Starting at only ₹1.5 per Day*
Edelweiss Zero Depreciation Bike Insurance
Enter your details to buy Bike Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
Your bike's value depreciates with time. A normal standalone own-damage or comprehensive bike insurance policy covers your damages or losses, but only after withholding the depreciation amount from the claim amount at the time of claim settlement for bike insurance. The Edelweiss zero depreciation bike insurance add-on cover assists policyholders in avoiding depreciation costs associated with their bike. It enables bike insurance policyholders to recover the full value of their claim in the event of any damage to the insured bike or scooter's parts. However, this add-on cover does not include total loss, constructive total loss, and theft of the insured vehicle.
How does Edelweiss Two Wheeler Insurance Zero Depreciation Cover Work?
The Edelweiss zero depreciation bike insurance add-on covers the entire claim cost, including depreciation on the bike parts. It is accessible at the time of purchase and renewal for a small additional fee. The bike's Insured Declared Value (IDV), set at the time of purchase or renewal, determines the claim amount.
Benefits of Edelweiss Zero Depreciation Add-on Cover
With Edelweiss 0 dep bike insurance add-on cover, you can get the following benefits:
- Maximum Claim Amount: Policyholders who add the zero depreciation add-on cover to a standalone or a comprehensive bike insurance policy can recover the entire total insured amount without incurring any depreciation charges.
- Saves You Money: The Edelweiss zero depreciation two-wheeler insurance add-on cover protects your claim amount from depreciation. To receive the full claim amount, policyholders can use this benefit by paying an extra premium. The depreciation amount you get in a claim with this policy is usually larger than the premium you pay for zero depreciation add-on protection, which helps you save money.
Depreciation Rate Applicable on Bike With and Without Zero Depreciation Add-on
|Bike Age||Depreciation Rate with Zero Depreciation Cover||Depreciation Rate without Zero Depreciation Cover|
|6 months-1 year||0%||5%|
|Above 10 years||0%||50%|
|Bike Parts||Depreciation Rate with Zero Depreciation Cover||Depreciation Rate without Zero Depreciation Cover|
|Rubber/ Nylon/ Plastic Parts||0%||50%|
What is Included Under Edelweiss Two Wheeler Insurance Policy with Zero Depreciation Cover?
Here are some examples of aspects covered by zero depreciation add-on of Edelweiss two-wheeler insurance policy:
- A traffic collision that results in financial loss for you, your vehicle, and third- party.
- Damages caused by a motorcycle fire or bike's self-ignition.
- Floods, landslides, earthquakes, or other natural disasters.
- Burglary and theft or complete motorcycle loss.
- Terrorist activities.
- Your own motorcycle is damaged.
What is Excluded Under Edelweiss Two Wheeler Insurance Policy with Zero Depreciation Cover?
Following are some significant situations not covered by Edelweiss' zero dep two-wheeler insurance policies:
- Damages to tubes and tyres as a regular wear and tear
- Contractual work or work-related liability
- Damages due to carelessness
- Driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs, etc.
- Riding without insurance or a legal driver's licence
- Involvement in nuclear, violent, chemical, or biological events
- Unintentional damage that occurs outside of the designated geographical area
- Using the vehicle for commercial purposes
Factors Affecting Edelweiss Two Wheeler Insurance Zero Depreciation Cover
The Edelweiss zero depreciation bike insurance add-on cover comes with a slew of benefits, but policyholders should be aware of a few requirements before taking advantage of it, including:
- This add-on cover is only for bikes up to 5 years old.
- Only the first two claims made during the insurance period are covered.
- If the bike is mended at a non-network garage, the first 10% of the claim amount will be removed.
How to Buy Edelweiss Two Wheeler Insurance Zero Depreciation Cover?
The following is the method for purchasing Edelweiss zero depreciation two-wheeler insurance policy:
- Visit Edelweiss General Insurance's official website.
- Enter the vehicle identification number.
- Select ‘I'm Done’.
- After that, you must enter the vehicle's information.
- You will be able to see the policy quote.
- You will have the option of choosing multiple add-on covers. Select the zero depreciation add-on cover.
- One can buy the policy after paying the premium. The policy details will be sent to one's email address.
Edelweiss Two Wheeler Insurance Zero Depreciation Cover Review
Many clients trust Edelweiss because of their insurance coverage. Customers appreciate the company's two-wheeler strategy. The plans are inexpensive, and filing a claim is very simple. You may buy or renew your coverage online in just a few simple steps. The protection is extensive, and the price is reasonable. As a result, Edelweiss may become your preferred insurance provider.
Add ons for your Two Wheeler Insurance
Edelweiss Zero Depreciation Bike Insurance FAQs
1. What difference does zero dep make to my basic insurance policy from Edelweiss?
In a typical vehicle insurance policy, the claim amount is based on the bike's depreciated value. There is a full claim settlement with 0% depreciation. This means you'll have full coverage for your bike parts, regardless of their depreciation value.
2. Should I purchase Edelweiss zero depreciation insurance?
If you have a new automobile or are going to buy one, this coverage is recommended because it will help you keep your bike's original worth for a long period. In addition, in the event of an accident, the insurance company will cover the costs of the vehicle.
3. What factors influence the cost of Edelweiss zero depreciation insurance?
Age, bike type and model, and registration location are all factors that influence the premium.
4. Is it possible to get a third-party insurance policy with Edelweiss no depreciation?
You can only get a zero depreciation policy if you have comprehensive or standalone own-damage coverage.
5. What are the advantages of obtaining Edelweiss zero-depreciation add-on coverage?
The zero depreciation add-on cover permits the policyholder to collect the bike's original value without depreciation deductions. The amount is determined by the Insured Declared Value (IDV), which is determined when the policy is purchased or renewed.
Recent ArticlesView All
Renewing an HDFC ERGO two-wheeler insurance policy is simple. To make a note of the considerations, you should...Read More
Insurance companies offer several add-ons to a two-wheeler insurance policy. Learn about their terms and condi...Read More
Bike insurance immunes you financially against third-party claims, loss and damage to the two-wheeler, etc. Bu...Read More
Riding a bike with a lapsed Royal Sundaram bike insurance policy can result in fines up to INR 2000 or impriso...Read More
Transferring the ownership of a two-wheeler and its registration certificate can be a tiresome process. The pr...Read More
As per the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, it is mandatory to get the PUC certificate. Now, we can apply, view, and ...Read More
Not every bike insurance covers damage to bike fibre parts. A two-wheeler insurance policy with add-on zero-de...Read More
The Honda Activa series of scooters are among the most popular ones in India. Here are the 3 best Honda Activa...Read More