Starting at only ₹1.5 per Day*
Edelweiss Comprehensive Bike Insurance Policy
Enter your details to buy Bike Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
Proceed without two wheeler number
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
A two-wheeler owner is liable to pay a massive penalty if the vehicle is ridden without bike insurance. Without valid insurance, riding a vehicle is a punishable offense in India. An Edelweiss comprehensive bike insurance policy will provide a bike owner with extensive coverage for unforeseen events. It combines third-party liability insurance and own-damage cover.
How does Edelweiss Comprehensive Bike Insurance Policy Work?
This policy is a complete package that gives you peace of mind by keeping you financially protected against legal liabilities. But also offers wide coverage against various mishaps.
This extensive coverage policy under which a two-wheeler shall be covered against theft, man-made/natural calamities, and also third-party financial liabilities. With its wider coverage against various situations, this policy is ideally the most recommended one to all the two-wheeler owners.
Edelweiss Comprehensive Bike Insurance Vs Third Party Bike Insurance
Take a look at the difference below
|Parameters||Comprehensive Bike Insurance||Third Party Bike Insurance|
|Coverage||A comprehensive bike insurance policy covers own-damage cover and third-party liability insurance, thus providing complete coverage against all unfortunate events.||Third-party bike insurance is compulsory in India as per the Motor Vehicles Tariff, 1988. It protects the policyholders financially against the third-party losses only caused by the insured bikes.|
|Premium Cost||The premium of a comprehensive insurance policy is a bit pricey in comparison with a third-party insurance policy.||A third-party two-wheeler insurance is relatively cheaper than a comprehensive insurance policy. Based on engine displacement, IRDA decides the premium amount of third-party liability insurance every year,|
|Add-ons||You can buy suitable add-on covers with Edelweiss two-wheeler comprehensive policy to ensure further relief during a crisis.||Third-party insurance does not provide customers with any such add-on covers.|
How to Buy Edelweiss Comprehensive Bike Insurance?
The comprehensive policy of Edelweiss bike insurance policy can be purchased online in just few simple and quick steps:
- Visit the official website of Edelweiss bike insurance
- Fill in all the personal details, contact details, etc along with KYC
- Get a suitable quote after selecting the insurance and add-on covers
- You must pay the premium
- The insurer will contact you soon to confirm the policy
- Your insurance policy will be sent to your email ID
What All is Covered Under Edelweiss Comprehensive Bike Insurance Policy?
Accidental loss or damage caused to a two-wheeler by any of these:
- Fire, self-ignition, explosion, or lightning;
- Housebreaking, burglary, or theft;
- Strike and riot;
- Earthquake, hurricane, typhoon, flood, tempest, inundation, storm, cyclone, hailstorm, frost, landslide or rockslide,;
- Accidental external means;
- Malicious activity;
- Terrorist acts;
- Whilst in transit by air, inland waterway, rail, lift, elevator, or road;
Liability to Third Parties
Bodily injury/death of third parties and/or third-party property/vehicle damages caused in an accident by the protected vehicle.
What All is not Covered Under Edelweiss Comprehensive Bike Insurance Policy?
- Any accidental loss or damage caused or incurred outside the geographical area.
- Contractual liability related claim.
- Normal wear & tear and electrical & mechanical breakdown of the vehicle.
- Any accidental loss, damage, or other liabilities caused directly or indirectly or influenced by nuclear weapons material.
- Any loss caused during the war and other war-like situations.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Driving with invalid driving licence/policy.
Edelweiss Comprehensive Bike Insurance Benefits
Edelweiss comprehensive bike insurance policy provides several benefits to two-wheeler owners:
- Protection Against Injury or Death to Third Party and Damage to Property: Edelweiss comprehensive insurance policy will provide protection in case the insured two-wheeler meets with an accident and hence damages any third-party property or causes fatal injuries to a third person or otherwise.
- Protection Against Damage After Accidents: To restore the insured two-wheeler to working condition, a comprehensive insurance policy covers all expenses.
- Protection Against Injuries: All medical expenses will be covered under Edelweiss comprehensive bike insurance, if the two-wheeler rider suffers physical injuries due to an accident,
- Protection Against Death: Edelweiss comprehensive insurance policy will ensure that the family members of the deceased are suitably compensated, in case the rider dies in an accident caused while riding the insured bike.
Edelweiss Comprehensive Bike Insurance Policy Review
If one needs broad coverage for the two-wheeler along with add-ons, this policy is highly recommended to them. Also, the policy offers all-round protection against various mishaps as it covers third-party liabilities as well as own damages. Hence, preferred by many bike owners.
Add ons for your Two Wheeler Insurance
Edelweiss Comprehensive Two Wheeler Insurance FAQs
1. What is Edelweiss long-term comprehensive two-wheeler insurance?
Usually, comprehensive insurance for two-wheelers has to be renewed every year. However, if a policyholder wants to have some extra benefits by avoiding the hassle of a repeated renewal process, long-term two-wheeler insurance has a renewal frequency of once in two or three years.
2. What are the add on features in the Edelweiss comprehensive two-wheeler insurance policy?
One may opt for purchasing beneficial add-on covers such as depreciation protection, emergency medical expenses protection, pillion protection, consumable expenses protection, invoice value protection, additional third party property damage protection, etc., with this policy.
3. Is there any compulsory deductible under the Edelweiss comprehensive two-wheeler policy?
No liability shall arise for each and every claim under loss of or damage to the vehicle insured in respect of the deductible stated in the schedule to the policy. For 2 years or 1-year policies, the additional deductible amount applicable is as follows:
- For the third admissible claim during the policy tenure, an additional deductible of INR 500/- or 5% of the claim value, whichever is less.
- For the fourth or subsequent admissible claim during the policy tenure, an additional deductible of INR 1,000/- or ten percent of the claim value, whichever is less.
4. How do I resolve any grievance with respect to the Edelweiss comprehensive two-wheeler policy?
Any grievance of a complainant sent in a written communication to Edelweiss Insurance at any of the contact points mentioned in the policy will be addressed within fourteen days of the receipt of the complaint.
You May Also Like
Buy Insurance Plans
Recent ArticlesView All
It's All About Selecting No-claim Bonus (NCB) During Bike In...
Select the appropriate no-claim bonus percentage while renewing your bike insurance policy and save significan...Read More
Renewal of IFFCO-Tokio Two-wheeler Insurance Online: A Compr...
Renewing your two-wheeler insurance online is easier, faster, and simple and doesn't require paperwork. Follow...Read More
Steps to Claim Reliance Bike Insurance
It's a big relief if you have someone who will cover all your financial losses that may incur in the future du...Read More
Steps to Claim Bike Insurance at HDFC Ergo
All bike insurance policyholders expect an easy and hassle-free claiming facility from their bike insurance co...Read More
Off-road Bike Insurance: All You Need to Know
Youngsters in India are very adventurous and love to do off-road riding. It is always advisable to purchase bi...Read More
Different Types of Bike Insurance and Its Variants
What are the different variants of bike insurance available at the moment? Read on to find out the various typ...Read More
Bike Insurance: Should You Buy It from Bike Dealers?
Do you need to buy insurance from a bike dealer? Is it mandatory? The answer may surprise you. Read more to de...Read More
Everything You Need to Know About Acko Bike Insurance Before...
Acko bike insurance provides two bike insurance policies considering your requirements. They offer mainly thir...Read More
Bike Insurance Premium for 125cc Engine
Bike insurance varies because of many factors, and one among them is bike capacity. Know the insurance policy ...Read More