyholders to select from to enhance the coverage of the policy.
DHFL Standalone Own Damage Two Wheeler Insurance Policy Review
DHFL General Insurance own damage bike insurance policy is a very convenient option when buying bike insurance. You can buy it quickly and in a hassle-free manner. The transaction is transparent, and the premiums are kept affordable for the users. The consumer service is responsive and assists at every step of the way.
Add ons for your Two Wheeler Insurance
DHFL Standalone Bike Insurance FAQs
1. Are DHFL General Insurance own damage two-wheeler insurance policyholders eligible for NCB?
Yes, the insurance company offers NCB which is a No Claim Bonus to the customers in case of no claims being raised within the duration, of the policy. It is an incentive for good driving habits and is cumulative. The fifth consecutive year of no claims raised can bring the bonus amount to 50%.
2. Is it compulsory to buy own damage insurance according to Indian law?
No, after the changes made in September 2019, now the vehicle holder is free to buy own damage insurance cover by choice. Third-party insurance is mandatory to be bought at the purchase of the vehicle.
3. Why is DHFL two-wheeler insurance standalone policy the best option for own damage cover?
DHFL offers the lowest bike premiums with a record of a million satisfied customers. The claim support is swift and hassle-free, always concluding within 7 days of claim.
4. Is zero dep cover available under DHFL General Insurance own damage two-wheeler insurance policy?
Yes, DHFL provides the option of zero dep cover to own damage policyholders.
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
Select the appropriate no-claim bonus percentage while renewing your bike insurance policy and save significan...Read More
Renewing your two-wheeler insurance online is easier, faster, and simple and doesn't require paperwork. Follow...Read More
What are the different variants of bike insurance available at the moment? Read on to find out the various typ...Read More
Do you need to buy insurance from a bike dealer? Is it mandatory? The answer may surprise you. Read more to de...Read More
Acko bike insurance provides two bike insurance policies considering your requirements. They offer mainly thir...Read More